If your burger needs a skewer for structural support and/or is taller than it is wide then you have fucking failed and...

If your burger needs a skewer for structural support and/or is taller than it is wide then you have fucking failed and all youve made is a hipster shishkebab, NOT a burger

Agree?

Yep

I generally disapprove of tall food

It literally makes no difference.

Yes, if the tall bit is meant to be the side you bite into then thats just an ergonomic blunder

>Cassoulets
When will they ever burn?

idc what it is id fucking destroy those

Actually OP, you're right, because those are fucking burger balls not PATTIES

How hard is it to understand burgers should be completely SMASHED and SLAMMED thin before cooking? Everyone knows beef rounds and plumps as it cooks, so you must make it into thin disks for a proper patty

But these jackass pieces of trash think if they make round burgers it will give the illusion of not being like typical burgers you can get anywhere else who actually know how to form a real patty

It makes all the difference, a 3 inch tall but wide burger gives you a good shape to hold onto and a nice bite-sized cross section to work your way through... when a 'burger' is 6 inches tall the only solution is to attempt to bite from some other angle inevitably making a mess, or squish it down making a mess. The burger exists because it is an easy, tasty and most important user-friendly meal! The bread keeps your hands clean and dry and lets you hold the rest of the ingredients together as you eat from one side to the other. Having a skewered tower of burger ingredients defeats the purpose of the burger and is a testament to the cooks incompetence

Yes this makes me want to murder for pleasure when I see this

What about shortcake?

>mouthlets unable to eat tall food
Kek

>Agree?
Yes.

Peak soyboy

The soy allows me to eat taller and taller food. I bet you can't even unhinge your jaw fagtron.

Thick patties are shit. Several thin patties > one thick patty.

well obviously
anyone who knows about cooking will tell you that!

thiccness is a sign that you shouldn't expect your food to be good. Its all about dat surface area

I've been served a burger with a knife through it once. When I took out the knife (didn't want to bite on it), the whole thing fell apart immediately and I had to eat it with a fork. Never went back

Welp looks like OPs a fa-
Oh, wait he's actually right for once. Tall burgers are stupid

>Not enjoying a tall sideways hotdog on a brisk summers night.

>hipster shishkebab

Preach, OP. Hallelujah!

>he still has a jaw
If you're not injecting soy milk why even bother

why not just layer many thin burger patties instead of making that ugly bulbous thing

Taller than wide is fine as long as they remain bite sized in total. For example looking at your pic, assuming I get the scale right, I'd say it's more of a burger-themed appetizer at that point but that's k.

The only way to make this more contemporary would be to add about a pound of rucola or as much as it takes to not taste like anything but.

Because thin patties would dry out you incompetent retard.

Peak burger

m8 I couldn't agree more. I have been a cook for years in a bunch of places of differing levels, and if they have a burger on the menu, they always fuck it by making it way too tall and full of shit to the point that it's impossible to eat as a burger, you have to deconstruct it on your plate, take it apart bit by bit to eat it. Which defeats the purpose of a burger as far as I'm concerned.

Is a knife an acceptable scaffold for a Burger?

Only if you're a soyboy

A burger should not need a scaffold. But it's a nice decoration.
why is Veeky Forums full of soyboy fetishists recently?

That's a scone

As faggy as that picture is, I would actually say for those burgers, yes only because those burgers are probably more enjoyable to eat cut in half