Have you ever had a terrifying experience with food? What happened?

Have you ever had a terrifying experience with food? What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GurNiNV5XvY
youtube.com/watch?v=ef8tWrPHYso
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not terrifying but one time I had a sliver of popcorn kernel adhered to the very back of my tongue and couldn't reach it or scrape it off without vomiting all over my fingers and no matter how hard i gargled stuff to try to dislodge it it wouldn't budge
fucker was stuck there for about a week and every time I swallowed I felt the hard maize carapace hit the back of my throat and it drove me absolutely fucking mental
i cried on the third day out of frustration
then one day it was gone and i thanked the lord for mercy

Fuck that sucks. You reminded me of how a few weeks ago I was eating some beef jerky for lunch and a small part got stuck between my back two top molars. It was there for days and annoying as fuck. Felt like it was pushing my teeth apart and I kept forgetting to buy floss when I'd get home from work. Too far back to pick it out and not sticking out enough to grab it with my needle-nose pliers

Inhaled a peanut m&m and when I though all hope was lost my windpipe relaxed and I coughed it up. I was 11

this is how vegans are made

That's life, kid.

When I first started living alone I'd cook big batches of food and eat them through several days. One day I cooked a big pot of pasta but my freezer went out, so I just left it out. Ate from it for three days, day four I reached the bottom of the pot for the first time and it was full of little maggots

>be 12 or 13
>staying up late one night building balsa plane models in bed
>have big tin can of pineapple juice im sipping on while i work
>fall asleep
>wake up in middle of the night really thrirsty
>reach over to night table and take big swig of juice
>feel something hard and smooth shoot past my lips
>ohgodohgodohgod its moving and scratching in my mouth
>open mouth and start gagging and screeching
>huge fucking cockroach falls out an skitters away into the night
>cant stop retching and crying and eventually wake up mom

Kek, what a fucking crybaby.

i did this once but it was a glass of water that had a lady bug in it
i tasted it for a week

Had a big bowl of Frankenberries, right after I took my first bite two cockroaches bubbled up and tried swimming out of the bowl

>be at Grandma as a kid
>She makes an onion pie at noon
>let it rest on counter until dinner
>dinner, eating it but something is weird
>"grandma it's weird"
>Both grandparents tells me I'm making stuff up
>Eventually, grandmother stops eating, look at her plate
>Pie is full of tiny moving maggots

I haven't ate pies for a long time after that.

I was eating pistachios. Popping the shells off. But a little voice in my head said "peel the skin off". And this time, it wasn't referring to a prostitute. So I peeled off the skin and the pistachio was in two pieces, and there was a little worm. What are the odds that the one I picked was the only one with a worm? Disgusting.

Left a pan of food out overnight without lid.
Next day when reheating I found out halfway through that a couple slugs crawled in and where nicely cooking along with my food

When I was a wee lad, I woke up some Saturday morning to get a bowl of cereal and watch some cartoons. As I sit to eat my cereal and watch cartoons and take one spoonful of cereal and spew it everywhere, the milk turned, bad, real bad. Traumatized the fuck out of me so now I have an irrational fear of food turning and probably waste food because things that smell turned may not be but I'm not willing to risk it at all.

good lord

>pliers
Lel
Fucking every time I eat chicken
>a thread of muscle tissue finds its way between my teeth making the whole meal uncomfortable

When I was a little kid my dad got us KFC, and it came with a chocolate cake. My mouth was dry and I kept having a "choking feeling," where I couldn't eat and was panicked that I couldn't swallow. Anyways, my dad insisted that I don't waste money and tried to force me to eat the cake.

I couldn't, and I started to cry, and my dad carried me up the stairs over his shoulder and was screaming that he was going to throw me over the railing onto the tile. He swung me a couple of times and ended up not doing it and went to bed.

Years later, turns out the choking feeling was mainly just anxiety and dehydration.

Fucking chocolate cake.

How is it even possible to become maggot infested so quick?

>the only one
hey i mean whatever helps you sleep at night

>grandma makes pudding
>its very hot so she sets it on the balcony in a bowl to cool
>20 minutes later
>nice and cold time to cram my face with homemade grandmas pudding
>eat a few spoons
>about to have another
>worm crawls out of pudding on spoon
>didnt eat grandmas pudding for a while and never let any kind of food cool outside not even for 5 minutes for fear of animals and bugs crawling into it

His grandma was a witch

He should have used a belt.

protip if you clench your left fist your gag reflex dulls

>mfw
My biggest fear is chugging spoiled, curdled milk. I love grabbing a swig or 5 of ice cold milk from the fridge and the thought of chugging rotten green yogurt fills me with a primal fear that I can’t even put to words. I’d rather cage dive with sharks or dip my hand in a bowl of spiders than chug bad milk.

