yes

no

maybe

I don’t know

what is health

Can you rephrase the question?

That

doesn't matter. It's disgusting

In a moderation, it will not kill you any faster than most other over-the-counter food products.

My coffee fever is now full-blown AIDS. Not even once.

not if you kill it

>good for liver, lowers enzymes if they're too high
>lowers risk of type 2 diabetes
>lowers risk of stroke
>good source of antioxidants
yes it's healthy

Now that the children had a say in their opinion, what do the adults think?

It's overrated and too many people develop a dependency on it. Never engage in a behavior which may become a habit.

K, I’ll never brush my teeth then.

I suppose that's a good idea if you have no self-control.

Good advice. I'll stop sleeping regularly

A comment you might feel good about making if you lack self awareness.

Okay yeah guess I'll just get rid of my nightly 5th while I'm at it too, huh?

If you automatically think habit = bad, that's more telling about you than about *anything* you're talking about.

Does instant coffee have fewer health benefits? I think some of those oils and other compounds get stripped out.

it loses the benefit of tasting good

>Not enjoying coffee instant type II
Not nice

Is me being in a decent enough mood to tolerate other peoples bullshit healthy?

You're not the boss of me now

It's good for you but not for your teeth

is instant coffee healthy?

lmao look at this fag chewing his coffee

It can cause massive depression in Autistic people.

Coffee can cause massive “I don’t want to leave the house” depression in Autistic people.

Today, two hours after six cups of coffee, I felt drained of energy
Comfi desu

Accelerates heartbeat, if you already have tachycardia it can be very bad.
Irritates the stomach and intestine, which causes no damage except having to use the bathroom.
It's addictive, mind you, i personally can't go without it.

No talkie until my coffee!!

Mmmmm mmmm mmmm

Oh no no no no!

Zip it!

Has anyone ever been bothered by heartbeats

Yes, they're called heart palpitations, seemingly too fast, too hard, uneven pace.

>coffee
What? Oh, you mean my survival juice.

>you are coffee

He was last night big boi...

Coffee is fine. Coffee beans have medicinal properties outside of consumption, too.

I alternate between French Roast, Guatemalan, Sumatra, and Death Wish Coffee. Sometimes I do Cafe Bustelo in a pinch.

>have drip machine at work since I've been there
>got a Kuerig a few months ago
>quality is far worse
>office administrator orders tons of flavoured garbage, nearly 3:1 compared to regular coffee
>only orders more when supplies get low
>only some really young people and a few morbidly obese older people drink it
>it's been an entire week without actual coffee at work

its bad for your stomach. coffee addicts always develop ulcers a decade plus into their habit.
enjoy it once a week like i've started to, and every time you drink in, you'll be so laser focused on whatever you're doing, it will be better than any cup you had daily in the past.

If this were true, Finland would have an ulcer epidemic

it's better to just try different things all the time, keep a list of which ones you enjoyed, and then never do those things again because you might get addicted

If you already have heart condition coffee will trigger symptoms.

>Death Wish Coffee. Sometimes I do Cafe Bustelo in a pinch.
groce

(unless you sugar the shit out of it like the Cubans do, in which case the whole health thing starts to be more of an issue.).

I was raised on Cafe Bustelo. Father had a really nice espresso maker, and I started drinking it with him around 10 years old. I know it's shit compared to other things, but the nostalgia makes it worthwhile.

ah that's fair. thought the real OG way to make bustelo was in a moka pot?

(I've tried it thataway, and in an aeropress too, and it certainly packs a wallop)

I'm unfortunately stuck using a drip pot myself. It isn't as strong as when my father made it. Looking into a moka pot, but might grab an aeropress since I've heard great things about them.

I can't imagine it is, i feel like caffeine is terrible for you. I just feel dehydrated af when i drink it

I liked the coffee from my aeropress (and it's probably the best travel/camping coffee maker you can get) but was worried about turning my frogs gay. Very fond of the Moka pot, but it took me some fiddling to get the right grind size/bean quantity, especially with the stainless steel one--my dad's old aluminum job seems to be less sensitive to that stuff.

