How the fuck do i make good fried rice?Or at least something semi-similar to a good chink place rice...

How the fuck do i make good fried rice?Or at least something semi-similar to a good chink place rice, i have a bag of rice, some veggies and some pork meat leftovers that i wanna use, but i dont have a wok.Can i do it in a regular pan?
I usually just boil the rice when im cooking it with some broth, then add veggies, meat, etc and bake it in the oven and its pretty good, but i wanna try making some fried rice now.Pls advice

Other urls found in this thread:

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chinese-fried-rice-38748
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Use old rice, make rice then put it in the fridge overnight.

do i just boil some rice, let it stay in the fridge for a night and then fry it?

>thinly slice carrot rounds (better than squares imo)
>mince 2 cloves garlic
>beat 2/3 eggs together in bowl

>day old rice, preferably jasmine
>quite a lot of neutral oil
>highest heat, so not a teflon pan, preferably a wok
>fry your meat/tofu, remove, meat flavours oil
>fry your carrot until soft & browning, carrot flavours oil
>add minced garlic
>add rice straight away
>you should use enough oil to visibly coat the rice, but the end product should not be oily, balancing the oil amount (more than you'd think, but too much is worse than not enough) is one of the secret
>fry, constantly moving and breaking up, until the rice changes colour a bit
>do not use too much rice or too much anything/ overcrowd the pan/wok
>season with light soy sauce, salt and sugar
>move rice to one side of pan
>add more oil to empty space
>pour egg in there, scramble, and mix through rice when it's cooked
>add frozen peas
>cook until frozen peas are soft
>add meat/tofu back in
>season with sesame oil, taste, and add more soy/salt/sugar to taste

Yes

use day old rice

if you're having meat, cook that first and set it aside
then fry an onion, red pepper, add some garlic and ginger once they're nice and done, then add in some beaten eggs to your veggies and keep them nice and scrambled and broken up

put your meat back in, then incorporate your rice and give it a good stir, and add some soy sauce and just mix it around til it's all nice and dark
you can also add sesame oil too at this stage (and peas)

once it's done, check for seasoning (salt, pepper) and just make sure it's all cooked through

I'm indian and all I have is basmati. Does that work well for fried rice?

it works fine, the kind of rice that you're using isn't really important

Sticky rice doesn't work. It' gets all fucked up into clumps.

Day old white rice
Really fucking hot pan
Tons of MSG

yes, but that's painfully obvious so obviously nobody's going to use that for fried rice

Can I use basmati or brown rice for frying, those are the only ones i have

What oil do you use for frying rice, i only have olive oil, sunflower oil and lard at home, i presume EVOO is shit for thst, but what about the other two?

Do you nerds put anything in your rice when boiling it, or just salted water?

I use a rice cooker, and I usually mix the spices in and let it boil into the rice. But to be fair when I say I use a rice cooker, I mean I haven't eaten anything without rice in almost 8 months. I'm not really much of a chef.

wouldnt it be better to put all the spices and shiet on the next day when you are frying your rice?

I usually don't fry my rice if we're being honest. I usually just cook my rice, beans and vegetables in the rice cooker and then throw some ground beef.

I don't know, sounds like that user was speaking from experience.

soy sauce
people always forget to add the soy sauce

I like to use some sesame oil and fish sauce too.

stop being a wigger

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chinese-fried-rice-38748

I have yet to be disappointed in anything I've learned from that website.

Pan, nice and hot...

I learned from an old Hong Kong cook... the secret ingredient is sherry. A tablespoon or two. (Some of the true great Chinese restaurants on the East Coast still add it. West coast fried rice is shit just coated with oyster sauce...).

a little bit of oil in the bottom of the pot. I also stir in the pepper.

Shaoxing wine, you fucking knob.

Make itblike you usually do but add in sweet soy and regular soy sauce
Makes a huge difference

Yes, those are fine. Use both if you like.

I use peanut oil, of those you have, sunflower is best.

I thought people were supposed to know how to cook on this board.

Since Hong Kong was leased from China by England, Sherry is an authentic addition...

Sherry is spanish, dumbo

Yes, but if you traveled you would comprehend the great affinity the British had for sherry...

He called you a 'knob'; he's probably British.

Boil some rice, put in pan with oil, some veggies and meat, fry it, pour spices and soy sauce.
Its not rocket science, literally one of the easiest meals to do, dunno why you nerds are having problems

Nice instructions user. I probably didn't use enough oil, but a little rice seasoning on top and this tastes fucking great. 10/10 would make more food via your instruction in the future.

Dont put peas and corn in it

I'd go with the lard

Should have added an egg

Why would you bake it in the oven? It's pretty simple to make user. Long grain rice, rinsed until the water runs clear and then cooked in salted water. Then left overnight in the fridge to remove moisture.

The rest depends entirely on your ingredients, and whether or not you're cooking golden fried rice or just egg fried. With egg fried you want to cook the egg first and then remove it from the pan, to add back towards the end of cooking. Just make a typical plain omelette, seasoned only with salt and pepper, and then break it up.

With golden fried you have to add whisked egg yolk only to your rice, and at a certain stage of cooking. Usually after your rice has been added and comes up to temperature.

