Nigerian Restaurant in New Orleans Charges Double for White Customers

Would you eat here?

--

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/03/02/590053856/food-stall-serves-up-a-social-experiment-charge-white-customers-more-than-minori

--

Chef Tunde Way opened his pop-up stall in the city's Roux Carre venue in early February. The listed price for the Nigerian food is $12. But when a white person walks up to order, they are asked to pay $30. Why? "It's two-and-a half times more than the $12 meal, which reflects the income disparity" between whites and African-Americans in New Orleans, says Wey.

The median income for African-American households in New Orleans fell from $32,332 in 2000 to $27,812 in 2013 in inflation-adjusted dollars, according to The Data Center's New Orleans Index at Ten. Over the same time, median income for white households in the city remained roughly the same, $61,1117 to $60,070. In 2013, the median household income for African-Americans in metro New Orleans was 54 percent lower than for whites.

Wey says when white customers come up to his window to place an order, he tells them about this racial income gap and then asks if they want to pay the higher $30 price. They also have the option to pay the listed $12 price. The difference between the $12 and $30 meals, customers are informed, will be redistributed to minorities who buy food at the stall. How do white customers react to the proposition?

"Some of them are enthusiastic, some of them are bamboozled a bit by it," Wey says. "But the majority of white folks, nearly 80 percent, decided to pay."

--
Pic Unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

enish-nw3.co.uk/menus
ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/thanks-but-no-thanks-ottawa-bar-tells-magazine-survey
cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/workplace-sexual-discrimination-men-heels-union-613-1.3483305
ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/local-restaurant-hikes-base-wages-to-16-and-argues-others-can-too
youtu.be/D_YjvC4ndzM?t=26
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>some of them are bamboozled a bit by it," Wey says. "But the majority of white folks, nearly 80 percent, decided to pay."

Sounds like 80% of them are bamboozled.

I guess it's not illegal if you don't actually require them to pay the double price, and if some people want to do it as a charity then by all means.

Nigerians have food?

You pay according to quality. Why would someone buy 30 dollars for a 12 dollar quality dish? This should be illegal.

I wouldn't eat at any restaurant asking for fucking hand outs.

They should take responsibility for themselves instead begging from another man's pocket.

You can still pay the 12 dollars even if you're white, it says right there. You just get a little speech meant to guilt you into it.

Would it be legal over there if you opened a similar restaurant asking blacks to pay more?

>eating in nigger restaurant
>paying more than double the price
how much cucked can you be?

As long as it's still optional and explained up front and blacks get asked to pay more, I think you'd be okay legally. But you'd be shut the fuck down by the court of public opinion.

Nigerians in America have a higher median income than whites.

>Black bussiness owner comes up with a bullshit idea to antagonize most of his customers
>business fails and he ends up on welfare
>"WHY IZ DER SUCH DIZPARROTY BETWEEN WHY PEEPO AND NIGGUZ??"

>will be redistributed to minorities who buy food at the stall
because this has worked wonders in the past...

If they send the money outside of the USA they're fucking morons who are part of the problem and actively contributing to it. If they give to charities within the USA, I might still be "bamboozled" if they donate to solely blacks but at least they're helping people within their own country.

>work shitty job that gives shitty pay
>"its white peoples fault"

>Wey
I do not think he knows de wey

Dis es nawt dey wey

>you pay according to quality
>he thinks anything bought from a food stall is worth 12 dollars

getting people to pay more than what the food is worth is how the food service industry exists. You pay more than what the food is worth, by definition, unless something is being sold as a loss-leader.

if you read beyond the headline you'll find out where the money goes.

Come on, man, he's clearly tapping into the lucrative virtue signalling market. It's a savvy business decision.

>Niggers
>Work

>It reflects the income disparity
Maybe if black workers spent less time texting and hitting on white customers and showing up late everyday they'd make as much as white workers.

I'll sue for discrimination and ruin them

>relying on the justice system of a developing country
easier to hire some thugs to throw bricks into their property.

United States is not a developing country

Yeah, really fair comparison when each Nigerian family has like at least 3 multimillionare princes in them. They all keep emailing me constantly.

