I am looking for novels based on an dreams, or have dream-like qualities. Can Veeky Forums suggest anything?

I am looking for novels based on an dreams, or have dream-like qualities. Can Veeky Forums suggest anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mysterious-Stranger-Mark-Twain/dp/0520246950
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. 44, the Mysterious Stranger manuscript by Mark Twain (not the cobbled together version made after he died).
I will always shill this book.
It has a whole thing surrounding dreams and dream selves, and the book gets more and more absurd and surreal as it goes on.

There are quite a few

I know it's obvious but anything Kafka is very dream-like, for instance, An Imperial Message

Italo Calvino

Point me in the right direction then.

I will when i eat

Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

I've read this, and most of Murakami's other novels. This is basically the only foray into dream-like lit I've experienced (and The Metamorphosis by Kafka).

The lime twig

Thanks, these are great.

Sleep has his House by Anna Kavan

>ctrl+f
>no "Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath"

C'mon now

>13 replies
>no finnegans wake

The Golem - Meyrink

He wants books about dreams, not a guy who's awake!

The Blind Owl by Sadegh Hedayat

Dream of Scipio by Cicero
Dream of the Red Chamber by Cao Xueqin

anyone else dream in black and white? Its always like Im watching a fuzzy black and white tv with the brightness dimmed completely, rather than anything vivid.

I feel like Im missing out on something intrinsic, here. It sucks

bruno schulz

the deadly percheron

psychopaths dream in black and white

Shit, not him, but I just looked into this, and it's apparently true that schizophrenics can often remember multiple dreams nightly, which I do. Fuck, now I'm freaking out, which makes me feel like more of a schizo, and it's just compounding itself.

What happens in those dreams?

idiot, everyone remembers multiple dreams a night at times

Last night I dreamed that I lived in a sphere of water above an academy, from which I watched its proceedings, the people milling about and all, then when I descended, they confused me for a student, and administered a test. As I was trying to leave, my cousin (older woman, about 50, short in stature, blonde dyke haircut) told me that I was placed in advanced classes, and compelled me to stay. But then we watched the American superrobot destroy a Lovecraftian horror from space, so it was all right. She asked me, "Why do they even try to fight us any more?" Then I woke up to shit.

This makes me feel significantly better, thank you.

These are great. Some of the best things I've read.
I'd like more people to read them, but inevitability will ensure they would get in the hands of pleds that will dismiss them for whatever reasons

This.

Everyone who can remember dreams vividly does this, faggot.

It's common for people to forget color as soon as they wake up. It never happens to me but a lot of people I know never remember colors and think their dreams are all in black and white.

These books are difficult to find...

T H I S

bulgakov's master and margarita

c'mon lad.

Aurelia followed by Sylvie is the title from two of Nerval's works, distinct from one another. You can get his Selected Writhings from Penguin since it has both of them.

I've found Sleep has his House on bookdepository. It's like the 13 bucks or something.

Stop complaining and start digging.

>Mysterious Stranger manuscript by Mark Twain

Where do I find the manuscript? All I could see is the version completed by publishers

The Opposing Shore

Everything by Boris Vian, especially Autumn in Peking

amazon.com/Mysterious-Stranger-Mark-Twain/dp/0520246950

This is the one I have. You can get it used for about $3

The Green Child - Read

another good one: Dostoyevsky - White Nights.

quote: I'm a dreamer, I have so few experiences of real-life that moments like this shall be repeated in my reveries.

The short novel reads like a recurrin dream. It's very short and I have the habit of reading it at least once every year, it is by no means one of Dostoyevsky's best work, but I really like it.

my dream diary desu

Ligotti.

Strindberg's A Dream Play

Dream Story by Arthur Schnitzler
Journey by Moonlight by Antal Szerb

No man, JUST read all work of Lord Dunsany! is a fucking master

Hey again Veeky Forums, i fucking NEED this book (or pdf o something!)

Mijail Javaxishvili - Kavachi Kvachantiradze
Also know "Kvachi" translated by Donald Rayfield...plz help me guys!