Why do people pretend to like seafood?

why do people pretend to like seafood?

I love seafood but refuse to eat it because chinks, gooks and jews fucked the oceans.

Remember a year or 2 ago when the hot meme was
>Why do girls/women pretend to like [____]
I liked that meme

quality content

I hate seafood with every fiber of my being, and if I could I would legitimately kill every fish in the ocean so I never had to smell the disgusting stench of fish cooking ever again. Seafood is only eaten by people without access to beef and poultry, anyone else who eats it is just a hipster.

seafood > meat

preach

God tier:
Lobster
Shrimp
Crab

Garbage tier:
Everything else

Sea creatures are basically aliens in how they function. Always seems weird to be eating them. I'm good with fish because it's so prevalent probably but mostly duck everything else

You niggers must be from a flyover

This would eventually kill all life on Earth, dummy. We'll never let you be king.

>2018
>eating sea roaches
no thx.

I remember that! Except it wasn't funny.

deenz, muscles, kippers, shrimp, sushi and anchovies are amazing. Lobster and oysters are alright. Clams are pretty terrible.

Yes huh

Seafood is generally overpriced relative to flavor, but its not bad by any means

i say most of seafood could be amazing if you get super high quality things and fuss about making it right. But if you get inferior scraps and while cooking miss a mark by a min, all of it becomes RUBBERY or MUSHY CRAP.

this guy knows. though haddock and wild salmon are pretty decent too, in my opinion

What about baby octopus, tuna steak, razor clams, caviar, sea urchin(!!!!!), salted herring, smoked salmon, oysters.

If something, CRAB and LOBSTER is a complete waste of your effort and money.

This is a shitty thread, but it's legitimately the tastiest food that exists, and I always wonder if people that don't like it just think it's "gross" because someone told them to, only have access to microwaved shit that was shipped over days/weeks, or it's one of those things like cilantro, where the taste is just dependent on your genetics.

I could skip all other meats & poultry for all time if I was guaranteed fresh seafood.

Where are you from?

>I could skip all other meats & poultry for all time if I was guaranteed fresh seafood.
Pretty much this.

Vegas, but we get pretty fresh stuff here thanks to the nature of the market.

I spend a lot of time in LA and San Diego too.

I love a good salmon but I’ll agree that most seafood is kinda weird

I used to think seafood was weird, then I just started eating it and realized it was delicious. It's still fucking weird though, I'll give you that. but I'd take good seafood over the other varieties of meat most days

I was wondering if local culture somehow influenced you. But it looks like you were exposed to good quality things. Good for you.

I hated fish for half of my life because my early memories of it were just horrendous - stinky and tasteless creatures with dead unblinking eyes.

Because, for some people, when they SEE food they eat it!

Worked on a lobster boat all through high school and some college. Have yet to eat one of those fucking cockroaches since (they literally eat decaying shit). One got the crusher claw around half my hand one day and my boss had to stamp the fucking thing into mush to get it off. Docked my pay for it too

Will eat shellfish and whitefish all day though. Fresh oysters are the patrician’s choice

Fun fact: the biggest lobsters by far were from baiting traps near the boston/quincy sewer outlets

Seafood is so fucking good, I never realized how many people are such pussies.

>local joe's crab shack closed down
>red lobster crab tastes like shit
kill me lads

If you live in a hole like that, you should stage your suicide, change your name to Lucy and blow your way to some half decent town.

POINT AND LAUGH

That’s not accurate at all. All life that exists on land evolved from life in the oceans.

>not enjoying octopus or fresh sashimi
I would an hero if I was as miserable as you user.

>forgetting octopus and mussels

Yeah, as a kid, Vegas wasn't necessarily the best yet, but it's evolved into a great culinary destination. Lobster tails in the 80s were shipped out in trucks and took 4 days to get here in 100 degree weather, but as the city evolved, you'll get fresher seafood than a restaurant on the water.

It also helped that I spent my summers in the Gulf Coast of Florida - my grandfather taught me to crab fish and prepare it, my cousin used to live in the LA bayou and does a better crawfish boil than anyone ever...

That's exclusive of my experiences on islands, or even just eating awesomely oily tinned fish.

this, fuck sushi shilling weebs and lobsterfags

It's exciting to me 'cause I've lived in Utah all my life.

I think the novelty and scarcity tricks my brain into thinking it's better than it is.

Yeah I worded that really badly I just meant figuratively

STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING - we forgot to mention EEL!!!!!!!!!

Fabulous eel, in bbq sauce or in a pie

fried oysters are my favorite food

Admit it. You are in it for the thrill of Russian roulette - will you get sick or wouldn't you get sick. Danger is your middle name.

enjoy your soy milshakes fag

Lots of low test faggots in this containment thread.

>momma’s fatty bois couldn’t eat seafood their entire life cuz it smelled too fishy and is not like their tendies
Veeky Forums nowadays...

Enjoy your literal shit.

> he doesnt have a gf who goes tuna fishing in alaska who brings back icechests full of steaks

Sad! Many such cases!

You should literally kill yourselves. Your idea of what food is has been so fucked by growing up in shitty middle america that you have no real palate. It’s a sad empty existence you lead.

never been a huge fan. although i can tolerate it it is never my go-to choice

love it battered and fried ala fish and chips, can stand it barbecued and/or heavily seasoned. get dat fishy slimy shit da FUCK away from me tho

Americans are pod people. Just feed these fucking creatures gruel and work them until they die. They're like slaves only less valuable. Garbage people who should be used.

