Henry V

>genesis, ecclesiastes, psalms, gospels
>not comfy

>life-affirming

>people who hate God will feel comforted by Scripture

The stormlight archives

See

dharma bums

the bible is both comfy and unsettling. Comfy because of its message of hope, salvation and God's ultimate triumph over evil.
Unsettling because it asks us to bear our cross and repent and constantly be vigilant in our spiritual warfare.

Brandon pls go

I finished The Alchemist the other day, real comfy. What did Veeky Forums think? I liked the straight forward narrative.

Fromm's The Sane Society, Erich is always life-affirming

The aim of life is to live it intensely, to be fully born, to be fully awake. To emerge from the ideas of infantile grandiosity into the conviction of one’s real though limited strength; to be able to accept the paradox that every one of us is the most important thing there is in the universe—and at the same time not more important than a fly or a blade of grass. To be able to love life, and yet to accept death without terror; to tolerate uncertainty about the most important questions with which life confronts us—and yet to have faith in our thought and feeling, inasmuch as they are truly ours. To be able to be alone, and at the same time one with a loved person, with every brother on this earth, with all that is alive; to follow the voice of our conscience, the voice that calls us to ourselves, yet not to indulge in self hate when the voice of conscience was not loud enough to be heard and followed. The mentally healthy person is the person who lives by love, reason and faith, who respects life, his own and that of his fellow man.

I have this friend who knows most of this shit through, and spent a night bullying me with quotes of it.
And yes its a really comfy book, and a shitty one at the same time

flow my tears, the policeman said put me in a lively mood desu

Why do you think it's shit?

pretty comfy user

I haven't read that one but the Art of Loving left me feeling bretty gud about life even though it presents a challenge to overcome

Norwegian Woods

Murakami is generally pretty comfy