I started counting calories recently and... good food has so many fucking calories...

I started counting calories recently and... good food has so many fucking calories. How does anyone manage to eat under 2000 a day?

I can get over 2000 before noon without even feeling it.

And it's not just good food. Literally even things like celery and shit still contain some nominal amount of calories. What's the point? I'd rather just stay fat.

How fucking fat are you OP? I'm 6 feet tall and I feel like I'm gonna be sick if I eat more than 2,000 calories in a day, I have to force myself

not OP but I'm 5'4" and by my estimates, probably close to 200 lb now

idk part of it's probably stress eating

if you pay attention to serving sizes (thereby eating less) and eat less processed bullshit then it's pretty damn easy to stay under 2kcal a day.

I'm 5' 11" and weighing in at about 290 these days. For lunch I might have a bag of chips and a sandwich or something. That right there is knocking on 2000 calories. And then dinner rolls around and I might have a 1500 calorie dinner. Boom, 3500 calories consumed without even batting an eye.

I don't have a psychological or physiological mechanism that tells me it's time to stop eating. I pretty much never feel full until I'm sick.

Exercise you fat fuck

Cut the chips you fat fuck

>celery
>nominal amount of calories
You’d have to eat like ten pounds of it

If you eat less sugar you don’t crave it as much, and not drinking anything with a lot of calories helps too. A lot of people don’t realize how many calories they take in with soda, alcohol or sweetened tea.

It’s your choice to stay fat. Just don’t expect us to respect you or not be disgusted whenever we see you. Be as fat as you want, just don’t think there won’t be consequences.

>eat more vegetables
>eat less overall
>drink water and wait 15 min when hungry between meals.
>eat a light healthy snack if still hungry
>prepare healthy snacks to avoid poor decisions

this is basic stuff you should already know.

>im too stupid/lazy to look up how many calories to consume and stick to it for a given target weight

>For lunch I might have a bag of chips and a sandwich or something. That right there is knocking on 2000 calories.
You’re supposed to eat a single size bag of chips, not the family size.

≈150 kcal per 12 oz of each of those beverages in case anyone was curious

You have insulin resistance most likely.

Try intermittent fasting, you'll be surprised at how little you need to feel full after that.

implement grains as your side instead of potatoes puree or white rice- they'll feel you up better and have lesser calories

>I don't have a psychological or physiological mechanism that tells me it's time to stop eating.

medically, you dont? Or do you just blow through huge meals in less time than it takes for your stomach to alert your brain that you're full (20 min), thus overeating and feeling sick? My guess is the latter. I'd say go on a 2-3 day water/coffee/tea fast and then try to change your diet. Pause before you start to make/buy any food and ask yourself if you're eating for fuel, or eating for entertainment/stimulation.

you might want to check your blood sugar. if you're diabetic/prediabetic, the glucose from the food you eat might not be making it into your cells, thus making you feel low-energy and hungry all the time. Are you constantly thirsty? Do you piss a lot?

I've got an underactive thyroid, it runs in the family. Unlike my parents, I'm not taking any medication for it. But even more than that, I just think that I'm emotionally reliant upon food for most/all of my stimulation and psychological reward.

I'm in the process of trying to fix that, which is why I started counting calories in the first place.

A pound of celery has like 10 calories. Kys op

This. And people somehow misunderstand what someone means by eating more veggies.

You can eat 500 gram of broccolli alone and it will only be like 150kcal. Add a piece of chicken with it and you have your evening meal under 500kcal easily.

Breakfast? drink a coffee or tea/water, and eat 2-3 boiled eggs. they fill up better than cooked eggs. Also without salt. they are fine without salt.

>Are you constantly thirsty? Do you piss a lot?
no and not really.

>feel you up
I wish

Not OP, but I am. I eat around 2.5k-3k a day. Rarely low energy but I do get hungry about every 2-3 hours. 6'2 175lbs

do you work out regularly?

Then you're a skellyman

I have a hard time eating more than 2000 a day

You're supposed to eat no chips, actually, because they're lazy empty calories.

I have a hard time eating over 1600 since I'm sedentary as fuck. Not sure how morbidly obese people are able to do it and chow down 3000-4000 cals a day, if not more.

>Bag of chips and a sandwich
>2000 calories
what the FUCK kind of chips and sandwiches have you been eating?

if youa re 6' and eating 2000 a day then you must weight about 160 lb at most?

if you are eating 3500 cal a day, start slow and reduce to 3000 cal a day for a week or two, then 2500, then 2000

if he is 6'2" then 2.5 to 3.0K cal a day makes sense for 175 pounds, even without working out

160 lbs for someone at 6' is a pretty healthy weight.

I eat like 1700 calories a day.

No sugary drinks, one big meal, a small meal, and a snack. Works fine for me.

