I'm 18, and drank copious amounts of alcohol for the first time in my life the other night...

I'm 18, and drank copious amounts of alcohol for the first time in my life the other night. I had maybe 10~ shots worth of Vodka. And I got blackout drunk. Am I a lightweight? What constitutes not being a lightweight?

How much does it take for YOU to get drunk/shitfaced?

pls respond

Post bobs and vegana

A bottle of tequila.

Caring about how much you can drink is the most childish shit. And it's a pointless discussion anyway, because it completely depends on how fast you drink and how much is in your stomach. 10 shots over 3 hours while snacking on bar food is nothing. 10 shots in a half hour on an empty stomach will fucking wreck your shit.

I don't think that really makes you a lightweight. If you haven't ever properly drank before and you're 18 of course 10 shots of vodka will fuck you up. It matters more how quickly you're drinking the alcohol than how much you end up drinking in my experience.

You just don't have a tolerance yet. Everyone starts out like that. I can drink 2 liters of vodka in a single night if I have some caffeine with it. I don't recommend developing a tolerance. Be happy that you are a lightweight and your body isn't used to consuming poison.

Its hard to pace yourself with hard liquor like vodka so maybe try beer next time because you'll feel the buzz come on more gradually and can slow down and not pass out.

My first time drinking was 12 shots, and I did not black out, so maybe? I've only gotten blackout twice, and both times was due to ludicrous amounts of 151 proof rum

When I was 18 I got drunk on vodka and vomited so extremely loudly that the couple who live 5 houses away called an ambulance when they heard me.

I'm a world class alcoholic at times and 10 shots of vodkas not making me shitfaced but I'm sure the fuck drunk. You have nothing to be ashamed of. It's a more than respectable first outing

>10 shots in a half hour on an empty stomach will fucking wreck your shit.
That's what I think did me in. My friends were calling me lightweight and what not. But I honestly hadn't eaten anything in about 24 hours and was running on very little sleep.

I drank it all within an hour so that might have had something to do with it.

i drink 2L of white wine a day before i can sleep

light weight baby

I'm 23, and a fairly experienced drinker, but a lightweight. 10 shots back to back would put me in the hospital, so you're probably not a lightweight. Most people call it quits at around 3-4 shots, because getting blackout all the time isn't that fun unless you're an alcoholic.

>But I honestly hadn't eaten anything in about 24 hours and was running on very little sleep.
>I drank it all within an hour so that might have had something to do with it.
Holy hell son, that's a good way to die. The fact that you're even writing these posts is a pretty clear indication that you can handle your liquor well enough. Your friends are just seasoned alcoholics and probably had eaten something before hand.

your friends are showboating cunts
let them destroy their livers and chase some status as a person who can withstand the most alcohol

It's not worth it, your body will thank you in the long run. Learn your limits and drink what you want and how much you are comfortable with. It's fine to turn down a shot.

They tried giving me food to eat AFTER I gotten drunk. I had puked for about 15 seconds after being out for a while. Then they tried feeding me but I couldn't eat it.

*drunk
not drank

Yeah that won't help much until you're actually in the hangover stage. Either eat as you drink, or eat before hand. Regardless you should drink at least as much water as you do alcohol, preferably even more. Keeps your hangovers to a minimum and helps your body process the alcohol. Food in your belly really just slows down how fast your body absorbs it.

I agree with this user.

I never got drunk in my life.

t. somethingvich

10 shots especially for someone who has never really drank "copious" amounts of booze at one time is bound to get you blackout drunk; that doesn't make you a lightweight. Worrying about being a lightweight or not definitely is a sign that you really are 18 though. I don't really drink too often and never did but about five or so shots would get me pretty tipsy and I imagine that a few more would get me at the blackout stage or at least very close.

being a lightweight is a good thing, though.

Don't try to make yourself a heavyweight. Seriously, all you want is to be able to keep up with the guys.

I don't want to be that faggot, but it's a slippery slope.

I wish I was a lightweight. Would save money and cut down on calories

Wasn't the guy who played the prairie-nigger in this commercial actual just some Italian dude?

I wanna say your right but I'm not sure

yeah that'll do it bro don't listen to these pussies

sure the fuck drunk you are pal
me too but hey let's just call it like it is

>drank half a Smirnoff ice
>died

Yep. Italian-American, born in Louisiana. A grand fraud.

No. That's about normal. You have to build up a tolerance to this shit and that's something you don't want.
I only had half a handle of Burnetts left today so I had to run to the store this afternoon and buy a couple more. If I'm lucky those two will last my girlfriend and I til Friday. We get sick if we don't have any. I wake up every few hours over the night and need to take a shot. Her Dr. is running tests on her because a recent ultrasound is showing what looks like stomach cancer.
I'm only 32 and she is 40. I couldn't tell you the last time I've gone a day without a drink. It's been well over a decade.

>18
I'd call the police if I knew who you were. Laws are made for a reason. Do your parents know about this? I don't think they'd be happy.

>12 shots of vodka
>copious
Yeah you are a lightweight.
That is a relative term though.
How much do you weigh?
And since you are starting with 0 tolerance it is going to be amplified.

I chugged half a handle of Smirnoff the first time I drank, polished it off with 3 Coors.
I was 15.
And oh boy did I almost get ran over by 2 quads.

That and I puked anytime someone would say stars. They made a game of it apparently.

Fun times.

But yeah, you are a lightweight, but then again most people are to hardened alcoholics, so who cares.

