Are you supposed oil the pan before frying bacon? It already makes a ton of grease any time I do it

Are you supposed oil the pan before frying bacon? It already makes a ton of grease any time I do it.

unless the pan has a tendency to scorch/stick, you don't generally need to.

like the previous user said, it's not necessary. but, if i use a cast iron or inox pan, i put a few drop of rapeseed oil and spread it with a paper towel.

Retard
Retard
Retard
Bacon goes in the oven.

Retard
Bacon goes wherever you want

Bacon from a pan taste better because it has a better texture. Bacon goes in the oven only when you need to make it in bulk

Not everyone has an oven. Remember, we have europoors who live in shoeboxes on this board, and most people in Asia don’t have an oven. I have an oven, but I don’t really eat bacon. I love roasting meats tho. If I did eat bacon, I would cook it in the oven.

-put a piece of paper towel in a plate (thick enough to absorb all the rendered fat)
-stack your bacon on top of it
-cover with another piece of paper towel
-microwave till it's crispy
-enjoy

>Not using precooked bacon
Nerds. Just put some of this in the microwave for a few seconds.

Cook with ceramic. Nothing sticks to it

But I want to make my eggs in bacon grease. And before you say this stuff has instructions for warming up in the pan, the resulting grease is a dark brown veering on black and doesn't taste very good at all

>Not having a jar of grease in your fridge from months of bacon cooking
I guess you just don't Veeky Forums as good as me.

Redittors go in the trash

I don't.

Just use cast iron with yesterday's grease still in it.

A little bit of olive oil will do, makes the bacon taste amazing as well

>cast iron
Fucken kill yourselves if you have that much time to maintain it.

I don't. I just said I fry bacon and eggs every day in the previous days coagulated grease still in the pan.

No. Bacon already has a lot of fat. When you cook it in a pan you're supposed to put it in a cold pan, then turn on the heat so a little bit of the fat renders out slowly at the beginning, preventing it from sticking more than in a preheated pan. Also, you do not need to cook bacon on a high heat. You can cook it at medium/medium-low heat and have better results and less splattering.

I like to put it in my mouth.

The horrifying thing is that this is completely fine.

Use lard

Piss off Alton