>first getting into literature
>pick this up
>can't read past the first page without my mind glazing over
>can't understand shit
>put it back on shelf
>read other shit for five years
>decide to give this another try
>reading and information retention is effortless

To all the anons who toss seemingly impenetrable texts into the trash I urge you to keep reading because one day, not only will you marvel at your ability to finally understand the text but you'll also wonder why you had trouble with it the first go around. It's a great feeling.

thanks man

But also if you read enough you'll see how crying of lot 49 follows/breaks Quest genre tropes.

+ the more you read, you'll notice how different authors approach and breakdown different ideas themes ideologies concepts. I always felt that was when reading got good.

ITT: user who just started reading thinks out loud

this. Gravity's Rainbow isn't even a hard read.

Started Mason & Dixon today. I don’t feel like I got memed.

>user feels dick is big enough for measuring competition

Are you confused? It's not a complicated story.

did you have to take notes to improve your comprehension or did simply reading more frequently accomplish that.

it is rather straightforward though once you look up all the zany pop-culture gags

Mason and Dixon is his absolute best senpai
it has a large number of similarities with the Sot Weed Factor which is another great book

When will i understand joyce?

It’s a top Kino book. Funny and comfy.

Not OP but in my case I simply read enough books and analysis to understand how I should approach a book.

what kinda analysis my dude

Start huffing farts and pulling yourself off.

I read that when I was 15 and I'm not even smart

I reread this recently as well. I didn't have any problem with it the first time on a surface level, but on reread I found so many nuances and allusions and connections that I missed the first time.

>bragging about being able to read a pop-novel
kys

I'm not bragging. OP called it incomprehensible
Did you even read my post or do I need to clean your head out with a cinder block before it makes sense, you worthless fucking moron

no, I just want people to know that they're not particularly clever for being able to suffer through TCoL49