1600 calories give or take in an 11 ounce bag of chips. And it's not hard to fit 400 calories into a sandwich

Serving size fucker. Also stay away from snacks. If you really want a snack have 1 piece of fruit or eat some unsalted nuts taking account of serving size. Snacks should stay below 200kcal but if you're fat and trying to lose weight then forget about snacks. Drink ONLY water or else you're downing empty calories. Example of empty calories, you can download your entire daily calories intake in minutes and still feel hungry later if you're not careful.

i'm not saying it's unhealthy you fucking idiot

I've been under 2000 for over a week and spending an hour in the gym most days. I feel kind of disgusted that I used to eat so much in one sitting, but I do miss not giving a fuck too. Taking responsibility for my health has just added one more thing to my list of shit I have to worry about on a daily basis.

don't gym yourself out. if you eat

It's for your own betterment user. Don't give up I believe in you.

I'm normally around 170 lbs

Well, going to the gym has been a real revelation for me. I like getting out of the house and the exercise improves my mood and helps my blood pressure/breathing. I'm not someone who had serious health problems in the first place, but as I get older I'm starting to feel them creep up on me.

Life is just kind of boring and tedious without all the beer and junk food thrown in, you know? I recognize how childish that sounds, so I'm fixing it. But still, I miss not giving a fuck. I miss getting blackout drunk on a tuesday night and spending $30 at burger king.

If I didn't care about my health, I'd be buzzed right now and probably eating a bucket of fried chicken or something. Instead I'm sitting here talking to you chuckleheads.

oh, i agree. I walk 14K steps a day. I just don't gym it

you would die in the wilderness

I'm in similar boat. Used to weight > 300 pounds. Am now 200. I know I should still lose weight, but I"ve mainted >100 lb weightloss for 6 years now

I know it's hard user but you'll get used to it. Don't go back to your old ways.

Chips are the soda of food.

They're practiclly calories incarnate.

That was just an example. Doesn't have to be chips, it could be any other kind of junk food, which I've since removed from my diet.

>drink ONLY water
this will make fatties relapse.

>going to the gym
is a meme for weight loss. a 100 calorie snack pack that you can easily eat in less than a minute, takes 11 min. of stair climbing to burn off. exercise is great for your health but if your goal is weight loss its MUCH more efficient to avoid the calories vs. eating them and then working them off.

Why not both? Also nobody eats just that.

if you want to lose weight just dont eat for a couple of weeks and supplement with kalium and salt (electrolytes)

after that just eat one meal a day with whatever you want to stay at your goal weight

and with intermittent fasting dont go 16/8 just go 23/1
16/8 barely fixes anything.

Was 285. Its really not that hard to count calories and drink alot of water..... been doing it for 2 months and im down to 250 now. i usually stay around 1200-1500 a day.

>35 pounds in only 2 months
Enjoy your excess skin and lack of muscle faggot.

I use some no calorie/no carb mix for my first bottle of water a day. It keeps me on track and its loaded with caffeine cause fuck it.

> I have zero muscle don't do any physical activty all day and im 5'6

Just cause you got that flap ass skin doesn't mean everyone does.

you can lose even more with fasting because your body will actually eat the skin for protein.

agreed.

calorie reduction the best for weightloss, gym has beneftis, but doing it for lsoing weight is fool's errand

you're a fucking idiot.

kalium is pottassium in english. are you german?

i do OMAD. once you get into the groove quite easy. During day I will have black coffee or straight up herbal tea.

yes, bu tlosing weight is better than not losing weight

>you can lose even more with fasting because your body will actually eat the skin for protein.
t. brofessor in paleo studies

You know you're only supposed to eat a handful of chips right? Like 10-15 chips. and I know that's not a lot but still.

t

What would be most useful for us is for you to list your exact meals for a day or two, just so we can give you pointers on what to cut or replace.

I dropped 30 lbs. in one month when I was 13 or so. I was exercise bulimic... Which is when you binge on exercise. Sometimes I would do intense cardio for 7 hours a day, no stopping. And then I'd go swimming laps for a couple hours after that. I ate... Virtually nothing. Now that I think about it, I might have been borderline anorexic. And when I did eat it was only very specific foods, I wouldn't allow myself to eat much of any dinner.

I really don't recommend that shit, and no one in good health should ever lose that kind of weight. Even if you're on that 600 lbs and counting show, you shouldn't lose so much so fast. One day I just fell over, and it's taking me kind of a lot of banging my head against the wall to get back into a gym.

Just watch your calories. Don't cut out carbs completely, but limit them. Watch out for animal fat, cook with good oils, and respect yourself.

/blog

>13 years old
>7 hours of "intense" cardio a day, no stopping
>then swimming laps for multiple hours

boy, if you think your view of your BODY was distorted...

I don't get it.

I'm saying that a 13 year old can't do 7 hours of "intense" cardio and then swim laps for multiple hours.

so it's either a lie, or a self-delusion.

Fine, fine, perhaps I was 14, it's been a while since I was a teenager... Anyway. It wasn't years and years of it. That was just the worst point. That was HOW I lost 30 lbs. in one month, which is... You know. Exactly what I said.

You realise you'd be much better off replacing that bag of chips with four sandwiches, right?

