Quality seafoods

What is a good place to buy seafoods. Y'know shrimps all sorts and small crabs and miscelaneous mixes etc.
All those plastic prepackaged from supermarkets taste like absolute garbage, n i know how good they can be

I agree. Store shrimp tastes like they have always been defrosted. Interestingly i usually find salmon from the same cooler to be of great quality

Wallmart is a supermarket. I don't think you and i are on one line abt the quality element

This is correct. When I have a hankering for some seafood, I always go to my local Wal-mart Supercenter. From crab legs to cod fillets, Walmart has it covered. But it doesn't end there, my friend. All your seasonings and side dishes are never more than a few aisles away. Who doesn't love an ear of fresh Nebraska sweet corn as a side for their Old Bay seasoned shrimp? You say you need a pan, look no further. Wal-mart Supercenter is your one-stop shop for all your cookware needs. And hey, don't forget the drinks. With a vast array of beer, wine, and soft drinks you'll be sure to find everyone's favorite.
If you're really feeling like a feast, stop by the bakery for dessert. Wal-mart Supercenter bakeries have cookies, cakes, pies, and it's right next to the ice cream (wink wink).
This sure has made me hungry, but I'm in a bit of a rush. I'm going to go to my local Wal-mart Supercenter right now and grab a hot succulent rotisserie chicken and a coke. Their ready to eat meals at low prices always hit the spot on a busy day, making dinner time easy and fun for the whole family.

Is there a Walmart shill in the forums right now?

I'm seeing that shit everywhere.

This is straight up satire

Your local fish market next to where the boats dock. You do live on the water right?

Do you mean prawns?

Sure

brings up an interesting point though, is ironic shilling still shilling?

>frozen
>It's fresh

Look for a beat up old trailer in the strip-club parking lot, usually that's a fisherman offloading his morning catch and then immediately spending his profits on tiddies and beer

Define fresh
Most people just define it by the how degraded or rotten the thing is or isn't
If it's been frozen, then most people believe that it hasn't degraded at all

>Define fresh
The official definition is food that hasn't been canned or frozen.

you cant get professional seafood if youre not a restaurant

SO my only access is to subpar packed in plastic seafood?

There are different types of seafood. "Fresh" (ie, "unfrozen" seafood - the stuff you see in packages in supermarket displays) is often defrosted fish. It is considered "fresh" because it was flash-frozen at the time of capture. And flash-freezing is actually a good method of keeping fish fresh. But once the flash-frozen fish is defrosted, rot begins to set in.

For that reason, you are better-off buying FROZEN fish in most cases if you are concerned about freshness. Most people don't realize this - a solid hunk of ice is often going to be more fresh once it defrosts than a fish which appears "fresh," but was also once an icicle.

Now - presuming you only have a subpar defrosted fish, can you still make it taste good? Actually, yes - the two best ways to do this are:

1. Prepare the fish using the STEAMING method preferred by Chinese. Ie, load it up with scallions and ginger and spices and steam it until it cooks into a tender mass. Steaming will cover up a lot of flaws.

2. Bread and deep-fry the fish and cook it for a while. The high-heat will destroy much of the unpleasant flavor from the decomposition, and the breading will shift your attention away from the fish itself anyway.

For those who doubt that flash-freezing maintains the quality of the fish, consider that the Japanese DEMAND that high-end fish for sushi production (including bluefin tuna) be flash-frozen as rapidly as possible after capture.

Thanks bt obviously "fish" wasn't the problem.

>last line
In the US it's illegal to sell fish intended to be eaten as sushi/raw unless it was flash frozen. Tuna is the only exception because it has a lower risk of parasites but even then it's almost always frozen anyway. Anyone who claims "never frozen" sushi is the only good sushi is a retard. "Never frozen" sushi is straight up illegal.

So Jiro (dreams of sushi) is a sham?

Jiro was an advertisement made by the Japanese National Tourism Organization.

There's no way that's not copy pasta, no one would put that much effort into a shitpost

Well, if it became pasta, it must've been a shitpost at some point originally.

Flash freezing for sushi specifically is to destroy parasite eggs

Never underestimate the work ethic of shitposters