>Vietnamese

>Mexican
>Italian
kys

french

japanese

>tfw mexican & indian are my favorite nationalities of food
>tfw they always come up in these overrated threads

The correct answers are French and Japanese.

French, Japanese and Italian are the easy top 3

Prove me wrong

Also underrated foods:
Eastern Europe
Germany
Britain
Portugal
Carribean

>vegan
>vegetarian
>meat

French and Japanese are good, does not mean they aren't overrated.

I'm saying they are the top 3 most overrated. They are good tho

literally everything from europe is overrated, with some exceptions from italy and southern france. Most of it is just "we rearranged these ingredients without any flavor differences and gave it a brand new name", or "we have a fancy name for this really basic bitch technique that literally everyone does (sauteeing, etc)". Worse if it's northern europe and your dish is literally just ingredients, or rotting fish.

after that, Japanese cuisine is definitely overrated.

Chinese and Indian cuisine are definitely underrated. Korean is either perfectly rated, or even overrated.

Mexican is maybe slightly underrated. Don't know enough about anything else to comment.

Traditional regional Chinese underrated but they are gaining popularity. Lots of sichuan and hunan restaurants popping up in London. Also in UK indian food is so popular it's probably overrated but its pretty anglicised so I'm not sure if it really counts as 'Indian'

Indian food is fucking garbage so any good review it gets is overrating it.

Mexican and Italian both just depend on specific ingredients being fresh and prepared in a simple way, so i consider them overrated in that in a good kitchen set up with the right equipment and ingredients a trained animal would be able to prepare them.
That being said they are both tasty and i enjoy them they just hide behind "authentic" to disguise the fact that a monkey could cook it if equipped and taught much like "authentic bbq" if you have a good smoker and a good bbq pit its hard to fuck it up

There are two dishes overrated in Vietnamese food, because of white bitches and soyboys.

sichuan is one of the bigger trends in chicago these days which is pretty cool except now you have to really convince them not to dial down the heat for your gwailo ass
sadly there was only one legit hunan restaurant in the area and it closed a few years back, god damn i miss it

>>Italian

>"I went to Olive Garden and it wasn't that great"

Seriously, neck yourself

>any fusion cuisine
>Japanese
>Thai
>Indian
>Ethiopian
>French
>Moroccan
>Argentine

so what food is underrated...?

Ethiopian is overrated.

It's not bad, but the bread becomes a wet ace bandage after a few minutes of the slop sitting on it.

A lot of people seem to feign liking it because it's one of the few "black" cuisines that has some traction in the West.

>Flyover detected

>A lot of people seem to feign liking it because it's one of the few "black" cuisines that has some traction in the West.

This. It's kinda pathetic that the best "african" food that exists is literally slop thrown onto a fucking rubbery anjari.

Anything but french and italian.
the japs do seafood well so if you're doing french seafood it's best to do it japanese fusion.

Aside from Ethiopian the only really internationally recognized African cuisines come from North West Africa (Arabs) or South Africa (White). Ethiopia is pretty much the only place in black Africa that has a unique cuisine that other people actually want to eat.

Hey fuck you,. I am italian, what do you expect me to eat, your american greasetrap slop hamburgers? 'ell no.

Americanized mexican food is overrated, is just the same ingredients in a diferent presentation
On the other hand, real mexican food in underrated af, even in mexico

The same goes for italian
>Hurr spaghetti and meatballs and marinara based pizza! Its like little italy!

Jap without a doubt is the biggest meme

puts raw fish
>exquisite

puts raw fish over plain rice
>a delicacy

drops an egg over raw fish and plain rice
>300 dorra gaijin

Right about everything but the British food. That stuff is just inedible and vile

>overrated cuisines
>lists best cuisines

I've never heard of South African cuisine or seen a restaurant for such, but I'd be interested. MENA food is usually good, but doesn't have the same level of virtue signaling as Ethiopian, at least in my area.

>Midwestern

Whatever that is, it's not English; you 3rd world spastic.

North African is pretty much arabic.

Replace Mexican with japanese

>On the other hand, real mexican food in underrated af, even in mexico
True

I don't really see many people jacking off to Vietnamese food, and people who "love" Korean food usually mean they went to a Korean BBQ place one. That being said Italian and french food are the holy duality of overrated (Japanese is close behind them though). Their both good in their own right, but know people who act like they are the most amazing things so that they can seem more "cultured."

>I don't really see many people jacking off to Vietnamese food

Pho was/is a huge meme in many "foodie" circles.

We got a manchurian (dongbei) place in London Chinatown which is surprisingly awesome. And yeah I feel you with the heat getting lowered for whitey. Wish they wouldn't

Give me some examples of British food. No one here eats toast sandwiches or any of the other memes you see.

Plus I reckon Britain has some top quality native raw ingredients (seafood, game, cheese).

To be fair. It's not a top tier food culture but completely underrated. There's plenty of good dishes. You've probably never eaten a Suet pudding lad

Guess I'm hanging out with a different crowd. That being said those Vietnamese make a damn good cup of coffee.

