Since according to memes we're not supposed to use Soylent, what's the correct minimalist approach to nutrition...

Since according to memes we're not supposed to use Soylent, what's the correct minimalist approach to nutrition? Is it just a different brand shake like Boost, or maybe that Plumpy'Nut that they give to starving third world children? Or military rations? Dried astronaut food?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eponym
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propranolol
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/lol
britannica.com/science/spirulina
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Food should be the one thing you shouldn't minimalize.

Just eat whatever you want user. What the fuck is the point of a "minimalist approach?"

>minimalist food
why do dumb nerds want this?

I used to work for a guy who hated eating. Said it was a waste of time. He'd always grab expensive take-out though so idk what his deal was.

>What the fuck is the point of a "minimalist approach?"
I don't really enjoy foods in general, so the point is to minimalize what I have to eat while still getting nutrition.

eat food

>Said it was a waste of time.
>He'd always grab expensive take-out though so idk what his deal was.
I don't understand why you think those two things contradict each other. If you don't want to waste time on food wouldn't it make sense to pay extra money for quick takeout?

Microwaved potatoes and greek yogurt. Snack on some nuts.

Eat freeze-dried ice cream and beef jerky. Your grain will be massive.

>living according to meme

Water + bread.

If I have to eat food I'd at least like to determine the human equivalent to dog food, where you just buy a big sack of the same full nutritional profile pellet substance once every month or so.

I think you legit have autism. I'm not trying to be an ass, do you? I heard autistic people sometimes have weird taste aversions and that's partly why they like they don't have much variety in what they eat.

there is a reason it was invented by a software engineer, they are on the spectrum

I don't have autism. I've had sex, got through public school and university for a bachelor's degree fine, and am self-sufficient, making decent money at a job I've had for the past nine years i.e. I don't live with my parents either.
I like to relax / sleep in my free time, but if I act on the urge to go to sleep whenever I get the chance then I'll end up missing meals, becoming malnourished, and feeling like shit after a couple days. And at best food is something that doesn't taste bad, but isn't anything I get excitement or entertainment out of. It's more like "OK, this hamburger isn't bad." It's not like it's a recreational drug. And not anything I would miss if I ended up subsisting off of some simplified nutritional food or beverage for the rest of my life.

This shit is called Huel. It's as close as you're going to get to human dog food. Contains all the pretty much all you need to live and doesn't contain soy.

Do you know what autism is? Having/doing that shit doesn't disqualify you from having autism. In fact, with this response, I think you should get tested.

Nothing I write is going to convince you I don't have autism, so fuck off you autist.

Wasn't even the guy you were replying too.
>n-no u
Yep, autism.

Didn't make any claim you were, rainman.

yeah but you really have to consider that ur mom gay

I see. You don't have to treat food as a recreational drug to appreciate food though, and food is somewhat ingrained in our social lives. People go out and eat with friends, have dinner parties, all that kind of shit.

IDK, if food is such a hassle and you want to avoid the soylent crap, your best bet is to honestly just eat basic foods. Potatoes aren't a bad option if you're not diabetic or anything like that, so is peanut butter or any type of nut butter, greek yogurt, maybe get a slow-cooker and add some meat, beans, and vegetables, maybe cook some rice as well. That'll give you some meals you can just take out and put in the microwave on days you're really busy.

Don't bother with all this minimalist crap. You'll still save some time vs. making more elaborate dishes and it'll be healthier compared to these minimalist meals.

That being said I have no idea if this stuff is actually good for you. I assume it must at least kind of work though. I feel as though Veeky Forums might be able to help you out better than Veeky Forums can. We're more about making (or buying it from fucking McDonald's) food than replacing it.

join the club

Why a baseball?

There are only so many baseball teams with words in them that could be easily photoshopped into "soy." You probably could've thought about this for a minute and realized the original said "Sox Boys."

boreball is for faggots.

I don't like baseball either, user. But I'm still aware of the existence of teams like the Red Sox.

>sox boys
Even Worse

Soylent is overpriced luxury food. Google "Stiegler Diet" If you want to go full minimalist

I have this problem. If I don't make myself cook, I can barely be bothered to eat (let alone eat healthily).

>I don't really enjoy foods in general

I think you've got actual brain problems, see a neurologist and get a PET scan immediately.

Would have been more plausible as people actually identifying with "soy boy" if they didn't leave the baseball in there, that was a really obvious clue for limiting the universe of likely pre-photoshop source material.

soy ball is for fags, its not even considered an olympic sport

I'm clean as far as the brain goes. I had a mild hand tremor when I played guitar in public back in high school. They gave me a brain scan just to be sure I didn't have any actual neurological problems, and I didn't, was just given the essential tremor diagnosis which literally means "no brain problems but shaky hands sometimes," plus an inderal prescription (beta blocker that makes your hands less shaky, I think by lowering your pulse and making you less prone to adrenaline release).

Yea, i second this.

It's not so bad actually.

Beta blockers work, shockingly, via antagonism of beta-adrenergic receptors.

