I'm fucking done /lit. Everytime this happens...

I'm fucking done /lit. Everytime this happens, how is it that these fucking roasters have only ever read one book series in their entire miserable whorish lives? Fuck millennials. Fuck them.

Most people haven't read even a book without counting school and that applies to either gender

Why are you so angry? Why do you care so much what other people do? I'm honestly curious.

>have only ever read one book series in their entire miserable whorish lives?
nice ASSUMPTION, asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will not find your ideal shy qt bookish gf pinned up on tinder. You just wont.

prove him WRONG, faggoli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you ever thought that maybe they say 'harry potter' because theres a good chance that everyone has read it, most people like, and they are trying to forge social ties?

You will not find your ideal shy qt bookish gf. You just wont.

>ftfy

if she said Brothers Karamazov or Zarathustra you would've assumed she had meme taste and would be equally contemptuous. You faggots are impossible to please

i know a shy qt bookish girl who has the hots for me. theres a non-zero chance it could happen to you.

You will not find your ideal. You just won't.

>fyftfy

>tfw bookish girl dumped me because she'd rather be alone and read all day than be with me and read all day

Just let me project, okay?

This, univocally.

You don't read "with" a person, you fucking idiot. Do you share the same pair of eyes? Reading is something best accomplished while alone, which is something your ex plainly understands.

sorry buddy, she found chad.

Just curious, what you gon answer?

So much autismo
You'll never know the feeling of a good cuddle slut keeping you warm while you read

She's alone, no Chad. Probably gonna be replaced by a Chadina eventually, bitch was almost as bisexual as she was bipolar.
Psychos give the best S U C C

>mfw I met my ideal shy qt bookish girl and I fucked everything up by being too passive.

Blankets keep me plenty warm and less distracted. Keep disavowing the fact that you're intellectually inferior to a woman, retrograde

Unmatch

How do you tell a normie girl your favorite book without sounding like a pretentious twat?

You don't

op is a fucking knob

post a pic of yourself

You sound like a massive cunt

Women usually dumb stuff down if they think a guy can't handle what they actually have to say
So op, why does that chick think you're such a pleb?

Also it could be her favourite because of childhood and nostalgia or whatever. There is no objective correct answer for someone's favourite book.

What a degenerate whore. Try going for a traditional woman next time user

OP here, I'm not expecting her to be on Veeky Forums level. However I'm at least expecting a degree of interest if she declared it as one of her favourite hobbies. Even if she made a feminist meme pick like The Bell Jar, or Jane Austin I could engage on that level. Fuck, if she listed a book she read in high school we could talk about that no worries. Instead she listed the dullest franchise in the history of franchises.

Well if she's got a piano in her profile picture she might just spend a bit more time with classical music that she does with literature.

You own it. If she's into you and what you're saying you can explain why you like it so much.

Unless it's something autistic like Augustine, then you're most likely talking to a nun

I think Im currently doing the exact same thing.

Girls in general dumb themselves down

I want to marry a person. So obviously I've an interest in what that person would be like. Is that SO fucking unreasonable?

Go get her user. Live for both of us. I trust you.

talk earnestly about why you like it so much. ezpz. People like enthusiasm, as long as you don't sperg out.

Worrying about a woman's taste in books is silly, I think. I'd be more concerned about whether she can cook, if she'd be a good mother, etc.

This is her profile, should I just unmatch? I vastly underestimated how much of a "Gryffindor" she was.

This desu, don't make the same mistake as me and be honest. In my college class the prof. said she was gonna assign groups based on our interests and told us to fill out a little questionnaire. One of the questions was "what are some books you have read recently?" Against my better judgement I decided to be semi-honest and filled it out with some Veeky Forums shit. Nothing too crazy or out there, just some of the more popular stuff by Dostoevsky, Murakami, Vonnegut, etc. I went into class optimistically the next day hoping to find some people who might also be interested in Veeky Forums. Unfortunately the prof. couldn't find anyone with similar interests (in a class of 500 people) and she matched me up with two other people that no one wanted to be in a group with. We were essentially the /r9k/ group, like you could tell just by looking at us. One of the guys was a 5'5 300 lb neck beard and the other dude was one of those weird chubby kids that wears shorts all the time. They both had intense anxiety as well so I would always have to do presentations alone while they stood their. Neither of them read any books.

Do not tell anyone about your interest in Veeky Forumserature unless your are in a SafeSpace™

>gryffindor, cat lover, fangirl and geek

How could you not see it coming user

yes, that is true. But I'm not surprised. When I was in high school AP English class was having a Harry Potter LARP while us regulars plebs were reading Orwell. Don't underestimate how much the "smart kids" love Harry Potter

or just a devout Catholic. Protestants don't read

how am I supposed to explain to anyone that my favorite book is an interwar Romanian Clerical Fascist manifesto?

How does that profile not instantly throw up Red Flags for you?

By telling her that you're on a sexual predator registry first

?

Look, she plays piano and cello and she said she was a book lover. I thought this meant she was at least a little more literate.

You're using Tinder and you match a girl whose first descriptive goddamn fact is that she is a fucking "gryffindor"? You deserve what you get, everything you get.

Oh, wait, you're Australians. This thread makes so much more sense to me now.

this thread

Would dress up as harry potter just to bang her tho.

>he looked up the university just to figure out where I'm located.
OBSESSED

fucking gross

my dick just went B A Z I N G A

You should unmatch because you're probably even more unbearable than she is though. You know it's true.

Fascists are often sexual predators

Nu-males and Hollywood actors appear to be nowadays actually.

these aren't mutually exclusive beliefs

Liberals are sexual prey

Not reading books has a direct correlation with intelligence which has a direct correlation with being a good mother.

