Underrated writers on Veeky Forums. Pic related. Liked by and influenced Melville and Conrad

Underrated writers on Veeky Forums. Pic related. Liked by and influenced Melville and Conrad.

bump

Anything from the Italian, French, German and Spanish literary traditions that isn't a internet meme, really

Bump. Surely Veeky Forums would like to share some lesser known or discussed writers?

But I get all my literature recommendations from the Veeky Forums charts

Twain's gigantic shit on Cooper was pretty funny

I guess so. But then again he might have misread him and had unrealistic expectations from an early American writer.

All the Blade Runner AI-waifu lads should read his Eve future

Lermontov and Pushkin. People on here love Tolsoyevsky, but they're completely unwilling to read the texts which influenced the later authors. Seriously, all of Russian literature is Pushkinskii Dom.

Also, this. I literally haven't heard Giuseppe di Lampedusa mentioned once on here, which is an absolute shame.

Proust. Proust is "underrated" in the sense that he's regarded as a god-tier writer, "one of the greats". But he SHOULD be regarded as the hands-down undisputed GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Väinö Linna. Finnish author, very well known in Scandinavia but has barely been translated to english. I doubt he’d ever get big on Veeky Forums since he’s not very experimental nor a meme but Unknown Soldiers is a fucking great book that deserves more attention.

Good book, good writer. Contes Cruels is also worth a read imo.

Everybody loves Melville, but we don't talk about Hawthorne nearly enough. He's nearly as great.

Ooooooh you must be so popular on the 4chans

L O L

I think he's good right where he is now: highly praised and lowly read.

He's good but the people who speak of him in such superlatives don't understand him. It's the easiest way to spot a novice in Proust.

okay, i'll read it :3

Bumps again.
Please let the peterson shitposting for another day and focus on the real issues, anons

That's an interesting comment, could you elaborate on what you think the misunderstanding is?

Hawthorne, without a doubt

James Ellroy