DC Meetup

Are DC Veeky Forumsizens still interested in a meetup? I think we should make it happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldcat.org/title/boundary-functions/oclc/34661830
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd prefer not to.

Maybe. Where?

Comfy time of year for it govnor. Wish I still lived there.

fine then bartleby, go hang on your own somewhere else

I was thinking somewhere on the mall, or nearby.

stop

I like some of you guys. do not go to this meetup

who /UMD/ here

I would go

Let's meet at the Lincoln memorial tomorrow at noon. See you then.

>mall
>memorials

are you guys tourists or what

At least one of you should go to a local library where Ted Kaczynski's math dissertation is available and freely upload it to the internet in its entirety. It's rather obscure.

worldcat.org/title/boundary-functions/oclc/34661830

i will come her and will fuck all your girls

Nig Jersey here

admo here - im in - op you should set up an email or something and get people to shoot you a note

ill do this

This, if we can get more than just 1 or 2 people and find a time that works for everyone I would totally go.

You guys better be pro-Trump

Charlottesville, Richmond anons should head up..

Alright anons, I'm not OP but I've decided to take it upon myself to organize this.

If you are a resident of DC or live nearby and want to attend a Veeky Forums meetup shoot me an email at

[email protected]

I will try to find a time that works for everyone. It will help if you give me a general idea of what times would work in your email. I dunno how long this thread will last but over the next few days if I get enough emails I'll try to organize something in the near future.

I forgot to point out: If you aren't white and a male, then please find something else to do.

This poster is not me, anyone is welcome to attend

Institute a dress code so the picture doesn't look too cringey.

How does Comet Ping Pong sound?

>Institute a dress code so the picture doesn't look too cringey.

No pictures

>How does Comet Ping Pong sound?

And have the zio-Illuminati pedos bug our conversation? A coffee shop would be better.

i think comet would be funny. for sure should be somewhere that serves alcohol; what about russiahouse

how about we meet at the white house and protest for a bit, then head off to a bookstore?

Gaithersburg here. I'm down, all my irl friends are STEMplebs

one question though, would a STEMfag who takes interest in lit be welcome, or is this gonna be all english/philosophy undergrads who shit on me for not knowing critical theory?

Whom is a sconnie ITT

I believe the NYC Veeky Forums meetup met at a coffeeshop. Having booze would be nice though.

I would be down to do russiahouse but I've never been there and don't know how crowded/loud it is. Ideally it would be a location where the music isn't too loud and where they have enough tables/room for a medium-sized group to sit and chat.

Anyone in

L O N D O N ?
O
N
D
O
N
?

Anyone who reads Veeky Forums-tier books is welcome.

Except blacks

I was but I gradiated.

bump

we should have different color bandanas hanging out of our back pockets to signify what kind of books we are into :^)

Would legit love a London one, say once a month maybe less, have three or so books u must read in between

not in london but a short train or motorbike ride away

you worried Jamal and Tyrone are going to be smarter than you as well as having bigger cocks?

this is not the thread for low-quality trolling guys

russiahouse is low key. lots of back rooms and vodka. its sort of like a club but russian-not a club where people get bottle service or anything. its kind of hard to explain but its a funny spot. german beer hall on h st would be a good option too-no kusic and we could grab a picnic table out back

I said that I was interested then and I haven't changed my mind.
People need to stop being so afraid of real interactions.

email the email man

Alright folks, if you want to come hit me up.

[email protected]

yes
where at lets meet up and talk about books

where should I park

> d clit meat up
???

Some of You Guys are Alright, Don’t go to DC

I'm going to wait on deciding anything until a decent amount of people have emailed and expressed interest.

For where we would meet, somewhere with a low-key atmosphere where we could get drinks like russiahouse or the german beer hall as one user suggested sounds good.

Once I've gotten at least 4 or 5 emails I'll start trying to figure out a day and time that works for everyone. I dunno about parking but anything in the city is not far from a metro stop you can always take the subway.

That was a meetup from another board, not from Veeky Forums. I remember people saying the NYC Veeky Forums meetup was good, I don't think it's very likely that any autists will show up.

im going to bring us matching fedoras I need to know how many people about will be going. Also is this a potluck? I make a mean buntcake

This meetup is going to be like multiple iterations of A Little Cloud taking place simultaneously.

