ITT: quotes that really made you think

ITT: quotes that really made you think

What the fuck

t. brainlet who can't refute it

i mean he's not overly incorrect. a tad verbose, equating him to other thinkers is fucking pointless, and saying that he "simply understands what we are today" is obviously obtuse

otherwise, whatever. sure

This is wrong on so many levels but I admire the confidence required to spew such bullshit

>empirical psychology

Almonds = activated

What exactly is your problem with this? You don't think psychology makes use of the scientific method?

Yeah man Peterson's work is just like Kant just look at uhhh map's of meaning yeah totally isn't a rehashing of Campbell and Jung, Peterson reconcilies his definition of truth through uhmmm uhh

CLEAN YOUR ROOM LOL

Still haven't touched this fag beyond the pronoun meme and I'm proud of it

>we may not realize it now, but Peterson is today's version of a David Hume or Immanuel Kant.
Absolutely true
>He is the first to take empirical psychology and apply it directly to modern culture, religion, epistemology, and anthropology.
Name one person who has done this besides Peterson.
>He has married the new sciences like psychiatry (hardy even 50 years old) towards our new, (((progressive))) civilization in a way that honors tradition and western individuality.
At this point the truth is becoming so poetic it is emotionally moving.
>It quite obvious thay his words will continue to inspire others for many generations, and his writings will undoubtably pass the test of time.
As someone who has an autographed copy of Maps and Meaning and who has judiciously studied it for the past year i can confirm the probability of this assertion. The man simply writes for futurity.
>The man simply understands what we are today.
Irrefutable. If you had been watching his lectures you wouldnt even attempt to argue this.

the use of "empirical" is redundant in this instance

So do these people somehow not know that Jung and Campbell exist despite him talking non-stop about them?

i dont care if it's ironic OP it doesn't belong here and I'm triggered

i take it made you think then

He doesn't use empirical psychology. This guys keeps talking about Jung and psychoanalysis bullshit. He's like a broken clock, right twice a day.

also, forgot do add.
He's obsessed with the "Logos" and keeps letting his on religious views interfere in his judgment.
Most of the 'moral' he talks about comes from Christianity mixed with Buddhism, so nothing new under the Sun.

Did that sound intelligent to you in your head?

no, it's just the truth. Try publishing a research in any competent science journal mentioning psychoanalyses like he does. The editors are going to laugh at you.
All I'm saying is that if he is what his fans and supporters say he is, then he should update his references and stop using outdated stuff.

none of those things would make him like kant or hume

was he MGTOW?

He's right

To be fair, you need a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson and so on and so on

>so low energy cant even complete the meme
>uses rick and morty meme
Wew lad

Yeah I need a 40 min nap or something

Peterson's ideas aren't new. 99% of it is stuff you can hear in any Sunday school class, rehashed for an agnostic audience. I say that as someone who thinks he's alright.

Four peterson threads on the front page. FOUR.

well at least you're being real now

Two of them are, which i made ironically
heh, looks like you just go PoMo'd

*are mine

what the fuck does empirical psychology actually mean

>empirical soft science
this is what peterfags actually believe

t. Jungian brainlet
no one takes your new age hogwash seriously these days, not even in philosophy

I was lightly criticizing his "broken clock" quip you illiterate.

That's why it's called FOURchan, you muppet.

He doesn't argue that men weren't the first, so no.

It means what psychology was meant to mean, the scientific study of human behaviour. Psychology as a concept has come to encompass unscientific things such as psycho analysis, but really it is about using the scientific method to discover the truth about our minds (if you believe in such a thing) and behaviour.

look, it's trying to think

JP is more that that. he is Kant + Hegel + Plato