I tried that, it was too far back to reach. Like the way way back of my tongue. It was agony

>found hair in food

seriously what if they had HIV/AIDS? basically getting it by eating what you think is safe

Or its a pubic hair and the only one working there is an old lady and you know that thing hasn't been dusted in decades.

Done it.
Instant throw up, I don't care who you are.
Once your mouth gets a tinge of the curd texture you basically don't have a choice in the matter.
Shit is more effective then that drug that makes you throw up. Ipecac?

>years ago
>go to subway because fuck life
>Pajeeta behind counter, I’m the only one in there
>get my meatball sub, sit down to eat
>Inhale a third of my sandwich in seconds, feel a tickle in the back of my throat and instantly feel as if I’m being dropped from the Tower of Terror
>reach into my mouth and instantly gag, pull 5 inches of long black hair out of the back of my throat
>instantly vomit onto the rest of my sandwich and the tray
>Pajeeta was in the back so I got up, tossed the entire tray into the trash can, and left
My stomach still curdles at the memory
>tfw mustache is getting so long that sometimes I get hairs in my mouth so I have to be quick before gagging

You can't get HIV this way. It has to be from bodily fluids entering into your blood cells.

I don’t even eat cottage cheese because my mind associates it with rotten milk. I love ricotta and yogurt and everything but cottage cheese and bad milk are my krypton. Ipecac, yeah. Brutal shit

This one time a really scary sandwich just ran up and bit me. I went to therapy, but I just know I'll never be the same.

This is why you always smell milk before drinking it.

>a pubic hair and the only one working there is an old lady

I'd call you dumb but I assume you learned your lesson more or less instantly

Finding living things in your food is the fucking worst

>Be 5ish
>Mom gets me a bowl of raisin bran
>Eat a couple spoonfuls
>Look down at the milk and see it is infested with bugs still crawling around
>start gagging
>Mom screams

I don't remember what happened after that. I still love raisen bran but I get grossed out if I remember that while I am eating it.

>worms in nuts
D-does this really happen?

Can’t remember to smell every time, sometimes I’m drunk or high or hungover or just tired and need liquid so I just grab it

>hair has dna in it also drugs you take and stuff
>eat it
>aids magically doesn't transfer

okay sure user

Yes, my nuts have a very large worm extruding from them

>notice the dill coming out of the shaker looks a little weird but don't think much of it
>use it in multiple dishes
>leave it on the counter one time after making a batch of tuna salad with the dill
>girlfriend is cleaning up after me
>"user, did you use the dill?"
>"of course"
>"come look at it"
>pick up the dill shaker
>it's full of crawling, swarming bugs
>doesn't look like there's any dill at all, just The Swarm
>the "dill" coming from the shaker must have been insect casings
>used the dill for a few days before realizing anything was wrong

I haven't used dried dill since, and have gotten queasy just writing that. Also I make sure to inspect all my seasonings carefully before using them.

Oh jesus christ. I'm going to have to start checking mine from now on. Going to be starting an herb garden later this year, so that'll be bypassed completely.

>not throwing your vomit filled tray over the counter so Pajeet has to clean it up

>Be 4
>Be at Grandma's
>Be drinking kool aid
>sit it out
>Take A sip
>Feel a hand tickle
>See the army of ants in and on the cup

Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers, and I should not have broken it. This may take 2 posts, it was THAT bad.

6 coworkers met at someone's house yesterday under the pretense of "Irish stew". I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to come). I brought traditional soda bread that had to be baked first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the oven when he had other things in there, but I told him I wanted it fresh.

The stew was still cooking and the host was already drinking alcohol at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, "Please, no talk about politics. PLEASE not today". I said if more people talked about politics we would be in a better country, and he got very argumentative so I just dropped it.

I was drinking apple juice that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have a beer. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol. It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.

Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before dinner, and that is when the fun started.

He made "Irish stew" with beef, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, hot sauce, oregano, tomato, and various ingredients. I started telling others that proper Irish stew should only contain mutton, potato, onion, and water, and that beef, tomato, black pepper, hot sauce, and other ingredients would not be available then and therefore it was a modern stew, not Irish stew.

We started eating and someone asked me about what I had said about real Irish stew. The host looked annoyed so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn't like it I could "get the fuck out and take my apple juice with me".

I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking more.

The stew was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that mutton was on sale at a local store and he flew into a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever committed at work. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his "take" on Irish stew, but it would have been nicer if the company had been more warm.

He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck. He was literally screaming in my face and had his fist up in a threatening manner.

I told him I would call the cops if he hit me. He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second loaf was still in the oven with 7 minutes left, and I said I wasn't leaving until it was cooked and I could take it.

He shouted at me to leave or he would call the cops ON ME (imagine) and then threw the bread out of the oven on the ground. I was shaking with emotions and told the group that I enjoyed my time with them but I couldn't say the same about the host.

