What is more important. A good prose or good storytelling

What is more important. A good prose or good storytelling

Both, and neither.

prose

they're wrapped up in each other. unless it's verse.

"STORYTELLING" LOL YOU AREN'T EVEN IN THE GAME IF YOU THINK THIS IS A THING

Prose

>not having oral tradition
really, user?

Good prose always has merits, but I sometimes find direct and easy to follow diction works better with the tone for some stories.

Storytelling

Making prose with flowery words and the 2 dollar word kind only put more strain on the reader, and just makesyou sound elitist.
Okay to pepper in a few here and there to increase readerships vocabulary, but reading shouldnt be an exercize in linguistics. Keep in mind that this only in the context of prose stories. Poetry is different.

Really though the most important thing is intentionality in writing in general.

good prose =/= flowery
have you never read good prose user?
Dubliners is a good start

They go hand in hand. Your prose should encourage the reader's imagination and enhance the experience of the story.

It kinda depends. I would say once they get too far apart, the lower one becomes more important. The important thing is to understand that one can't outright replace the other.

>good prose = fancy words
Why are you even here?

Prose. No matter how intricate the plot of your favorite 12 volume fantasy series I'll know within the first half page whether I'm going to bother with any of it.

depends on so many other things. if you're writing your epic fantasy you need to have story telling for a plot and a world. If you're doing some post modern abstraction you need to have your prose down so you can be effective

t. Favorite book: harry potter

a masterful writer can write about nothing for 100 pages and it will be good if his prose is good.

effective language

Compelling characters.

Tips for improving my prose as a writer?

dunno lol readings for nerds

great post

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong board.
/mlp/ is one board down

nice double post