Who actually drinks a Manhattan? I only ever heard it mentioned on the Simpsons

Who actually drinks a Manhattan? I only ever heard it mentioned on the Simpsons.

theyre god damned delicous, its a rye martini instead of pine tree gin. it goes down so smooth, its beautiful

I love me a bourbon manhatten. But prefer it on the rocks to shaken. Only they get you very drunk very fast

Speaking of bourbon has anyone here had mint juleps before? How are they? I was thinking about grabbing a bottle of Makers Mark and giving them a shot. I need something new to drink.

This

mint jeuleps are fucking delicious
just be sure to grind the mint down real good or you'll be picking mint out of your teeth

My ex did, and I started making them when I was with her. Drank a lot more negronies since

They're delicious. Also try the Revolver, swapping the vermouth for coffee liqueur. Might need to adjust the amount based on how sweet your liqueur is, though.

It's one of my favorite cocktails

I ordered one at a bar last weekend. I was pretty drunk and don't know why I did it,

It tasted like shit desu

This. Though I was in Mexico when I ordered one tbf

I might need to try that, thanks for the tip

yeah it does. bitter as all hell. fuggin wrecks you tho

I love a good Manhattan. A Perfect Manhattan is a good drink too.

Up is the classic way to order it.

>rye
I prefer rye, but bourbon is acceptable. The vermouth is already sweet.

the trick is getting the vermouth and bitters right. some bars put in way too much. I dont order it at bars, I make it at home.

Thanks for the advice.

Server of 4 years

They're in the "old people and hipsters" category ( with old fashions and martinis)

good episode

what is in the 'cool people' category

its my favorite cocktail, but I only order it in places where I can see that they take their cocktails seriously, since thanks to james bond, stirring cocktails have fallen out of fashion, and a shaken Manhattan tastes like crap.

Cum and MDMA

>he thinks there's a palatable difference

I'll sink Manhattan. Right under the sea.

I like em

yeah, when you shake a martini/manhattan, a lot more ice melts than if you stir it, resulting in a colder, but waterier drink.

Nobody stirs a martini that isn't how you make a martini this is your first martini isn't it?

Do you guys put any lime in them? I really think they are way better with a bit of lime. Bourbon + mint + sugar syrup + lime is my recipe

Will you find the sweetest spot to watch as it goes away?

>The extra dilution from shaking doesn't change the drink
>Folding lots of air into the drink doesn't change the feel of it

Why don't you just drink your manhattans over crushed ice, user? Less work than shaking or stirring!

I prefer a Long Island Iced Tea

weak bait dude

It's actually a quote.

I make martini's at home all the time but I've never had a Manhattan.
Anyone have a recipe or a YouTube link to a decent recipe for a Manhattan?

2oz rye whiskey
1oz sweet vermouth
2 dash Angostura Bitters

combine ingredients together in mixing glass, then stir for 20-40sec (longer if using bigger ice cubes). Strain into a martini glass, garnish with marasca cherry

One night at a bar, I decided to try all the drinks you hear people order in movies that I never tried before.

Mint Juleps were great, Manhattans were decent, but the Old Fashioned was the most vile, disgusting thing I have ever drank.

Does anyone actually like them? Maybe the bartender fucked mine up but it was undrinkable and I usually can drink some pretty strong shit.

Old fashioned should be impossible to really fuck up if you use good whiskey.
Probably used way too much Angostura?
Its a good cocktail normally.

Tom Collins is actually surprisingly delicious for a simple drink.

Old fashioned is probably one of my favorite drinks. I have yet to have a bad one. It's possible too much bitters was used or perhaps just a poor whiskey? I usually go for Maker's Mark as a standard but I imagine something like Evan Williams would be horrible.

done right, pic related is supreme. makes for an amazing dessert filling, too. my chocolate alexander croissants with orange pecan drizzle hardly ever make it to the table. vultures

Unless you go to a bar with a good cocktail program, they're probably gonna fuck it up. A place I used to work at had a house "Manhattan" that consisted of shitty bourbon, vermouth, bitters, triple sec, and a splash of tonic. If that mess was my first Manhattan I wouldn't want another one either.

I keep ordering them thinking ill like them but they’re always terrible. I figure its the shitty borboun they use, but who knows. Got me fucked up in vegas though