>inderal
The US healthcare industry has an obsession with brand names (which should be capitalised, by the way). I'm assuming this actually means 'propranolol'.

how about you become a human being and stop falling for minimalist "nutrition"

>Beta blockers work, shockingly, via antagonism of beta-adrenergic receptors.
Do you understand what andrenergic means? See:
>making you less prone to adrenaline release
Also
>obsession with brand names
>which should be capitalised, by the way
Seriously? Using brand names to refer to products is pretty fucking common e.g. xerox, kleenex, coke. And it's an anime website, I don't need to capitalize shit.

How am I "falling" for not getting much pleasure from food and looking into ways to get nutrition in simple and direct ways?
Did you consciously choose to start loving food or something? You're making a non-choice seem like a choice.

What's it taste like? I'm trying to find something so that I don't just eat out of boredom on some days. Does it fill you up?

Just eat potatoes, bananas, lentils, and whatever in season/on sale greens and you'll be golden

Not that user but it's just weird to me. Enjoying food is an almost universal thing kind of like enjoying music. I find people who don't like music at all strange desu, but it doesn't make you any less of a human. I'm sure some people would find me strange for not really caring for movies.

Also you're not even really right about the capitalization point.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eponym
>The Chicago Manual of Style, in its section "Words derived from proper names",[14] gives some examples of both lowercase and capitalized stylings, including a few terms styled both ways, and says, "Authors and editors must decide for themselves, but whatever choice is made should be followed consistently throughout a work."
Words derived from proper names like coke or kleenex can be written in lowercase because you're using brand as shorthand for common nouns.
Not that it matters in the first place since nobody who actually studies linguistics is a prescriptivist anymore, believing language is some clearly defined collection of absolute rules and not just the ongoing product of however people use it in real life is a view more popular with uneducated pseuds.

It's like finely blended oatmeal by consistency and flavor. You are expected to add some flavoring to make it "exciting" for yourself. Their website suggests some recipes (adding berries, coffee, turmeric or some other things).

I mostly use it instead of lighter/faster meals - breakfast or lunch. Otherwise it would require a lot of it.

so you come to Veeky Forums

Eating food is universal, enjoyment is a variable preference. Some people obviously enjoy food in general way too much for example like the ones who end up weighing 800 lb and unable to leave their house until they die and someone has to excavate them onto a crane to get them relocated to their supersized burial site.

Because the topic is food. Don't act like this isn't the board for food just because I'm not posting about how great sushi is or whatever other anons are posting right now.

Hi, fatso. Please learn a bit of self control for your own good.

You have a point, but most people have at least some sort of preference rather than not having any kind of preference at all. Someone might not like food but bland food, but they still get some enjoyment out of it. Some people might not like most types of music, but there might be one genera of music that they'll listen to.

Those superobese people are a different story though. There is some enjoyment, like a drug addict and their drug of choice, but it's a form of self-medication for their shitty lives and how bad they feel about themselves. While it offers a temporary reprieve from their shitty feelings, it just leaves them feeling worse-off afterwards, digging them further into this vicious cycle of addiction.

If OP is worried about soy messing up with his hormones (which I don't think is a big deal unless you consume a lot of soy), flaxseed is even worse.

>rapeseed
Is this a Monsanto product?

He should also stay away from asbestos - look for packages with "asbestos-free" mark.

But that's not how beta-blockers work, user. Only alpha-2 adrenergic receptors control adrenaline release; beta-blockers just antagonise beta receptors.

The problem with brand names is that they are not logically named, as well as that one brand name may refer to more than one drug.

>stay away from asbestos
Are you trying to get him killed in a fire?

What are you on about? I don't think anything is stored in any asbestos related materials anymore. I don't think even China does this shit.

but why would he spend so much money on something he doesnt even like doing?

I prescribe this stuff, dude. Brand names are capitalised.

Unacknowledged by all 700 numales in this thread, this is the answer, unequivocally.

>that's not how beta-blockers work
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propranolol
>Propranolol is a non-selective beta blocker; that is, it blocks the action of epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline) at both β1- and β2-adrenergic receptors.
>It blocks the action of epinephrine (adrenaline)
Fuck off honestly.

Are you fucking retarded? How is eating what I want to eat a problem? I didn't tell him to gorge himself.

There isn't one universally agreed on style. That's the point. If you're using Chicago Manual of Style you're free to choose whether or not to capitalize a noun derived from a brand name.

Curious, does Chicago style make a bunch of pointless changes every year like AP does?

>but why would he spend so much money on something he doesnt even like doing?
Because he's paying for the product of not having to spend lots of time on something he doesn't like doing. How is that not obvious? It costs extra money to pay for any hassle avoiding service.
Would you think it was weird if someone who didn't enjoy cleaning hired a maid to clean his house for him?

This is close to a good idea. Cook rice and lentils in a rice cooker. Saute some garlic, onion and cabbage in a pan with a healthy oil. Have some occasional cheese/eggs/fish and you're good.

/liftwaffle/ here.. look all those low tone faggots!