It was a horrible affair, but I decided to make authentic Irish stew today, because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is simmering on the stove and I plan on bringing it to lunch tomorrow, one bowl for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better cook and am the more mature, forgiving person.

Gotta say bud, I think you were in the wrong here.

Not terrifying, but one time I ate a nectarine and left the stone on a plate and like 30 seconds later an earwig crawled out of it.

it's copypasta

Dude, that shit is no joke. I had to do the chair dive this one time back in highschool. What sucks is that the sugar coating broke and scraped my throat on it's travels.

Nothing wrong with a little extra protien.

Well, it kinda is rotten.

I don't mind ants. Scorpions are pretty good too.

poor baby :(

k... don't gripe about free food when you're a guest. Especially when buddy thinks he's hot shit. Be nice and complain later but not at the fucking event.

It's pasta

Oh, you'll hate this, then. youtu.be/GurNiNV5XvY

>that feel when you're eating something with very melty cheese and you feel it start to slide down the back of your throat while you're still chewing.

he said it was irish stew

>work at a deli as quasi-manager
>coworker is basically a fucking sasquatch
>instead of wearing his hair net properly, he just sort of halfassedly sits it on the crown of his head
>won't wear a beard net for his scraggly fucking face carpet
>boss refuses to let me write him up and refuses deal with it herself
>and yet she's confused as to how everyone keeps finding his hair on and in fucking everything

One of probably a thousand infuriating things that constantly go on in my workplace. I'd quit if it weren't for the fact that she pays me a shitload of money.

I can beat that. One time I eating pizza that had sliced mushrooms on it. I took a bite and got up from the table for some reason and I tripped. During the fall, I inhaled sharply and a mushroom slice got lodged in my sinus cavity. For a week I could feel the rubbery faggot halfway sliding back down to my esophagus, but it never would. Every time it did that I either started choking and coughed, or i swallowed and it went right back up there. My whole life revolved around laying down with my head tilted back and my throat muscles very relaxed, meditating and trying to get it to slide down. I managed to get about an hour of sleep every night. All the dipshits at the clinics I called talked to me like I was insane, so I just gave up because I didn't want some random retard ENT to stab my brain stem or something. Eventually, the faggot mushroom sort of rotted away to a smaller form or something and I must have swallowed it in my sleep or it just became part of me. I could smell it decomposing the whole time. For a week after it was "gone" I had a sinus infection that cleared up by itself.

Heed my warning: don't eat mushroom pizzas then walk around and trip.

Aw man I didn’t need to see that
Holy fuck lmao that’s the worst thing I’ve read since sweet sundae ramen was first posted

>used to order to go food from Denny's all the time because very small town and it was the closest thing
>always get loaded cheese fries
>eating cheese fries one day in dark basement watching movie
>start gagging on really long hair that was in the fries/cheese and got halfway down my throat
>try desperately to pick it out of my throat but couldn't get it and had to swallow it in order to breathe

>get half a breath
>puke across the whole basement floor out of sheer reflex from having eaten a long ass hair (or possible wad of hairs)

eating food from a restaurant is hard to this day

>when you try to swallow but your body refuses and you're left with food in your mouth and cheese going down your throat until it finally decides it's time to swallow

>be eating a bigass GMO peach
>the thing was big as a grapefruit
>so fucking juicy and delicious
>get to the seed in the middle
>its all black
>decide to take it out before eating the rest
>grab it
>it crumbles into a black goo
>throw the whole thing away

I one time sniffed pixie stix as a joke and my nose felt like it was on fire.

I really enjoy trying different foods but I have a weird anxiety problem where sometimes if I get a little nervous I lose my appetite. And for some reason I get this really bad at restaurants because I worry about embarrassing myself or not being able to finish my food. Anyway one day I decided to swing by a korean place after work. I ordered some kimchi stew thing that I knew I would love but then they started to bring out all the crazy side dishes and I just got psyched out and lost most of my appetite. Food was really good though.

tl;dr: autism

>Thinks science is magic
Whatever you say user.

I have to wonder how filthy your kitchens are, when you're getting maggots and worms in your food.

Recently almost choked on a chunk of tortilla chip that lodged in my throat. It made me flash back to when I lodged a flosser pick in my esophagus, but I calmed down quickly and chugged some really hot water to soften it, and it was gone.

I snorted black pepper for "fun" once.

>hair has dna in it
I hope you don't think AIDS infects your DNA

They do that at Korean restaurants. Like bring out Kimchi n shit.

>being this new

when I was five , i saw my big sister , who was 14 , sneaking the peanut butter into her room. when i went to go see what she was doing, she had spread the peanut butter on her pussy and was trying to get our boston terrier to eat her out .I get a queasy sort of boner whenever I see peanut butter now.
youtube.com/watch?v=ef8tWrPHYso

The eggs were probably in the flour or whatever was the filling

Could you still taste the dill in your meals?