I would not eat there
the only racist assumption is that as a white person you have more money than a black person

these people are fools who think white men live on a whole other plane of existence where nothing bad ever happens to them and face no struggles in their lives
meanwhile they are subject to this kind of blatant prejudice on a daily basis and have no power to even say something about it without hoards of people shaming them for standing up for themselves

I wouldn't just not eat there, I would opportunistically vandalize his business given the chance

Importing niggers was a mistake

According to Jared Taylor it would even have been cheaper to hire cheap laborers rather than keeping slaves, because the slaves cost money when they're too young and too old to work but the laborers can be let go.
Maybe he's right. It's not like the South was particularly rich.

blame the jews

I would eat there constantly and never pay the double price out of spite

The main reason a white family makes more than a black family is because the white family has a father.

this is true
its always a shame how people suggest sexual promiscuity is no big deal when the evidence to the contrary is palpable and the root cause of all poverty

It is

Hahaha, that's funny.

for the last fucking time california is not part of the united states!

I'm so sick of non-whites in america.

certainly has nothing to do with the socio-economic impact of 200+ years of legaly enforced second class status/ghettoization/intergenerational poverty......

>between whites and African-Americans in New Orleans
What if I am not from New Orleans. I have nothing to do with White southerners, they are no more or less my people than black southerners are

Jim Goad btfo's the slavery wuz evil narrative. White servants were quite literally kidnapped off the streets of england and taken to barbados where 80% of them were worked to death or died from malaria. There are black slave narratives that say they don't envy the white servants because the blacks actually got treated better. Cromwell quite literally tried to genocide the Irish. Blacks think that for whatever reason they are the only class of people to ever have it rough.

And niggers still have the gall to complain about this shit 200 years later. They're coddled babies that need to be constantly reaffirmed.

It is easier for blacks to get hired than whites. It is easier for blacks to get into university than whites. It is easier to get scholarships for blacks than it is for whites. Black people have every opprotunity at their disposal. You can say what you want about the way things used to be, but they have every advantage and most let it go to waste. The ones who were left in Africa watch their babies starve to death, and their children kidnapped for prostitution or to be forced to be soldiers, if they aren’t hacked apart by machetes. Having ancestors who were slaves was about the luckiest thing that could have happened to black people.

enish-nw3.co.uk/menus
What would you order?

see
you absolute retard. They were better off in slavery, should never have been brought to america in the first place.

They should have been kept in slavery longer until they were capable of functioning (if possible) and sent back.

lol

/pol/ so mad
/pol/ mad as fuk

y u mad whyte boi?

americans disgust me, irrespective of colour

>anyone who doesn’t experience white guilt is /pol/
>give us free money for things people who share the same skin color as you did hundreds of years ago

honestly the slavery argument is one of the dumbest excuses for blacks poor behavior and outcomes in todays society.

Surei t's easy to blame the /pol/ boogeyman, but history shows that blacks were better off in slavery in american than back in africa.

no we are under the process of demolition

As a black (or half black) person. I find this to be pretty disgraceful. Not only is it completely unfair to charge someone more or less based on something they didn't get a choice in, it also shows that the guy who runs the place thinks that black people are all dumbass niggers who couldn't possibly function if held to the same standard as white guys. We truly live in the worst timeline. I hate the mentality black people have that everything is white people's fault. At least the people where I live aren't like that, for the most part at least.

fuck trump, fuck white people and god fuck america.....its a failed experiment

>thinks that black people are all dumbass niggers who couldn't possibly function if held to the same standard as white guys

this is unfortunately true for most blacks

no, i don't like when restaurants engage in politics. there is a local restaurant in my town that engages in political non-sense through their social media all the time i.e. min-wage, metoo, refusing awards, calling out other restaurants over practices etc. while these issues are important i don't enjoy the politicization of businesses and therefor don't frequent their establishment. also their food is overpriced and underwhelming.

>the most powerful nation on the planet is a failed experiment
No one is forcing you to stay. America was designed to be a white Christian paradise. It’s blacks, Jews, and Muslims that caused most of the problems the country faces.

This may or may not be true. Where I'm from pretty much everybody acts pretty normal. It's probably based on location. I guess a guy from Maryland would be different that some guy who was brought up in south central LA.

Also that being said I believe that black people are held to the same standard as white people (at least by everyone except other blacks). Otherwise they wouldn't be poor because every business would be forced to help them as much as possible like in the OP.

>Would you eat here?

No.

>America was designed to be a white Christian paradise.

you're talking like church and state aren't radically seperated in 'murryca.

cash me outside when you become a theocracy, fuckhead.

god is a trick on niggers

Remember, only whites can be racist.

Lazy niggers, always looking for handouts.

>cash me outside

hello, race baiting white liberal

I’m an atheist, just not a militant one.