You also want to use a wok and have it at extremely high temperature, so everything cooks quickly and becomes almost caramelized.

If you're using meat, then you'll want to cook that beforehand. Or if you're using vegetables that require long amounts of cooking time, then you're best par-boiling/steaming or par-sauteing them beforehand as well.

You'll definitely want to cook onions first, and until slightly golden, you'll want to add garlic 30 seconds before adding the rice to prevent burning. You should also be cooking in vegetable oil.

You'll want to season your rice with soy sauce, pepper and MSG if you want to go really authentic. Some places even add a pinch of sugar.

Lastly you'll want to finish with chopped scallions/green onions and toasted sesame oil to season.

That's about it, it's pretty simple.

I made beef lo mein today and it was soo damn good.

Way better then any take out lo mein ive had.

I really wanna try cooking fried rice, but im afraid i dont have a wok and only shitty tefal non-stick pans.Should I even bother trying?

if you don't have a gas stove or other fire to cook with is good fried rice basically impossible?

hmmmmmm. no sweetie.

>take rice
>dredge in flour
>dredge in buttermilk/egg mixture
>dredge back in flour or breadcrumbs
>deep fry until golden
the same way you fry anything you massive fucking retard

well, thats disappointing

i do mine in cast iron
Comes out just fine

for best result, put 1-2 chicken or veggie stocks while boiling your rice

You just gotta let it cool
Freezer for 10 min is enough

Then you gotta break it up so NO clumps.
Don't use a ton of heat at first, I like to clear corner of pan and boil down soy sauce in the open corner to reduce.
Stir all in together, veggies and shit and eggs what you want.
Careful with raw egg in the rice, it cooks fine but if you mix it too much before it sticks it will just clump up in not amazing way.

This was most important tip for me to know long ago when I was learning..

Don't look bad, lil pale though. I would use more soy myself.

Amen just lil more cleanup is all.
Wok is not great shape for most home stoves to heat well anyways. If you have electric, wok is almost useless.

yeah, but i dont have a cast iron either..
as i said, only shitty non-stick pans
gonna try anyway, hope it works out decently enough

what herbs and spices are the best for fried rice?

Parsley but not too much

garlic, minced dried chili

to add to this, try not to fuck with the rice too much with a spatula. Doing this can cause the rice to break up and you'll get gloopy rice, not very good.

>bake
>fried rice
>fried

Oh look, it's this stupid fucking thread again.

There is egg in it.

can you freeze that?

solid advice there. ate my fried rice from two days ago which I made pretty much like that and it still tasted godlike.

the oil and the sequence you cook the things are pretty essential. gotta use that oil though, really gives all of that flavour. learned that in China though where many meals in my cafeteria were oily as fuck. same goes for restaurants

Have leftover meat/fish/vegetables
Make too much rice the day before
In pan with oil, break it up as it warms up
Mix in leftovers and stir
Break an egg on the side of the pan and stir it constantly to scramble it, then break it into small bits and mix it in with the rest
Finish up with soy sauce+mirin+sake in equal amounts

>eating rice
soy

You cringy /pol/edditors arent even trying to make sense anymore with your reddit memes

sesame oil works for fried rice. and yes you can cook with it in the beginning too. I've tried this so many times, and iv'e also tried with different oils and i'm convinced the memes are false.

i just whipped up pic related out of hunger, and the only oils i had to cook with sesame oil, and chili garlic oil

2 day old rice, fry the shit out of it for a while before adding anything to it.
I pre-cook the eggs in the microwave and cut them up with a knife, then toss those in, and toss in a bag of frozen mixed vegies. add chicken if you're going to, I don't normally, then add some olive oil and soy sauce to taste, don't overdo it on the oil.

you're doing it all wrong you know

It taste amazing, and isn't that the only thing that really matters?

what am I doing wrong?

I don't understand why you would buy frozen carrots. They're one of the cheapest vegetables available, and they last for a long time. Fresh carrots are a lot nicer than frozen and it's barely any effort cutting up a carrot.

Move your rice to the side, add a little oil, and scramble the eggs in the spare space. Or, crack the egg over the whole rice near the end (japanese style). Or make an omlette at the start and slice it. That way the egg texture is a lot better.

Butter would be better than olive oil, and sesame is the traditional oil to season it with. Also little sugar. Fresh garlic.

yeah, on one hand fried rice is a traditional chinese dish with a right way to do it, on the other hand it's just a way to use up leftovers, every country has its own style and being dogmatic about it is retarded.

well i mean he is just throwing rice in the pan without oil.
>olive oil
>microwaving the eggs for some weird reason
>"fry the shit out of it for a while before adding anything to it"
you mean you dont even add oil to the pan?

It's kind of implied he uses oil when he says fry. Adding olive oil to the end of a dish to flavour it isn't that weird, doing it with butter or sesame oil is normal. The microwaved eggs bit is fucked though yeah.

Should also flavour the oil with something before you fry the rice, be it meat, garlic, onions, chilli, ginger, carrot, peppers, something.

im not sure what he meant but it sounded like he was just throwing rice in dry then adding oil at the end.