I had this happen with sesame seeds. Pale little shits looked exactly like the seeds.

Sure. You can usually tell from the outside. There will be a little round hole on the shell. Or the meat itself will just look janky–rotted, cocoon mossy or have a borrow hole. It's somewhat uncommon, but not unheard of for larger nuts because the hollowed out ones trip the weight sensors. Very small unshelled seeds like sunflower seeds often have like 10% worm-eaten ones in the bag since machinery just can't fucking detect them. When you crack 'em in your mouth you can feel the hole in the seed and just spit it out. Won't hurt ya to eat it, but the ones a worm has eaten off of is very likely that nasty, bitter rotten one, too. We all know about that one bad nut they put in every bag.

I was at a bar drunk as shit and I ordered a strawberry and spinach salad because it sounded sweet and was the only thing I could afford. It came with blue cheese and some weird black sauce and it was by far the worst thing I have ever tasted. Remembering what it tasted like is nauseating.

>Wendy's has these Asian boneless wings
>dad takes me there for dinner
>dad orders the wings
>for me, it's the spicy chicken sandwich
>when we get our food, he lets out an involuntary "whoa!" and tells me he'll pay me $5 to eat one of his wings
>fine by me
>it smells like fucking rubbing alcohol
>holy shit this has to be some sort of error
>the chunks are nearly spherical, not a normal boneless wing shape
>I take one and bite into it
>tastes like it was brined in rubbing alcohol
>full of ligaments
>way too chewy to get through
>gag and spit the horrible thing out
>dad laughs his ass off, gives me $5 and then decides he doesn't even care enough to get a refund for the fucked up wings
>I decided not to be a baby about it but it was a borderline traumatic experience for me, forever fucking up my tolerance for bone fragments and ligaments in ground meats
>to this day I still have no idea what that Wendy's gave us instead of my dad's food

Holy shit fuck yeah

Hot.

That's the sort of thing that drives grown men to suicide.

I have a vivid memory of being a kid and not being able to enjoy Finding Nemo because a fucking popcorn kernel got stuck to the back of my throat.

One time when I was really sick and could barely stomach anything, something in my genius brain told me to eat some bagel bites. I ate a few and almost immediately puked them back up. After vomiting, curiously, I found myself unable to breathe very well and my nose was suddenly incredibly congested, as if something was blocking my nostril. I coughed and wheezed and did everything I could to unfuck my breathing.
Finally, the back of my nasal cavity released half of a barely digested bagel bite and I spat it out onto my hand. No, it was not in my throat, it had lodged itself into my nasal cavity somehow. I sat there and stared at it, absolutely mortified. I didn't eat bagel bites for like 2 years after that.

Ah this copypasta again. It stirs up interesting conversation but it's just so dumb.

yeah fuck that, dawg

Yepp this same exact thing happened to me a year ago. We were putting season on our salmon and I told my family there was definitely something wrong with it. They all doubted me so I inspected it and opened it up to see that we were eating little beetle carcasses. My sister screamed so loud.

Once when I was little, my dad was waking me up to get to school or something and he already poured my bowl of milk for cereal. He must've been half asleep because the milk was almost completely curdled. I had never seen spoiled curdled milk before so I took a big bite. It was so fucking disgusting I still remember the taste to this day.

Dear Lord, this is the setup you'd see in a Junji Itou manga, the only difference is you'd then start sprouting mushrooms from various orifices until one giant one finally erupted from your spinal column with a fungus brain on top.

this
I have the same primal fear and I absolutely never take chances

All of my what, please be bait

Holy shit, this happened to me too, when I was a little kid. The fucking thing crawled out of it while I was holding and eating the nectarine. I just dropped it in horror and could only cry and scream for 10 minutes. Never ate one since, I am now 33 years old and the memory still makes me feel uneasy.

This is LITERALLY what viruses do.

That is some mighty fine autism ya got there sporto!

I'm not autistic, I just like to share. I've saved some other fun stories I found on the internet, too, but I'll share them some other time.

>or it just became part of me

You don't say?

>eating hotdog
>chunk gets stuck in sinus cavity
>start blowing
>comes up into my nose
>piece of hotdog is too big to fit through my nostril
>every time I try to get it out I just push it back down
>eventually break a metal paperclip in half and use the sharp end to start breaking it up
>finally get rid of hotdog after an hour

Please post more.

I want to more about your sense of moral superiority as you ignore social mores.

Plucking worms from freshly caught fish was a hell of an experience, I'll tell you that.

I haven't had any real bad experiences, maybe the other day I was eating chili cheese fries and a plastic tine came off my fork that I nearly swallowed, or the time I was a kid and found something in a bag of Ms. Vickies chips that I could only describe as a seasoned piece of fetus colored rubber