Or a smaller bag of chips (that won't be hard to find) and two additional sandwiches?

Fuck. Getting decent calories on a healthy diet is hard as fuck. I just counted and i'm basicly eating 700kcals a day.... if i keep this up my metabolism will be fucked and i wont lose any fat.

Bollocks to that, I lost 40 lbs unmedicated (Hashimoto's), then 25 more medicated. And now I'm literally stuffing myself to just get to maintenance because I've become literally underweight.

Eat more protein and less carbs. Carbs make you hungrier; protein is an appetite suppresant.

I eat 2300-2500 calories a day, I am 6'0, 25, and I cannot get above 126lbs.

Is this bad?
I walk about 4-6 miles per day and was anorexic for about 1 year and a half (I was 100lbs for a while)

You are a scholar, a gentleman, and a true American patriot.

Kinda this. when i stopped drinking a bottle of wine every night i lost a fuck ton of weight

That's why I fast if I'm going to eat something particularly delectable. I usually eat one big meal a day and then snacks like a serving of yogurt, or 1...emphasis on ONE... serving of a sweet or pastry.

I don't drink juices/soda and milk only for breakfast so i ont get those calories either. I also go to the gym. Its far more difficult to stay under 1200 calories than it is to reach 2000 however

>a bag of chips
you eat a family fuckign size bag of chips? normal bag of chips is 260 calories, kids size is 100, a family size nigga? you serious
the highest you'll get are a bag of combos which are 690 cal but that's literally lunch right there

You did not literally do 7 hours of intense cardio followed by several hours of swimming laps. At any age.
Why the fuck would you want to lie on an anonymous message board?

you need to eat more than that if you wanna gain weight. i'm

>good food has so many fucking calories. How does anyone manage to eat under 2000 a day?
They simply don't like eating food

>if i keep this up my metabolism will be fucked and i wont lose any fat.
that won't happen

>pic
>32oz
>a whole quart
>soy
>wheat

I make the same thing at home (nearly same, but much better tasting) and it is only like 32g of fat and 960cal. I also only eat like half that (16g/480cal) and that's only because it only uses whole milk, salt, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and sugar.

Eat to live, don't live to eat.

I will when I use it to glide down from the trees and fuck your ass, homo.

I'm 5'11" and 155lb and I start feeling bloated and sluggish past 2500 calories depending on the quality of food I eat. I drink beer and eat snacks every day and don't seem to put on any fat. That said, being fat is better for the women OP. Having mass, even if it's useless lard is better than being skinny.

one personal bag of chips has around 150 calories

you surely mean one of pic related bags

the secret is to eat significantly less.

OR

get a physical labour job or excercise

I can eat 3k cal a day and lose weight because I move heavy shit all day

>A lot of people don’t realize how many calories they take in with soda, alcohol or sweetened tea.

I absolutely do which is why I mostly drink iced tea, it has half as many calories as soft drinks.

Recovered anorexic here. I lost over 9 pounds in less than three weeks eating 550-650 calories a day. It’s not hard at all if you force yourself to basically only eat fruits and veggies with the occasional half serving of whole grain crackers or brown rice.

>For lunch I might have a bag of chips and a sandwich or something.

eat half the bag of chips and slightly reduce sandwich size

>dinner rolls around and I might have a 1500 calorie dinner.

more normal than you'd think for dinner but I'm sure you could cut that down easy.

cut out 1/3 of your food and you're allready sitting around 2250 calories.

I WANT YOU TO THINK I'M NOT FAT OH GOD user HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Not that user but is brown rice a meme? What are good alternatives for sides that aren't as calorically dense?

t. mealcuck

>How does anyone manage to eat under 2000 a day?
small portions

Man I wish I could get back on the calorie counting meme again.

I was doing fine and I cut out soda completely but I just can't resist fast food and now i've started drinking a lot of energy drinks. Only during meals, though, I dunno, it feels wrong to eat a meal without a proper 'drink'.

I need to find something as easily portioned as cans of drinks, I try drinking juice and shit but I end up going through the bottle in like a day.

I'm poor as shit so when I have nothing I eat under maintenance but it means whenever I can i'll eat tons of garbage and ruin it because I can't resist when i'm usually eating a bowl of rice a day.

Seriously though, I just binged this weekend after I was doing really well on my cut, what are some tried and true tips for staying full but under 2000 kcals? Drink a fuckton of water? Fruits and veggies and non calorie dense foods? Are there any like, mind over matter tips on this shit? I just end up only eating like once a day so I can feel full at least a bit, then all I can think about is the next meal until it comes. It's fucking with my productivity, desu, because I just get lost in thought drooling over what I'm gonna eat the next day.

Try unsweetened green tea.

I drink a lot of black coffee, and those zero calorie water flavour squirters. Also greens. Assuming you don't put dressing or anything on 3 cups of spinach is only like 30 calories.

The biggest thing for me is avoiding things that reference food. I'm usually ok not eating but if I come to this board or watch a cooking show or something it just makes me want to eat.

3 cups raw or cooked?