It simply goes to prove what I have always thought. White people should not live in subtropical climates. The sun exposure, heat, and humidity fry our brains, as you have amply demonstrated by posting this thread and not attempt to hide your (or her) location.

I'll fuck you in the ass

gay.

Don't act you don't want it bitch

>mfw I met my ideal shy qt nerdish girl and I fucked everything up by being too aggressive
Don't be too hard on yourself, sometimes these things happen. But it doesn't make you loathe yourself less.

Fuck, I did the same. After years of being passive, meek at best, I tried to be “confident” with a cute, quite sweet girl I initially hit it off with on campus. Instead I overcorrected and just acted like a douchebag when, in retrospect, literally just being myself would have probably been fine. She (rightly) never showed interest in me again and certainly never gave me another shot. She didn’t date anyone else for the whole year, and that was probably the last time I got even somewhat close to getting a girlfriend. That was 3 years ago and now I’m a NEET grad who’s never had a girlfriend.

Pretty lame.

>fuck millenials
This is not a new trend you idiot.

I am not the reciever

>tfw I fuck this up even with girls who aren't even shy
>tfw noone will ever understand my self parody of the douchebag I could be, but totally am not
>tfw I will never stop greeting people by talking about how I'm a huge piece of shit like an idiot
>tfw noone reads Dostoevsky

meant to quote

What are you on about, the majority of people have read Dosto or at least familiar with him. Are you a freshman?

Send her the pasta

You're a millennial, dumbo

Prove it, fuckface.

Do or do not and you will regret both. To make a move is a step you need to take, to get rejected is not as bad as missing what could have been

not true NEET

>tinder

You should stop projecting your rage on anyone else. Do you really honestly expect to find anything worthwhile on tinder? You're a fucking fool.

People use tinder for nothing more than superficial and bodily desires. If you are one of the ones who goes on tinder expecting to find an eternal lover, you're playing yourself (unless some absurd stroke of luck were to happen, but that small hope is what some people have in the back of their minds)

Learn to be subtle. When I was talking to women about Plato's Republic, I didn't bring up the tripartite soul or the quasi-fascist government or the Euthyphro dilemma. I just mentioned general, interesting-sounding elements.
>It's about how to construct an ideal society.
>Everyone has something to offer, no matter what kind of person they are.
>The secret is to know how to match a role to a person.
Obviously, if the potential gf/bf has already read the book, they know that these are really shallow statements, but if they've never studied Plato before, and especially if they're not actually readers, they'll eat this shit up.

Know your audience.

She is so out of your league.

>sun exposure
>Victoria

A lot of women look for relationships on Tinder. It's a low effort and risk free way of communicating.

Her head looks like it's tilted, the fuck?

post the books and your school

>not mentioning the cave

did you even read the book

Every girl I've talked to about books is a Murakami fan, oddly enough.

wear a black suit everydat

I'd read the HP series just to squeeze those milkbags in my face, then I'd send her nudes to old Bloom to remind him that it's better to read to sleep with stupid girls than for aesthetic pleasure from the text.

Why is every girl always a fan of Harry Potter, Murakami or A Song of Ice and Fire? If it wasn't for HBO's GOT those roasties would never have heard about it.

I think the books were: The Brothers Karamazov, Notes From The Underground, After Dark and Slaughter House Five. Don't wanna say the exact school but I go to a semi-decent college in Chicago.
That's what I've heard too. I thought maybe I'd be matched with a shy qt book nerd or something. What a fool I was.

And you're the loser posting this shit on Veeky Forums. It'd be a shame if someone contacted her facebook and exposed you as a the pathetic worm you are.

>deakin

The reason is because books aren't trendy anymore for people to like. Nobody in the mainstream unfortunately cares about books at all so it's impossible to discuss Veeky Forums books that aren't shit like Harry Potter and you know for a fact they've only seen the movies. It's like that hobby chart where more and more popular something becomes it becomes a shadow of its former self. This is why people have formed Harry Potter and ASOIAF into social things, it's popular and a good way to meet people, you wouldn't expect them to sadly venture outside of mainstream taste but this is truth.

I know I'm a loser, she actually seems alright (I kept talking to her) . I'm just venting a relatable frustration most people have come across in youth.

Always hide your power level. No exceptions. Goes for /mu/ too.
Nothing is to be gained by telling people you read Wallace Stevens or listen to Beefheart

The Harry Potter series was good, especially for the total amount of pages it had. I still reread the whole series every once in a while.

The studies that say only 26% of Americans haven't read a book in the past year have to be overly-optimistic. The number must be closer to half.

Talk to her about Harry Potter, you huge sperg.

I'm re-reading it in Spanish for practice. It's actually pretty comfy, but that could just be the nostalgia

This. Rejection is closure.

>own it

If you're going to regret either way might as well not suffer that sharp pain and horror that is the asking.

Just because someone reads something you consider shit doesn't mean it's not a hobby.

I work with a guy that spends a good 15 hours a week reading horrible Jack Reacher novels, the drivel 40k books that Black Library keeps shitting out and Navy SEAL memoirs. Just because he has shit taste doesn't mean it's not his hobby.

This thread is basically the Veeky Forums version of the /v/ threads where a faggot bitches because some "gurl gaymr" only plays CoD. Which means you're basically on the same emotional level as the 12 year olds who post on /v/. You, with all your sophisticated, refined taste and understanding of superior literature are on the same level as your basic /v/irgin.

Let that sink in for a second.

>Fascists are often sexual predators

Someone hasn't been following recent developments in Hollywood and the Chapo Rape House.

People don't use tinder anymore for just hookups, gramps. They non-ironically use it for dating and find "the one".