Maybe, that goes back to the linguistic descriptionist vs. prescriptivist point ultimately. Which is that when it comes to studying linguistics formally the people who actually research this stuff tend to recognize language is just whatever people do with language in real life over time. You can see this with dictionaries today for example which will often go out of their way to throw in relatively recent informal jargon e.g.
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/lol

Look into spirulina and bee pollin.
Multi vitamin
Mix up your ruffage carbs and protiens.
Oatmeal is filling and healthy.
Turkey chicken fish hummus tofu
Garlic
Ginger
Onion
Black pepper.
Water
Water
Water
Bone broth
Beets

Dont rely completly on liquid diet as your digestive syatem will acclimate. And going beyond liquid or doing too much might give you leakey gut , ibs, or crohns. You'll have a "vegan gut" but worse.
Kinda like if you pop tums habitually your probably gonna give yourself heartburn or reflux.

>spirulina
britannica.com/science/spirulina
>Spirulina, Any cyanobacteria in the genus Spirulina.
That's actually really neat, I didn't even know bacteria could take up enough space to form a large macroscopic object like that.

Spirulina is good shit but kind of pricey. I'd like to get a fish tank and try to grow my own though.

>vegan
lmao try sustaining muscle on that garbage

but the post said it was expensive takeout, implying that it was particularly expensive and that there were cheaper alternatives. if he didnt enjoy eating and wanted something fast, why didnt he get cheap take out instead of expensive take out?

Fucking Sceak

I usually buy a larger quantity of mushroom, bacon, yam/potato, broccoli and aspharagus together with some other roots and pepper. Then I just slice and dice it with some oil and let it sit in the oven for 30 minutes or portion it in bags for later. It's really nice with most kinds of sauce if you are picky. Like bearnaise.

Would smash Guy on top and bottom

Why are you interpreting a lack of enjoyment for food as meaning all foods were equally unpleasant for him to eat?
You don't need to enjoy food for taco bell to give you stomach cramps and diarrhea compared to a more expensive takeout place giving you less trouble.
Also "expensive takeout" doesn't necessarily imply it was expensive compared to other forms of takeout. It could've just meant to refer to how takeout in general is expensive compared to non-takeout.

All these city soyboys trying to shave as many seconds off their life as possible, just so they can codemonkey longer.

I'm not worried about wasting time, I just don't like food much.

Codemonkey slaves is the main target market of Soylent. Many of them are also Lesswrong devotees who believe in "poly"

>correct minimalist approach to nutrition
no such thing
fpbp

>minimalist
>no such thing
>Beans and rice are equally as elaborate as a 10 course meal service à la française
Retard.

>All these city soyboys trying to shave as many seconds off their life as possible, just so they can codemonkey longer.
kek progress amirite

What is poly? Anyway I don't think saving time is anyone's sole motivation for simpler ways to meet nutrition, it's more a matter of chore avoidance. Realistically nobody is going to accomplish a lot more with an extra ten minutes back, saving time is probably just a less contentious way of explaining you think food is a chore.

>live in a time where you can eat spices, ingredients, and recipes from all over the planet for cheap, and when fresh produce and meat is available year-round
>hurrrr cooking is hard and I'm too busy, I need a glorified protein shake

It's just food, user. It's basically a shit tier drug that makes you feel a very mild high. If you really want to be a hedonist that badly there are much better highs than that.

this almost seems like a good idea... what if instead I made fried rice but with the rice + lentil combo shown here?

>It's just what you are literally composed of and require to function
You can be a soyboy or you can be a man. The choice is yours.

Defecation is biologically required too, that doesn't mean it's admirable if you spend lots of time indulging in it.

>Retard.
A poorfag approach to nutrition is not a "minimalist" approach to nutrition.

Minimal just means doing the least while still accomplishing your task. It is absolutely retarded to say there aren't relatively more involved and relatively less involved methods for getting nutritional needs met.

>you live in a time of such opulence there are entire industries dedicated to eating less food

we live in a world of miracles, when you're feeling down never forget that

A slave obeys, a man chooses to take shit

Terrible analogy. A more apt one would be championing faster and more efficient vacuum pumps that suck your shit out versus shitting like a normal person.

If you think the collective nutritional research, let alone some random guy with an undergrad in business or whatever, has elucidated human nutritional requirements you are retarded.

I'll stick to what millions of years of evolution have honed, instead of an urban soyboy perspective on nutrition and healthy living.

You choose when to take a shit, not whether.
It's a perfect analogy. You're trying to make a religious experience out of shit instead of just defecating and flushing. Except "waka waka muh nature know best" so I guess you don't even use toilets and live in India.

>You're trying to make a religious experience out of shit
Eating a healthy, diverse diet =/= trying to recreate a religious experience.

>Except "waka waka muh nature know best" so I guess you don't even use toilets and live in India.
Find me peer-review evidence showing a diet based on soy protein shakes and multivitamins is better than a diverse diet.

Food is one of few carnal pleasures i life, trying to eat minimally is like giving up sex in favor of 2 min wanks