Making matzo ball soup to prepare for a comfy weekend
In it I have:
>two large onions
>6 potatoes
>a pound of carrots
>three cloves of garlic
>celery
>manischewitz matzo ball soup mix
I also got baking supplies to try to experiment tomorrow to give myself something to do, I haven’t much baking experience under my belt
>before the trolls start no I’m not jewish I just like soup
Comfy weekend thread? How do you fags combat cabin fever in a storm?
>pic related, my unfinished soup

OY VEY!

sounds absolutely disgusting. I hope you get cancer.

that's very nice, but isn't there any other part of the matzo you can eat?

>he doesn't like Sinai Mountain Oysters

>he wouldn't go out in a storm
Fucking baby. I bet your shitty place is going to lose power.

my property taxes alone are 22k a year, I live in a palace. why would i go out in a storm if i don't need to? sorry i don't have to walk 10 miles a day each way to get water from the well

I bet you live in New York City. You pay 22k in property taxes on a studio apartment, bigger than your friends' so you consider it a palace.

i live in cape cod in a 3 story mcmansion on the water, 4700 square feet, no need to project user.
why so hostile? it's just soup. why does this board hate food and cooking?
>anime image
credibility gone

Why are you getting so defensive about soup, and why are you lying on an anonymous mcchicken stock market forum?

Because soup is nice and I don’t share much OC here and wanted a comfy weekend kitchen antics thread
>making me prove you wrong
Sorry if it’s sideways, I’m a dumb phoneposter

>being so insecure that you need validation from Veeky Forums of all places
>going out of your way to prove anything on an anonymous forum where no one actually cares about you, just your food
This board is for food. We don't care about anything else.

Not seeking validation, and as far as going out of my way it took no effort to prove I’m not in a squalid nyc apartment
Sorry my soup offends you

i love matzo ball soup, its perfect

Not that user but don't ruin a comfy soup thread with your shitposts and personal insults
(For the record my favourite soup is a split pea served hot)

Cabin fever is cured by alcohol! Whatever kind you prefer. If I see one flake of snow I head for the liquor store. Always make a big pot of soup too. Never had the urge to make matzah ball soup though. I made etoufee for the first time last night and it may be my go-to comfy meal for the next little while.

do you have a wife, user? i will be your wife.in fact, i will be your maid just to live in your cozy little house.

Pic related

Your soup never offended me, senpai. The inability to leave your house during a mild storm did.

Beer soup is my solution.

Thanks user, I made 8 balls with one packet and two eggs, rolled them to about an inch in diameter and they doubled in size when it was done
>potatoes are fluffy
>carrots are sweet and tender
>the onions and garlic are melt in the mouth
My dumb ass forgot the celery on the cutting board

Post feet and I’ll consider it..

That looks good as shit, I haven't had pea soup in years
I have an $8 bottle of Sea Ice in my freezer and some DUDE ____ LMAO for tomorrow as well. I recently started making matzo ball soup for myself because my one friend irl is Jewish and has taught me how to make some good food
I'm a grotesque unlovable ogre
Nice
I never said I was unable to leave in a storm, I just choose not to because I have no reason to. I'm stocked up on everything I need for the next few days and have plenty of entertainment lined up. Why leave?

post your feet first

>I'm a grotesque unlovable ogre
every shrek needs their fiona

Feetbrah isn't me but I have wide hairy hobbit feet so no
slide thru, Fiona

address plz i'll be there tomorrow

just fly to Logan airport I'll pick you up

What other soups do you make? I love a good cream of crab.

>tfw flying to a small airport a few states away and getting ghosted

is snow on the beach cozy?

I love making minestrone, corn/potato chowdah, and potato and leek soup. Haven't made any bisques but I love those too
It snowed once here a month ago and melted in three days, the salty bay water makes it slightly warmer right on the coast so snow isn't as prevalent here as it is more north or west
>but yeah it's comfy as fuck when it does snow

>small airport
the Boston airport is quite big user

Damn I was hoping you'd have a bisque recipe. It's pretty much the only type of soup I like. Though chowder is pretty damn good.

I got a nice chicken lemon orzo one

fine, fine
>tfw getting ghosted at a large international airport

>not wanting to live a kino life in the airport like Tom Hanks in that movie, scrounging for change to buy Burger King and bathing in the toilets
I'll only ghost you if you're a girl (male)

Have you had pozole?

>steak
>chorizo
>orange juice
>garlic
>jalapeno
>hominy

That sounds incredible, added to my soup bucket list
I like pretty much any soup that doesn't have offal in it

Please post it if you can.

>I'm a grotesque unlovable ogre

We already knew you were Jewish from the matzo ball soup.

I’m Irish Catholic

Got 45mph winds and a an good 8 or 9 inches of snow overnight here. Making a stew.

What kinda stew snowed-in user?

Love me some matzo ball soup. Though I like the kind with one giant matzo in the middle, it's fun to slice away at it. Yours looks good but I usually also throw in some noodles and shredded chicken, more carbs maybe but it's the kind of soup I want to be hearty.

oh fuck thats not pozole

garlic, hominy and jalapeno, yeah, but none of that other shit

where the fuck are you from to know about pozole but able to screw it up that badly

Just a boring beef stew, onion, carrot, leek and turnip softened in the pan, flour and brown the beef, add some stock I made from beef bones, season, add thyme and bay leaves and leave for a few hours.

Logan Utah?

Right here soupbro. You will never go back after eating menudo

Stupid pic didn't attach . Here you go

B L A N D: The Meal

top craic lad
usually i add chicken but i was too lazy tonight
i'm not concerned about authenticity at all, adding citrus and meat to garlic and jalapeno sounds like a good combination
post pics
yeah sure
it looks like it would be really good if it didn't have that frankenstein tier chunk in the middle. Never cared for the taste of organ meats, if I grimace every time then it's not meant for me. Plus I can afford better cuts of meat and it's not part of my ethnic background, so realistically I have no reason to ever eat it
maybe if I marry a qt latina girl and her abuela makes it I'll suffer through it but that's the only reason
go back to your hot sauce containment threads

>40mph winds
babby mode

that house is old as fuck

>2017/09/11
nice 9/11 but old date is old

Built in the 1990s

hella old

t. Gen Z

>have to specify that you aren't Jewish so that your thread about Jewish food doesn't turn into a /pol/ clusterfuck

I hate this place sometimes.

I had matzo ball soup when I visited the states and it was just mush in salty hot water. Is it supposed to be mild/bland, or was it just a shitty chain?

Since it's mostly found in diners and pizza places and shit, quality varies greatly.
But matzoh itself is fairly bland, yes.

>jew food
gross

I like when idiots cuck themselves out of good things. Enjoy your comparatively awful French toast, schmuck.

it's like another shoah.