"The true people of Israel are those that wrestle with God."

Hmm, what did Jordan B (((Peterson))) mean by this exactly? (On a Jewish podcast no less)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vx4ltQhdlhg?t=5341
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Minute mark, op

i assume he means 'people who actually engage with their religion, but ultimately submit"

He means that Christians have superceded the Synagogue of Satan and are the true Chosen People.

DUDE 4 BILLION IN SUBSIDIES LMAO

Wtf do you mean? He was talking about the translation of the word Israel from the original Hebrew. It's linguistics, simple academia; although I'm sure you'll find a way to twist it to suit your pathology.

youtu.be/vx4ltQhdlhg?t=5341

Are you Jewish, perchance?

>peterson on the fucking h3h3 podcast

i want off this fucking planet.

*200+ billion

The fact you think that matters proves my point a thousand times over. if you want to try and sort yourself out, I'd recommend Zizek's work on antisemitism as a pathology. And no, I'm not culturally, ethnically, or religiously Jewish.

Not him, but that only makes your words all the more disgraceful. Wise up to what's going on.

>I'd recommend Zizek's work on antisemitism as a pathology

I already understand Zizek's position. His position being, EVEN IF statements made about Jews are correct, why does the figure of the Jew need to exist in order for our politics to survive?

Well, first of all, I do not care about Jews biologically, rather, I recognise Jews as having a tendency of the mind which makes them inherently subversive. You might say, as Zizek would, why do I need this image in order for my politics to survive? Well, I shall use Zizek's very own argument against him. To not do so would be to engage in 'symptom healing' which would not root out the actual cause.

Until the actual cause is rooted out, nothing else can be done to cure the sickness.

its actually not bad, ethan is a natural although not very structured which leads the conversation off the rails all the time.

> Well, first of all, I do not care about Jews biologically, rather, I recognise Jews as having a tendency of the mind which makes them inherently subversive.

Is this antisemitic cartesianism or what?

couple minutes later:
>"marriage isn't about 'happily-ever-after...' you want someone to CONTEND with, to learn from that wrestling!"

Made me smile. Really redolent of ol' Xanthippe, there!

Slit your wrists.
You too, zionist maggot.

I was talking about Jews for whatever reason with this Paul, an older guy from work. He's 55, never socialized, now lives with his parents and takes care of them. He was like this from the start - and because he had no friends and didn't go out, he read A LOT. (that feel when)

Now, he says something about a Jewish cemetry that's near his house, and I ask - Do they still bury people there? And he says Yeah, there are still grave parcels being bought. Can I get buried there? No, you'd have to be Jewish. How do they know I'm Jewish, do they inspect my anaconda? No, you get a certificate about your origin - if your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish as well, but otherwise, it gets complicated - there is just one rabbi (?) that can issue the document in the whole country, you'd have to get to him.

So there I am, leading a monologue to sort my thoughts, and I say something like 'This reminds me so much of the Jewish elitism' and Paul looks at me funny. He's a peaceful Catholic who doesn't avoid discussion, and I don't want to come out as some lowlife antisemite. I continue to defend myself: 'I don't criticise Judaism and people that perform it. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the religion. But I percieve a parallel flow that is more radical and cultural then the religion in the true sense of the word; it reminds me of how ideology can be harmless when it's an abstract concept (see communism on paper), but becomes dangerous and unscrupulous when performed and radicalized by retards (see communism in history). Radical Judaism - Jewish nationalism - with the same characteristics as other radical ideologies? Isn't that... Zionism? Seems like the word fits a lot.'

I add a lot of question marks because I'm not versed in these fields. Paul smiles: 'Yes, that's probably it. Judaism and Zionism being two different things, and antisemites just not realizing it.'

Isn't this /pol/'s problem as well? Not realizing that Judaism =/= Zionism?

Open up your Bible, dummy,

Genesis 32:28
>Then the man said, ‘You shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel [That is "The one who strives with God"], for you have striven with God and with humans, and have prevailed.’
He's alluding to Israel's folk etymology referring to Jacob wrestling with God. And also the Christian belief that the new Israel is the community of believers in Christ, not the ethnically-linked old covenant people.

if you like peterson so much why don't you follow his advice and try to get some friends, lead a fulfilling life in someway, and not willfully disregard linguistic origins of geographical areas to further ((counter-cultural memes))

How the fuck did no one post this yet? The name Isra - el was given to Jacob because he wrestled with God (Genesis 32:28) and that's literally what it means.

Does anyone here actually read, or are you just a bunch of autists who meme about reading?

see and but op is just a sperg who comes from an >ironically-neonazi board of an anime discussion website to spread the news that he likes to suck cock

>Does anyone here actually read,
No.
> or are you just a bunch of autists who meme about reading?
They're freshman humanities students (i.e., people that couldn't make it into a real degree program), so they're more into debating white privilege and benefits of anal homosex instead of pale, stale, male stuff like reading.

Pol's problem is not one for which concept clarification would serve as any sort of corrective.

I mean, I can actually see how empirical facts about things could help them, but merely pointing out "not all jews!" Wouldn't.

That said, your post was deeply gratifying. We need more content like this on Veeky Forums