What's the taste difference between the two?

What's the taste difference between the two?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Company
youtube.com/watch?v=h1l0vjstaD8
youtube.com/watch?v=ka2a4_jvB8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pepsi's sweeter and less carbonated

Coke has a very slight caramel flavor that pepsi doesn't have

Coke tastes better.

>pepsi less carbonated
lol

both kill

Pepsi's the more sweeter of the two. Coke is sweet, but a little more on the bitter side.

Both a near identical. The difference being Pepsi has a slight citrus element, and Coke has a slight caramel element to it.

This is the only answer. If you have to have one, coke products are the way.

Pepsi is sweeter which makes people say they prefer it after a single sip in a taste test, but more people prefer Coke when it comes to actually buying and drinking entire containers. Probably because sweetness seems like an indicator of quality when you're focusing on the taste of a single sip to try to judge it but is more something you merely believe you ought to enjoy vs. something you actually do enjoy when drinking without consciously analyzing it.
This distinction caused the "New Coke" disaster during the 80s when Coke tried to match Pepsi by coming up with a new formula that taste testers preferred to classic Coke.

Coke tastes like oranges with undertones of caramel.

Pepsi tastes like dish soap.

pepsi has a slight paint thinner taste to it

Pepsi Max gets very foamy

fun fact

the “caramel” flavor in coke that no other cola can replicate is the flavor of coca leaf (with the cocaine content removed)

heh forgot my link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Company

OMFG!
Someone inform people about this new news!

Also, dipshit, if you have ever chewed on a coca leaf you would know it is not sweet at all.
t. peruvian

Both taste like shit, Faygo cola offers the old school cola taste you remember but can't find in Coke or Pep

I’m not saying it’s new news faggot. I’m sure people don’t know this and I’m informing them. When the information came to light doesn’t matter.
And I am also not saying coca leaves are sweet. Caramel flavor is not a sweet flavor, its a rich flavor you fuck, and it’s the thing that makes coca-cola stand out from the rest of the colas as per the question in the OP you peruvian piece of shit. go play your pipes or something ingrate

In blind taste tests, people say that Pepsi has a very distinct oak flavoring; that it smells and tastes like trash; and that they get a VERY distinct poison flavor. One taste tester said: "very fucking disgusting, tastes like someone burnt rubber, shit on it and put it in my mouth."

The taste of Coke, on the other hand, was said to be instantly recognisable, with a slight hint of raspberry, aged in twelve oak barrels.

I guess you could say Pepsi is just a horse of a different cola.

Pepsi always seemed to try and position themselves as part of pop culture, they want you to think they are with it and cool and hip and influential, "we're friends with the celebs" they whisper to you

Coke, howmever, has always seemed to appeal to a sense of nostalgia, Americana, using things like Santas or bears, a sense of family and better days, "we have always been here, and your grandpa loved coke too" is what they say to you

In other words Pepsi has a chip on its shoulder as if its need to prove something, and coke is your elderly relative playing cards or wii sports at the senior center who's happy to tells you stories about that time they stole some pineapple grenades from the armory after the War ended and stuffed them into some frozen turkeys to watch explode in a field after Thanksgiving.

Yeah, Pepsi is the older relative trying to relate to you by being 'cool', while coke is the older relative that you love for not trying to do the same.

Actually no they're both poisonous sugar water.

I have gone years with only having soda pop during the odd occasions I eat out at some restaurant, diner, or fast food place. Fine enough, I feel, to treat ones self when dining out, but at home I have just kept water for the most part. Today though, after a visit from my grandmama who is an avid Pepsi drinker, she had left some tin cans of Pep in this refridgerator. So I thought to myself I will casually drink these like I used to casually drink soda pops when I was a kid. It's odd, store bought soda has an extremely distinctive chemical taste that you don't really get in the fountain variety, it tastes very artificial and chemical which is unpleasant, the thing is though.....as I get rid of these, I find myself somehow enjoying something about it, my brain says this tastes not good, and wow it leaves my mouth feeling waxy. However my body senses say "go one have another swig" as the bubbles stimulate my throat and the caffeine sends electro tingles to my brain wave.

