>LISTENAN
Beethoven. Op. 55 - 'Eroica'.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gxmhpaq6I4E
youtube.com/watch?v=fpFMvd7pPZo
youtube.com/watch?v=cHTx5aYlUh4
youtube.com/watch?v=3u1EduLH7L8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do you need a book on learning how to understand great music? I've learned on my own and am capable of articulating my claims of what is and isn't good very well. So what have you learned?

>eroica

babbys first beethoven

come back to me when you get to heiliger dankgesang

Watched There Will Be Blood with my mum and then read some of Charles Van Doren's A History of Knowledge before going to bed and having wierd nightmares about Jessie Andrews and Holly Michaels

what kind of pen is that?

>heiliger dankgesang
babby's first beethoven quartet movement

come back to me when you get to the variation movement of op 131

drinking wine while listening linkin park while reading cioran

Idk about you brehs but my night has been absolutely off the chain.

i just got back from the symphony. Holst's planets suite. was pretty good. now i have cheap beer and vita nuova.

playin dota 2 & watchin peterson

youtube.com/watch?v=Gxmhpaq6I4E

I'm sober. Sore. And sombre.

Good rec.

I think I need a drink, though.

Reading this under a horrible incandescent bulb, in silence, as my fiance's extended family drinks in the living room.

I am listening to animu music and reading evola

abs pleb

Glad you like it. It has become one of my favorite pieces of music. Keep on truckin

Went to the RenFaire today and bought a neat calligraphy map of Tamriel, read a little bit of Moby Dick and then took a nap. Had a flashback about the time a "woman" (read: man in a hijab) dropped a grenade on me from a third story window in Tikrit and peppered my buddy's ass (actual buttcheeks I mean) with shrapnel.

Then I ate some pizza and am now back to reading. Brownies too, they were gooder then hell.

trying to kill a cold
sniping quick turnaround projects from proofreading board
listening to the steeldrivers
sort of reading susan howe

Good times, I'm sure. Hope you're not getting an American befit package for that service.

refining my pseudery

This particular course is a history of Western civilization and a history of music from Ancient Greece to the 20th century.

Already have, but I'm very fond of Eroica. I'm sure his contemporaries would have found it patrician.

Sounds like a fucking trip of a nightmare. Probably the movie that did it. Personally, my dreams aren't plainly affected by what I read.

Bic Atlantis. $2.99

Good choice, and I've been meaning to read Emil Cioran. What are you reading and what do you think of it?

Haven't heard "off the chain" in at least a decade. How's your beer?

That's pretty great. My last symphony was Mozart's Magic Flute and The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky. This was months ago.

Appreciate you.

got it last month, but haven't read it yet. is it good?

i'm currently reading the broom of the system. got like 20 pgs left.

(You)
>How's your beer?

My beer is SICK! Thanks for asking, my man.

>My last symphony was Mozart's Magic Flute and The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky
Nice. I'm going to a Wagner later this month. Went to a Tchaikovsky not long ago. One of the only things I like about the city.

The real answer to this question is that people with doctorates in music history and theory need money.

youtube.com/watch?v=fpFMvd7pPZo

youtube.com/watch?v=cHTx5aYlUh4

I know nothing of Julius Evola. What do you think of him and his works?

I'll never again read the ending to Moby Dick for the first time. It's a fantastic novel and a peculiar one to induce your flashback. Did you just space out for a moment? Or did you wreck the living room?

My friend served as well and he used to have those too.

Sounds very cozy, minus the cold.

If it makes you want to learn, keep reading Samwell Tarly.

Or more simply, music theory and history. It's only slightly more throughout than a music appreciation course. TTC professors are most often reputable.

Spent the entire day working on my craft. Currently in bed, winding down to sleep so I can do it again tomorrow. Get mad selfie culture plebs.

She's very pretty.

listening to Poulenc's nocturnes and reading John Cournos' Autobiography

not really

youtube.com/watch?v=3u1EduLH7L8

Just finished a dnd session with the lads. I’m DMing and from what I can tell they had a lot of fun so that makes me feel pretty good. Probably gonna meditate here in a bit and get ready for bed.

how limiting

I don't follow. I don't gather disability if that's what you mean. Buddy does though, he took a piece of metal in the butthole that gives home trouble with bowel movements. They had to reconstruct part of his anus with a cadaver's, it's super wierd.
I don't think it had anything to do with Moby Dick in particular, I don't have them often so I've never really studied what triggers them. I've never thrashed anything or had anything other than a nightmare or two every year. Hell it might have been the turkey I ate for all I know.

I did get this sweet ass map for $10.