*writes down a bunch of fart noises and random gibberish*

>*writes down a bunch of fart noises and random gibberish*
Wow! What a genius!

>Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk
>random gibberish

>bababadal
supposedly refernce from tower of babel

>gharaghta
karak + gargarahat (hindi) + ra'd (arabic): thunder

>kamminarronnkonn
kaminari (japanese): thunder

>bronn
brônte (greek): thunder

>tonnerronn
tonnerre (french): thunder

>tuonn
tuono (italian): thunder

>thunn
thunder (english)

>trovarr
trovão (portuguese): thunder

>hounawnskawn
aska (swedish) + scán (irish): thunder

>toohoohoordenen
torden (danish): thunder

>thurnuk
tórnach (irish): thunder

So he likes thunder?

Joyce had a lifelong fear of thunder, as Stephen Dedalus does. Thunder and lightning are traditionally associated with the wrath of God. Bababadaletcetera, the first "thunder-word" in Finnegans Wake, is a portmanteau of words for thunder from various different languages. The different languages fit in well with the Tower of Babel reference, and the Tower of Babel is one of many incidents in the Bible where God's wrath cuts Man down to size. It's about the Fall of Man, which is paralleled with the fall of Bygmester Finnegan, who is in the dream of the guilt-ridden father figure who is dreaming up the whole book. The book is so strangely written because he's dreaming. His dream goes through all history, and history is a nightmare from which he is trying to awaken.

Sounds pretty gnarly bro

He can use a dictionary, wow, so erudite.

This is literal proof that Joyce is trash and his followers are special snowflake faggots.

>>thunn
>thunder (english)

uhh

All the rest are similar asspulls, it's gibberish in which you see patterns that aren't there

we tried, friend.

>2017 Veeky Forums

saged

Read a book, nigger

congrats, you are an intellectual who deems that writing BBABAJJAHAH is great because it contains a reference to different languages. WOW amazing. How about that holtessotusiytmterm bet you can't get all the languages I have used in this word, right?
yeah fuck off

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPAPAPAPAP

give me my award for best short story

Sometimes I wonder whether this is lazy well read people trolling, but it just seems like such a waste of time. Good analysis btw, I liked it

the summer wind
came blowing in
from across the sea
it lingered there
to touch your hair
and walk with me
all summer long
we sang a song
and then we strolled, that golden sand
two sweethearts and the summer wind

READ A BOOK NIGGA A FUCKIN BOOK NIGGA

Any advice on how to start getting into Joyce?

read dubliners. very accessible, pretty "normal writing" but still great nonetheless. if you enjoy it, move on to portrait of the artist, still in the realm of "normal writing" but there is already some monologues and stream of consciousness, but again, its great.

Be an academic with no original thought of your own, treat the greatness of Joyce as an axiom and assign endless meaning to every word he has written. It's not about enjoyment, it's about finding complex patterns in his text to prove how clever you are. Oh, and don't even think you can read Joyce right away, start with the Greeks, then read all the major interpretations of his texts, and after you've understood the plot and the themes, you can attempt (and give up) reading the whole text.

holy kekeronni, you really are trying hard.

You're just ignorant of the state of academia today.

He can use the internets, wow what a fucking mongrel. Kill yourself, illiterate sperglord.

Embarrassing.

The kind of maggots who sperg out on /pol/ about le sjw and le joos are the likes of this cunt: illiterate, insecure, intellectually wasted. Slit your wrists and do your family a favour: despite their shortcomings, they shouldn't have to take care of a manchild-sized worm.

Virgin... easy on the edge

>It's not about enjoyment, it's about finding complex patterns in his text
>He doesn't enjoy finding complex patterns in his text

By the way, this doesn't take cleverness, it just takes a little research.

Brainlet... easy on the shitposting

That's a pretty cool picture of Joyce, desu.

Stop oozing vulgarity so much, Veeky Forums is a family friendly board

kys, faggot

Is there anything more pretentious, more attention-seeking?

>the plebs in this thread

>calling others plebs for being unable to defend your opinion

lole