I get really annoyed when I see phrases like "that's a thing" or "let's [noun used as verb] together...

I get really annoyed when I see phrases like "that's a thing" or "let's [noun used as verb] together." Any store you'll go to has t-shirts and merchandise with infantile sayings like that. What does Veeky Forums think of the extreme simplification of the English language? Is this happening in other languages?

You don't yell to your boyfriend "Let's cum together"?

What a fag.

This oversimplification feeds the egotistical nature of most young normies and is designed specifically to easily propagate ideas, by making them seem so simple that you must be a retard not to accept them, blindly or not.
"Journalism" has taken a more and more authoritative approach to headlines because people are more polarized as to either dismissing them entirely, or worshiping them as the absolute truth. "X is Y, and HERE'S WHY" is the new standard. The simple nature of repetitive assertions and demands drives them into the bugman's psyche far better than a nuanced and lengthy article of substance.
You can attribute this to the motives of the powers that be, or simple profit.

To add:
Originally, phrases like "that's a thing" grew out of cliched attempts to sound quirky and likable in communities where you have to keep up an image (Reddit, tumblr, pretty much anywhere except the chans). Was a simple way to force a casual tone, and later to appear smug and condescending to others while delivering your hot takes, like you're lecturing a retarded child (that's the basis of "sweetie rhetoric" as I like to call it). Essentially it's a way to place yourself as the voice of reason and authority before the argument even starts. Combine that with its effectiveness in circlejerk-prone communities and the willingness of idiots to engage anyway, it's no surprise it's so popular.

>let's [noun used as verb] together.
Maybe I'm sheltered, but can you provide some examples? I've seen plenty of shirts girls wear where they won't shut the fuck up about how much they love sleeping and chocolate, but this one eludes me.

"Adulting" is a popular one.

>22 year old man takes mom's credit card to grocery store
>"I've been adulting today, because I guess that's a thing now"
>Bonus points for working "crippling anxiety" into the tweet

>I can't adult today
>oh noes all I want to do is Netflix
>let's just pizza and wine tonight
>etc.

Not completely related, but has anyone noticed that irony in the modern sense of the word exists so that people can interact with with multiple conflicting viewpoints without damaging their own ego/sense of self? I don't think it's an accident that ironic humor took off right as the world became hyper connected with the internet and people became exposed to dozens of incompatible worldviews. Without irony, millennials would have to change their self over the course of the degree to an unhealthy degree, so irony came about to disconnect their actions from identity.

>over the course of an average day to a degree*

Yeah, it's like "lol imagine if I was really like the person I act like nearly all of the time, wouldn't that be INSANE lol". But they do act like that, nearly all the time.

I suppose I already knew everything you just said but it's nice to be reaffirmed in my feelings. Sometimes it's really alienating to be alone in a world that I just can't force myself to take part in. Though we may bicker like teenagers, Veeky Forums is at reaffirming for me in that way.

Hulu's slogan is "Let's TV Together." I started this thread because I was watching TCM and their slogan is basically the same (Let's Movie) and it got me thinking.

This is interesting, I always felt like there was something weird about excessive irony but never thought of it this way.
I wonder if the bubble of egotism will ever pop, and when it does what will replace it?

Reported for rule violation

poor dog

They are feminine communication patterns, increasing in prominence to match today's rising soyboy betacuck population.

I don't think my mom is a particularly Reddit person but ever since she started working and socializing with Reddit people she started talking in Reddit lingo and bringing home Reddit foods that I've never heard of before like quinoa and using Reddit phrases like "adulting". The Reddit tech company she works at has Reddit ball pits and Reddit soda machines so all the Reddit people can have their Reddit patented fun as they do their Reddit jobs and go home to their Reddit wives.

As for me, yes, I do live with my mother because I am not a Reddit person and am in fact a 4chad who's never even heard of Reddit.

Most of the things you're describing are more Tumblr than Reddit.

poor fucking thing, god it's so sad when animals are hurt because they're completely defenseless

>"X is Y, and HERE'S WHY"
Infinitely less cancerous than "X happened, and it's amazing"

pee pee poo poo xd