Really odd, truly an addictive beverage, I can remember how easy it would be to become addicted to these sodas and replace your usual liquid entirely with them.

Also, they don't taste like sugar, they use corn syrup and so they do in fact taste like sweet corn

The joy of living joy of life, joy of laughing joy of sight
The joy of Pepsi in your life
The joy of freshness joy of fun the joy of Pepsi on your tongue
The greatest taste sensation under the sun

Ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba ba
The joy of cola

youtube.com/watch?v=h1l0vjstaD8

>Also, they don't taste like sugar, they use corn syrup and so they do in fact taste like sweet corn
For that old school taste test you can just get Mexican Coke and Pepsi Throwback, both of which use cane sugar in lieu of corn syrup.

>Actually no they're both poisonous sugar water.
/thread

I never grew up drinking sugary beverages like soda or even juice, so I never really acquired the taste. However, my parents drank Diet Coke, so that is sort of my comfy drink. Not Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, or anything else, only Diet Coke.

I don't drink it anymore, but I remember during exam time I would start drinking it. After a couple weeks I would stop but I would crave it; water just wouldn't do. Objectively I know it doesn't taste good, but it is satisfying and I believe growing up around it gives it a nostalgic comfort (hence why I would pick up the habit during exams).

Same thing when I used to eat a lot of fast food, like 2-3x a day for months and months. It got to the point where I'd eat it, feel shitty and almost depressed, but inevitably go back and eat it for the next meal. When I would eat healthy good food at home it just didn't do it for me, I craved the fast food. After a period of going cold turkey I lost the taste for it, and I remember being distinctly repulsed by it after these periods of fast food celibacy.

This time period was my transition from skinny to skinny fat, which started the road to being overweight. I'm 5'11" 185 lbs now and I wish I never had that unhealthy fast food period, because I finally learned that it's easy to gain weight but hard to take it off, especially when you get into your 30s and are distracted by career, family, finances.

I'm surprised I didn't turn obese with those eating habits.

do you have a cool chola grandma who teaches you recipes?

I prefer coke if I have to drink warm, but I like pepsi cold and watered down with some ice.

Aspartame is utter shit.

>Coke tastes better.
Coke tastes better.......with Alcohol.

Pepsi tastes better plain, or with vanilla flavored alcohol.

Coke usually tastes better mixed with other alcoholic beverages.

Coke Cherry, Pepsi Max Cherry or Dr. Pepper?

>peruvian
>can't read
Checks out

youtube.com/watch?v=ka2a4_jvB8k

They're both shit compared to RC Cola, The One True King

Pepsi tastes like syrup but I love it. Coke is a bit more carbonated so it has a nice sting to it, both are good for their own qualities.

Coke > Pepsi
7up > Sprite

Canned
Coke>>>>Pepsi
Fountain
Pepsi>=Coke
Bottled (Plastic)
Pepsi>>Coke

Pepsi tastes like shit. Coke is alright, but it better with cherry to be honest.

Well pepsi actually tastes good and coke doesn't

and I say that as I live down the street from atlanta

And the vibe goes right out the window

I ain't mixing 7up with my lean. I'm sure all the SoundCloud rappers here agree

coke has a spicier cola flavor. pepsi tastes like watery diet coke

enjoy your dialysis

Cherry Coke is the drink of true patricians.

>/reddit/

Good Dr. Pepper > Cherry Coke >Vanilla Coke = Coke > Pepsi >>>>Bad Dr. Pepper.

You. I like you.

pepsi tastes like every single generic watered down cola they have in the grocery store. coke at least has its own unique flavor.

Coke has a more vanilla tasting cola and Pepsi has a more citrus tasting cola, although you can't tell the difference unless you really pay attention.