Alcohol is only illegal to sell, buy or transfer to people under 21.
There is no law against an 18 year old drinking, they just can't buy it, sell it, serve it, or transfer it.

You can drink legally at any age technically, as long as your legal guardian allows it. That beer your dad gave you on that ice fishing trip when you were 12 to make you feel like a man? Totally legal.

Know your rights, know your laws, I've gotten out of legal actions because I knew them.
Told the cop that they had no proof I supplied alcohol to a couple of 17 year old that showed up at our house party, and that if they charged me I would take their department for all it was worth, looked up the codes and all and they were like "Well, yep, hes right you know." and walked off to try it on another of the renters.

>10 shots
>copious amounts
>blackout drunk
You’re what’s known as a teetotaler. I could have drank you under the table when I was 14. That’s not even a brag. You have the alcohol tolerance of a 13 year old 95 pound girl.

It also depends on the person, and the alcohol. I took 14 shots of tequila over the course of a night, and walked out of the bar. Less than half that of Vodka and I lose half a day.

There are no minor in possession laws where you are? Where do you live, Mexico?

The United States.
It varies by state, but they have to prove that you either bought the alcohol for the purpose of contributing to the delinquency or that you knowingly allowed an underage person to consume it on your property. Which they could not prove either, as I didn't even know the two that showed up.

Tons of people get popped for things they can easily worm their way out of. Just got to read the laws.
Best approach is to say absolutely nothing but scripture to cops, and by scripture, I mean recite law codes. Be polite, always have your hands in plain sight, and if you can record the encounter and let them know it is being recorded.
Most will stop the pursuit of trying to charge you if you show them you aren't some bumpkin bootlicker who will let them harass you.

yeah it's more about the speed of the drinking than how much you drink. also, i personally tend to get sick when i drink nothing but beer/cider and drink a lot of it, i think it fills up my stomach too much. i like shots or strong mixed drinks and food and a bit of cider or beer or something to sip on to keep my buzz going.

for example i was fucked up at a party once, i had three full cups of punch that was approximately half rum, like five jello shots, and a few beers, about 20 "drinks" worth of alcohol, but it was over like 6 hours so i never felt sick or anything

>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking

25. Here. A fifth does me good for a night, half gallon for a whole day.

worth mentioning that i also qualify as a lightweight in some senses because i'm pretty small (6'0 173 lbs) and start to feel fairly drunk after just a few drinks

Oh please you aren't small.
>6"
>173
Not even at all mate. You aren't a norweigan but you aren't like mexican small.
If you are under 150 I consider you small if you are male.

I don't know because I'm not a fucking alcoholic retard who has more than one drink.

Not in FL.
A guy I knew got a month in jail because his roommate threw a kegger where a bunch of 17 year olds got drunk. 3 of them wrapped a Jeep around a steamroller at a road work site afterwards.
He wasn't even home at the time but because he knew his roommate was having a party he was fucked too.

Where do beverages go, /sp/? Are you mad this thread bumped a super relevant, really interesting thread that hadn't been replied to in 12 hrs?

> (OP)
>I'm 23, and a fairly experienced drinker, but a lightweight. 10 shots back to back would put me in the hospital, so you're probably not a lightweight. Most people call it quits at around 3-4 shots, because getting blackout all the time isn't that fun unless you're an alcoholic.
>
>>But I honestly hadn't eaten anything in about 24 hours and was running on very little sleep.
>>I drank it all within an hour so that might have had something to do with it.
>Holy hell son, that's a good way to die. The fact that you're even writing these posts is a pretty clear indication that you can handle your liquor well enough. Your friends are just seasoned alcoholics and probably had eaten something before hand.
>23
>experienced

Yikes.....

EVERYBODY WANNA BE A BODYBUILDER

If I have been eating and drinking alot of water that night, I can drink around 5L of beer. This is in the timeframe of maybe 6-8 hours. I usually dont get blackout drunk.

Speed of drinking is more important than volume of drinking.

I can happily consume 10 shots of vodkas worth of alcohol in an evening if its well paced

Smashing 10 shots of vodka in 2 hours will make me drunk af and probably puke though

Being able to drink is just a question of speed x quantity.
Other factors like fatigue, tolerance, fullness, weight do factor into it but managing the volume of alcohol and the time in between drinks is really all there is to know how to drink. When you know how to maintain that buzzed/slightly drunk sweet spot and even drink water in between drinks to pace it properly then you've achieved the best way of consuming alcohol imo. Fuck anglo binge drinking culture.

i can't have more than 5 drinks within 2 hours and i'm an average build man. being a lightweight is cool anyway because you don't have to spend as much to get buzzed

Not that guy but the first time I had a drink was age 12, first time I got blackout drunk was 14. And that's not even mentioning the drugs.
t. Middle class bong

This. I'm basically an alcoholic and I was always the one when I was in high school to outdrink everybody. I think it's partially because I had a much higher natural tolerance, but also because I was a bit of a Chad and had to one up everyone. Wasn't a dick about it, it just kind of added to my "legend" or whatever. Used to make money in college betting people who thought they could outdrink me. Stupid shit. 10 shots isn't much to me at this point. I'll go to the bar, have 5-7 drink (all doubles or triples because my bartender is my buddy and pours me massive drinks), then head home and drink another 15-20 shots worth of bourbon. Not healthy. Trying to cut back lately though. Shit is so bad for you. Also, because I eat a lot when I drink as well. Love me some drunk cooking.

Fuck my life.

So very much this.

Doing that many shots is getting into the territory where you may end up DEAD due to alcohol poisoning.