I like salty cheese and fried things but there is other satisfying food out there that is truly great. It’s like these people have a weird relationship with an abusive spouse that they grow hyper-dependent on so even though its hurting them they can’t leave.

TRY DIFFERENT FOOD.

Veeky Forums is basically an opioid addict forum these days

what i dont understand is how the fuck people eat seafood even when it smells like a rotten cunt.

is it like cilantro where only certain people just cant stand it at all?

your samefagging is legitimately childish

If seafood smells bad, that means it has gone bad. Fresh seafood should not have a particularly strong smell.

Trips: checked
Also you're a huge fucking flaming queer, have fun eating your kid cuisine and instant mac&cheese you picky piece of shit

British-style fish&chips is breddy gud I gotta admit. Of course, it's one of the few good things I can think of when that miserable rain and fog blasted island enters my mind.

>tfw fish is so disgusting you cant even smell it yet crustaceans and clams are culinary gifts of the gods

>picky little manbabies
>getting to judge anyone else for their tastes
just stick to mommy's tendies

>he doesnt have a gf
Yeah I know. No need to remind me.

You’re American aren’t you

You missed oysters, therefore your entire opinion means nothing.

Ahhh sea food eat food, that's what I always say.

But all jokes aside fellas, seafood is fuckin weird I tells ya, fish are ugly fat lipped flapping flailers, really ugly mugs on them bastiches, but still we eat them? I guess they don't taste so bad but kinda like poultry only soaked in stinky water heh, appealing to some I guess

As for the walkers, you know, those abominable slobster crustaeceans and crab kooks, shrimpy craw daddies and cray "fish", these variety of sea freak are interestin' because they actually look like freaking BUGS, but the thing is, they have real meat...real solid hunky meat, blows yer wig, and actually tastes kinda good too though you're still not sure, everytime I shove some into my pie hole and munch away it's an odd combo of pleasure and "hmmm, I guess....this does taste good....huh, but wait, does it? Hmmm....I guess it does" very odd stuff, almost like the body is naturally adverse to eating these demons ov hell.

Now, as for the shell gang, you know those spineless literally aliens called cloysters, muscles, and CLAMS, yeah no way, no way in H E double hokey sticks, they smell like rot and chum scum and they are disturbing to even call "meat" what with their jelly like bodies some "people" slurp down like snot rockets, yeah but no.

Aren't shrimps basically sea cockroaches? I can imagine a cockroach to taste similarly to shrimp . People think it's disgusting to eat roaches but don't hesitate to down some shrimp

Roaches are an exo skeleton full of fluid, their insides are only lime green/yellow fluid

They have no meat source like shrimps do

Wrong. I sprayed a cockroach with WD-40 and its "meat" was forced out of its shell. Pretty funny desu~

scallops bro
don't forget abalone either

seafood is great but there's like a 30 minute window after it comes out of the ocean and is dead in which you need to eat it. if it's ever been frozen or put on ice for over an hour, no thanks.

sea cockroaches

Don't eat this

they might be underwater alien cockroaches but god damn they're delicious

Don't eat this either

And don't eat this

Dunno, why you pretend you don't suck dick?

Fish is not seafood

the same way people pretend to like black people or jewish people
you just accept it and smile or else you're a racist anti-semite oceanophobe

Traps are not gay

no one pretends, shrimps especially are godtier, however lobster and oysters are overrated.

absolute garbage tier: mussels

Wow what a loser

Your tastes are garbage and it's shrimp that are overrated you DUMMY

Sashimi doesn't taste good. They slice the cuts too thick to be enjoyable.

mussels are cheap as fuck tho, and if you live near an ocean you can walk out to a pier or dock and just grab them for free. good with tomato/garlic/white wine sauce and some bread

Fried mussels

they taste like overrated rubber even with white sauce

You mean people who are not poor?

If you hate the smell of fish tell your whore to clean herself up.

Holy shit, even i wouldn't pay that much for white fish

I used to think seafood like Uni tasted like diahhreah. Then I tried some fresh uni in Japan at Sukiji market... it was like I was eating something completely different. No fishyness. No stink. Tasted like nothing I've had before and blew my mind.

Seafood quality / freshness is way more important than other foods.

>.."said Nigel, right before he got raided for not paying his TV license fee and arrested, where he was then sent to a gaol with British Muslims who were allowed to rape him (but not during prayer) because it is quintessentially British and part and parcel of living in Britain

We usually get chilean seabass here for $25 a pound. Still expensive, but not compared to a dry aged steak, and I'd put good seabass up against a good steak any day.

>Americans are bad people..they're like slaves only less productive

Agreed.

Shouldn't it read "Chili and Sea Bass"?

i pay about $3 for that tuna steak on the left
it pays to live near a fishing town

well prepared seafood does not smell or taste of fish.

Go eat at Market Street, ill cook you a fucking cioppino

One who is civilized does not taint their palette with the creeping ungodly denizens of the murky stinking abyss.

If you eat abominations, you shall be one as well.

I am convinced that the predominant reason for people not liking seafood is that they live far from any water source and depend entirely on frozen shit trucked in from miles away
Living in a state renowned for it's seafood and having caught a great deal of crabs and fish myself, I posit that appreciation for seafood is tied directly to proximity to water bodies from which the fish/shellfish are caught.
flyovers literally have never had quality seafood and should not be punished for it, instead should be encouraged to travel and try seafood again before condemning it completely

That's like saying if you live close to a toilet you should eat shit and drink piss