ITT: comfy books

ITT: comfy books

Calvino

A Journey Around My Room by Xavier de Maistre
comfy writings of a bored aristocrat on house arrest.

Jurgen a Comedy of Justice by James Branch Cabell
comfy fantasy about a guy trying to bang every women from Guenevere of King Arthur's Court to Satan's wife

growth of the soil

Hey, yesterday I bought his Italian folktales, is it good?

killing babies aint comfy

Lately I've been the laziest piece of shit you can imagine, going to bed at midnight and getting out at 4 pm.
I'm pretty sure I'd relate to Oblomov but is the book good with that factor put aside?

Tove Jansson
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Jules Verne

Oblomov is misrepresented as an /r9k/ tier book. It's not like that at all. Make sure to read the Marian Schwartz translation tho

English isn't my native tongue, and neither is Russian, but thanks anyway.

>English isn't my native tongue
Oh. I'm very sorry about that

Watership Down
Grapes of Wrath, East of Eden, Cannery Row
Lord of the Rings
Stoner
Butcher's Crossing
Not Kafka
White Noise
Blood Meridian
Moby Dick
Shakespeare, Dante, and Ulysses, and honestly anything in the western canon after enough re-reading, except Kafka
Gravity's Rainbow if you're high
Infinite Jest if you're not yet too well-read
Martial - Epigrams
Werther
Karenina
Herodotus
Not Kafka

So Kafka would be a good choice?

yes

Good good. I'll look into that.

watcha doin user? how are you? Martial says we only ask sometimes to talk for ourselves, so: i'm bored stuck in a meeting. indulge me.

Watching battle of the Algiers. Don't you like Kafka or just didn't recommend it because it is far from comfy?

honestly he's the one author in the canon I would say is overrated, if it wasn't for the fact that I haven't re-read him enough. That's a lot coming from me because i've immensely liked every author I read from the canon. I loved the metamorphosis but the trial was eh. I'm probably showing my ass here but I don't see the complexity, but, again, i haven't read any secondary literature on him. The fact that he's number 2 behind Shakespeare in theory amazes me, so I'll have to withhold my opinion.

Any tips on understanding Kafka more? What's your opinion on history in general? How much should we know?

Not OP but these both sound fantastic. I've just ordered the first. Thanks user!

>Marian Schwartz

Is this a Veeky Forums meme? Magarshack is far superior.

>Any tips on understanding Kafka more?
Learn German.

Doubtful

Is there a name for this kind of comfy?

propaganda?

Have you read The Castle? If not, what are you doing on the internet?

this is pretty comfy so far

It is considered by many scholars to be the first psychedelic novel in Russian. The main character does not get out of bed for the first 200 pages and you also start finding yourself in some kind of trance while reading this book. Goncharov alludes very well to the epoch and time period when it was written (one might call it short zastoy in Russian Empire). He started writing the novel as a sort of self-treatment for his own procrastination and ends up justifying this vice (as many do). Anyway, a great read and quite important in Russian literature, part of the school program as far as I know.

It's like an ocean's 11 that just keeps going, and eventually turns into game of thrones.

The majority of people haven't read The Castle, people who have read The Castle have extremely high IQs

is unfunny shitposting against the rules? can i report you?

This user is right. Though I'm reading a different translation and it seems fine. Oblomov's dream is toppest-tier cozy

>does not get out of bed for the first 200 pages
This is wrong, he gets out of bed on page 26 or so.

Pic related isn't lit, but it's 120% cozy.

that dream chapter is the comfiest thing i've ever read desu

Sorry to hijack the thread, but which books do you guys recommend about the American Presidents? Could be biographies/autobiographies

make your own thread retard

The Moby Dick chapter about chowder

Give it to me straight guys, no memes.
[Spoiler]Is against the day better than M&D?[/Spoiler]

Is there anything comfier than the discworld series?

Lmao! Good one fellow Anglophone! Got him!

I haven't read but invisible cities, on a winter's night, cosmicomics and baron in the trees are all good so I will imagine so.

Winnie the Pooh.

Bump

Extremely patrician.

Are you per chance a Savoisien ?

read Stoner, nigger

Wind in the Willows is really comfy

Sometimes the characters are being complete cunts to each other for no reason though, very rude, they go right back to being best friends again and I suppose it's just "banter"