If you can't handle the heat than stay out of the kitchen amigo

Last words of meetup: "Daybreak, gentlemen!"

A Veeky Forums meetup should be at a popular used bookstore, but the twist would be to not tell anyone that you came because of a Veeky Forums meetup.
We can all hang out without knowing who each other is.

In DC, you dummy.

imma email you, everyone else do it too so we can make this happen

The meeting should be divided into those who want to talk, and those who just want to lurk, like the board is.

t. lurker

>Veeky Forums meetup
Don't forget to take pictures!

Let's not do a bar, I turn 21 in like four months and I don't want to wait.

Also let's do it around midday, not at night for those of us who don't live in DC and have a long drive/subway ride into town.

yeah why dont we all just not meet - thatd be the most convenient
there are plenty of bars you dont need to be 21 to go in; beer hall is open all day

Comet Ping Pong is kid friendly!

Okay, we can also do somewhere that serves alcohol but that isn't exclusively a bar, so that those who want it can get some.

Kramerbooks & Afterwords is a bookstore and cafe that also serves wine & beer. There are a bunch of other places in DC like it.

If you're that autistic you can rsvp, but show up late and pretend to not be there for the event, get a table nearby and eavesdrop.

I lold

>The meeting should be divided into those who want to talk, and those who just want to lurk, like the board is.
kek

>believing the gomad meme
>poo in loos
>BLM
>cucks
sounds legit

Ironically enough that was a meetup from /pol/

Top genes

Cool yeah that sounds good

Lets meet at the marx memorial, the best founding father. I'm starting the 1500 mile journey right now

I don't think litizens would make good company. I know some of you suffer from literal autism, have piss bottles and enjoy traps.

So these are the guys who have been funding Laura Southern and Sargon

Alright, out of the 36 people which posted in this thread only 2 sent emails.

If you are lurking and waiting to respond until you see the final day and location posted than don't bother waiting and just send an email because I will be working that out with people over email and not in these threads.

For many of you this is probably your one chance to talk about books in person with people who aren't plebs, don't miss it!

If you fags aren't afraid to get blasted, show up for the bi-weekly meetings of Cafe Philo DC. Meeting times are posted up on linktank and in a yahoo group.

Veeky Forums is mostly stem idiots

bump

That's more like /r9k/, besides all the literal autists won't leave their rooms.
this

Since Veeky Forums is a slow board and this thread is bound to die, please whoever starts the next thread include the email:

[email protected]

in the OP of the next thread.

Please, please, please do so. I'm very keen that it should be uploaded extant and I've been pestering Veeky Forums boards for it for some time.

Please please reply to this thread if you are serious about following through. Are you the UMD user?

Never seen Russia House busy, but it might even be too quiet. An ex-military friend of mine described it by saying that every other foreign restaurant in DC feels like a foreign restaurant in DC; Russia House just feels like fucking Russia.

All of these people would have been gassed.

Kramer has no place to hang out except a very tiny bar. It's mostly a (fairly expensive) restaurant.

OP I used to attend russian lit club meetings at a place called Bistro Bohem on Florida and I think 6th st. It's a restaurant but very cheap, with solid pierogi, cheap IPA, and plenty of seating in a cozy back room. Could be what you're looking for.

t. not going to show up

murder capital

muh ebil gubermint

Actually though

Sconnie who moved to DC reporting in

Nobody here goes outside. We don't know the places. Pls no bully.

thats not what user menat. dc used to have most murders per capita not that long ago. the city is completely segregated, and the southeast quarter is in ver bad shape

What is a sconnie? Send the dude an email.

Why do americans look so subhuman. Is it something they put in the water or food over there? Is it those weird corn syrup-based edulcorants?

what country are you from

Just dont forget to share the picture after

bump

how can we enforce a no pictures rule

By trying, you only guarantee that the photos that are released have everyone in except the person surreptitiously taking them.

Whats tge problem with a photo so we can remember the event later?

Toronto meet up when tho?

I am a qt girl and I will only want to meet with only qt girls (no lesbo)

Anyone coming who has read Dianetics: the modern science of mental health by L Ron Hubbard? Maybe we could discuss it

I have! I also have a very rare signed copy, which I'll be sure to bring along. The idea of discussion of weighty philosophical topics like those engaged by LRH intrigues me greatly!