Brit here. Honestly don't know what that is

Pho is trash

your opinion is wrong. then again i live in vietnam so i'm probably spoiled by the legit shit

The shit I've had to be fair was from pretty average chain restaurant. It was just almost tasteless and boring. I just kept putting vinegar and chilli oil and herbs in it and it still didn't taste of anything

Polynesian
Cantonese
Baltic
Greek
Israeli

all food is overrated

Most underrated, you mean.

Plant detected

My hard to type with those big fibrous stalks.

This
Ramen is superior in every single way. Pho is literally just a beef broth with lemon grass and onion topped with rice noodles and different kinds of meat and vegetables

That's what I thought when I tried it. Just a relatively boring broth. Actually less tasty than some of the traditional broths we have

>pizza is literally just baked wheat, pureed tomatos, and processed dairy

im too lazy to write other examples but nah your dont know shit

Fuck fusion cuisine makes me so mad.

Yeah exactly pizza is THE most overrated thing in the world after the iPhone and New York

Anything that can be done as a street vendor with a small cart is overrated
If it takes more than that it's underrated

Pizza is only good because of its simplicity and palletability. It's not overrated, it's just basic.

It's definitely overrated. It's social position. The hype around it. Overrated as hell. I still do fucking love a good pizza now and then

Toast sandwiches

Mexican yes very
But Italian food is the best in the world
And who the fuck cares about Vietnamese food?

Welp looks like I've met my match. A true meme master

French and Japanese completely agree

>>Ethiopian
OP said underrated

ethiopian cuisine is, at its very best, complete fucking garbage.

Literally American cuisine
>most popular
>highest selling
>terribke for your health
>so simple a toddler could do it
>everything’s stolen from other cultures
>tastes like grease
>shoved down everyone’s throats by multinational corporations due to its cheapness

Eat shit then dick

I see the problem with japanese cuisine is that people don't go past sushi. Jap fried food is pretty damn good and it's strange that after all these years people are still not associating them with it.

Want

I know pho is one, what's the other?

You got shit pho. If you can't smell the cloves from across the room, they half-assed the pho.

He likely means banh mi, but he uses terms like soyboy so has probably never left his mother's basement and actually had one.

This

>butthurt vietshits/hipsters replying in rage because someone spoke the truth
If a cuisine gets all its reputation from a single mediocre broth based dish then it’s pretty fucking shit

Pizza is different because there’s no other cuisines that got a similar thing. Noodle soups are common all over asia, with Japan and China putting far more effort into it than 3rd worlding vietshits. Even laksa is far more interesting and superior

>And who the fuck cares about Vietnamese food?
The people who cause countless of vietshit pho restaurants in a single city to not go out of business

>not mexican
you kys

>Japanese
>American
>French

That is all. Everything else is either underrated or rated just fine

bahn mi is good though
pho tastes like dish water

you forgot italian

>Ethiopian
I don't think starving is that overrated user
Most people seem to dislike it

Hungarian

True. Used to have a Hungarian gf

Banh mi
I feel sorry for you
Still overrated

lucky devil

They look like fried pig snouts.

>Portugal
This. I have seldom eaten as well and as much as I have in Portugal. I don't know about living, but it's a great country to go as a tourist
>t. Spaniard

>a great country to go as a tourist

Murrican here. I agree 100%, but mostly because unlike most of Western Europe it isn't overrun with American tourists and everything costs Eastern European prices, despite pretty high tier seafood and alcohol.

As someone who is Portuguese it warms my heart to see people appreciate my country.

Y'all have the best fascists too. Franco and Salazar are top tier dictators.

agreed it's somehow worse than the most basic ramen dish
Fucking agreed and also because most "trendy foodie" pizzerias think everything is pizza. Lets just add 4 cheeses and meats and pickled this and fermented that and replace the sauce with this and replace the bread with this and garnish the whole thing with salad and lets just take this other dish and put it on a cracker and keep calling it pizza. Yeah nah

America is about the only country that has it's shit together.

>dishwater

I feel sorry for you, born with the tasting defect that makes basil and coriander taste like soap. To me they taste fine and are really aromatic.

There's nothing not to love about caldo verde.

TUGA

Nigerian is much better.

Where in Portugal are you from?

I love coriander and basil, which is why I like bahn mi
pho is not good

When I went to Portugal last time I stayed in the Minho near Ponte de Lima. I went to this little restaurant above a shop absolutely packed with locals. Everyone was ordering the same thing. Giant plates of pork fillet, chorizo, black pudding and offal (liver and intestines) served with a huge bowl of rice cooked in pigs blood (pic related).

We were served local vinho verde, this exceptionally sharp white wine that paired perfectly with the meat. It was the one of the best meals I've ever had and it was cheap as fuck.

Plus all the wine I had that holiday was great value. I live in the UK and buy Portuguese whenever I can now cos its such great value.

Tl;DR Portugal is underrated af

looks amazing

The way I would describe it is like a risotto cooked in a really meaty gravy or something.

I'd definitely try it but many British people are too squeamish to even eat haggis or black pudding. It's definitely not common. I've never even heard of it before