>I can't imagine it is
well I guess you better get your noggin joggin and start imagining: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee#Mortality

>putting blind faith in le science
You'll find a more receptive audience over at Reddit, bud

got dangit corbin do your homework

This is the gayest thing I've read on here in awhile. Literally kill yourself

Really? Do tell.

cutting my regular breakfast, lunch, and dinner habit right now as we speak wtf

Anybody into Coldbrew? My mom bought me a coldbrew pitcher and I just ordered some beans. Excited to try it out as I've been paying for coldbrew and heavy cream.

I've made it exactly once, a coldbrew brewing pitcher is a good investment because using filters and bowls is a huge pain in the ass. it's fucking good, just be aware that it might come out extra strong and need to be weakened so it doesn't make your heart explode.

yeah i've had it at starbucks and a few local coffee shops and it's one of the only caffeinated beverage that can actually make me feel like i'm tweaking. it'll be interesting experimenting with my own and seeing how strong it turns out and how much to dilute it.

I bought a set my first time that told me to brew the whole 12 ounce bag in two quarts of water, dilute it by 1:1 with water at first, then down to personal preference. But a glass of that made my fucking chest hurt at 1:1, so even that might be too strong.

Yes palpations are extremely uncomfortable and quite worrying if you are an anxious fella like me

new study said coffee causes cancer so no
I like to drink cocoa powder.

>drinking coffee more than once a day
>drinking coffee in the morning instead of after lunch
>drinking coffee with creamers or sugar
>drinking coffee without following it up with water

>lol
>lol
>yeah agree
>people do this?

Caffeine elevates blood pressure for hours after being taken.

I only drink a cold dilute coffee drink with my meals. The bitterness helps clear my palate.

Maybe no more than twice a day. After lunch coffees are a godsend. Water isn't really necessary unless you aren't hydrated beforehand.

Can you repeat the question?

I don't care, I drink it anyway.

A couple of cups a day is healthy. Too much is not.

Heres how it works: Once your brain learns to associate the feeling it gives you with the taste and smell it starts to taste REALLY GOOD. Noobs do not understand this.
Unfortunately I had to quit the stuff because it exacerbated by acid reflux/heartburn condition.
Feels good to just wake up shower and be ready without needing coffee.

I've drank a lot of coffee but I've never gotten the "need" for it. I love having a cup of coffee in the morning but if Ifor some reason can't, it doesn't bother me. Some days I just forget to drink coffee.

You must be 18 to post here

cold-brewed is top tier
>67 percent less acidic than hot-brewed
>naturally sweeter
>easy to make at home

You're right, everything that's popular is overrated and we should all just stop using the internet because it's become a habit

Coffee is extremely healthy

If you're using the internet habitually you probably should stop using it, actually. It would be best to only use it when you have an actual need.

Yet here we are posting on Veeky Forums.

AAAAA THOSE ARE THE WRONG BEANS!

most stuff is fine
>in moderation

it helps me poop

>healthy

>Implying that's coffee

sounds like a benefit to me
bring in a french press or something
cold brew is great, but I tend to use about a knucklefull of coffee and the rest water in a regular mug. About as strong as regular pour-over but far less acidic
>posting a dessert and calling it coffee
why not just post some fucking tiramisu and call that coffee too?

Dr. Greger says it's marginally beneficial, but only when black. Coffee is a missed opportunity for green tea :-)

OP said coffee. Not milkshake.

What's so special about what this Dr. Greger says?

I suppose if you drink it black, it's probably neither healthy or unhealthy.

He backs up everything with cherry picked sources :-)

this

>Never engage in a behavior which may become a habit.

okay I stopped bathing, brushing my teeth, exercising and have started holding my shits.

anything else, Dr.?

Perhaps learn the difference between habit and routine?

It can make you piss out too much sodium if you're in the habit of not eating much added salt. I had muscle cramps when I was drinking coffee and not bothering to salt my food.

that sounds like a moslem/eastern med way of doing it

Coffee is good if it's light roasted, freshly roasted, and filtered.

nothing is healthy. nothing is unhealthy. radiation in small amounts can kill cancer cells. water in lage quantities can stop your heart. all foods are healthier or less healthy in relation to another food or another dosage of the food, in single dimensions. kale is not more healthy than a cheeseburger. you can die from eating only kale. cheeseburgers will take longer to kill you. coffee: probably has some benefits in small quantities. the oil definitely gets rancid, so fresh coffee is better. just try to at lest read labels and read books on food and herbs.