>that pic
>tfw had horrible intestine parasites for 10 years
>finally figured out what was up and got it mostly removed
>damage is already done
>so bad that I feel like I have IBS and chrones and take an average of 10 shits a day
>pic is my greatest fear despite it never happening
Sometimes I want to die but then I remember the rest of my life is pretty good.

Income disparity in the US isn't about predominantly about racial unfairness however. It certainly isn't about lack of opportunity in a class society, because in the US, education is free and class is a matter of choice, not your origin or skin color. Choices and poor parenting, and ghetto things like missing nuclear family lives, prolific drug use, prolific crime to support drugs, oversexualized youthful role models (music and media) mean early sex, early child support and a multitude of reasons to take the early way out of the educational game is about the only thing to blame.
No lunch should be $30 for a slop of ethnic food, so a better example could have been chosen. Nickle and diming the poor happens at bodegas/neighborhood dollar generals and other sources of food staples in the carless poor neighborhoods. Paying $2 for a single serving of soda, versus going to Costco and buying a 24pack for 15 cents a serving. Paying $5 for a single quart or half gallon of milk, paying $6 for a 4pack toilet paper, paying $6 for a small pack of tampons or maxi pads or diapers, rather than half the price at big ticket stores. Not having time and money to go to IKEA, outlet malls, and other places rich people jet around to save money on their essentials, buy in bulk, etc. That's the cost of being poor. They should be shaming every sleazy convenience store or chain like the Dollar General on the fringes for their reduced sizes and extreme markup on life essentials.

jt is a hero

>he's clearly tapping into the lucrative virtue signalling market. It's a savvy business decision.

This. I bet he doesn't actually give a shit about the "income gap" spiel he was giving. He sees white hipsters wander into his shop and he saw dollar signs.

I honestly can't blame him.

>comes up with

They stole this idea from restaurants that charged males more than women.

It already is illegal, and unless they found a legal loophole (unlikely as they're niggers) or are lying they will get hit with a lawsuit now that it's public.

>class is a matter of choice, not your origin or skin color

No it isn't. All things being equal Jamal isn't getting hired over Chris.

What is that restaurant called?

niggers being niggers innit

It's apparently optional so probably not

Pretty easy when you live off of gubmint gibs and don't pay taxes.

Hey, white people, you should really continue to do everything to become minorities in your own countries. See how well you'll be treated in the future? Look how little you get shit on now when you're about 60% of the population. Imagine how you'll be treated when you're 40%. Like kings!

Yep, it's a dying one (and I genuinely mean this without glee or smugness; it makes me sad to see).

imagine thinking this bait would have teeth.

Imagine being so autistic that you didn't think that the post was being highly sarcastic. Are you the type that actually thinks that people are serious when they post, "wtf I like [...] now"?

I realize that partially why they focus so much just on white/black in this case is due to it being in NO, but isn't it true that in the US on average Asians (Japanese and Koreans) and Jews earn more than whites?

wow it's like you made the joke, got one reply and spent your load in 2 seconds like a retard.
Good work.

You just seem upset that you took it seriously in the first place.

This, he's probably an ex Nigerian phone scam operator.

Why would you eat food made by black people in the first place anyway?

Union 613

ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/thanks-but-no-thanks-ottawa-bar-tells-magazine-survey

cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/workplace-sexual-discrimination-men-heels-union-613-1.3483305

ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/local-restaurant-hikes-base-wages-to-16-and-argues-others-can-too

The nigerian scammers are getting creative these days

Its almost like niggers cant get jibs because they dont want them, they can get gibsmedat from the gubbamint

When do whites get to chimp out?

>nigger

Eurgh, I can smell you from here. Keep your long, dirty fingers away from me

>pay the 30 dollars
>this starts playing

youtu.be/D_YjvC4ndzM?t=26

What is affirmative action?

i would say the value and worth of a dish out includes the operational cost of preparing and serving it, including a reasonable profit margin, but $12 for some shitty stew or whatever is fucking retarded

I like how NPR calls this a "social experiment". People have the gall to call this an unbiased source-- probably the same white guilt idiots who would pay the $30.

Also, don't give these bullshit articles any clicks. Use an archive if you must read it

>"But the majority of white folks, nearly 80 percent, decided to pay."
KEKS AND SOYBOYS

>Also, don't give these bullshit articles any clicks. Use an archive if you must read it

Why, I just block all their ads

in TROUBLE

What happens if a customer says they're a Jew?

What if I identify as an oppressed trans nigerian woman?