What are some jobs/careers that let you read on the clock?

What are some jobs/careers that let you read on the clock?
I've been working a job that I can get away with reading at and I've gotten used to it, and I want to know if there is anything out there that would let me read on the job without worrying about getting fired.

Parking attendant, if you don't mind poverty.

Security guard nightshift is probably your best and most realistic bet.

I’m a paramedic and can down a hundred pages or so on a slow shift.

any job that lets you read is going to be low-paying; there isn't much economic value in self-improvement.

Bridge keeper. You'll get to sit on your ass and read all day. Only have to get up every once in a while to open the bridge.

I dont care, I never said anything about high paying.

Wouldn't recommend this. The random interruptions and divided attention aren't conducive to reading. I worked a call center in college and the killing two birds with one stone aspect was great for homework but that was mostly stuff I didn't want to read in the first place so interruptions didn't bother me.

>not just getting NEETbux

Not exactly reading in the physical sense, but I am a part time tractor driver, and when doing easier task I always have a podcast or audiobook running via the AUX on the stereo. Sometimes I get 5+ hours of listening in a day.

I plan on building a shack in the woods and I'm going to live there and read all day.

I work the night shift for a grocery store, I listen to audiobooks most of the shift. My reading has tripled since I was unemployed. Today I listened to Kants groundwork for a metaphysics of morals.

I can't down a hundred pages even in my free time. Tips for helping ADD?

Librarian

Cashier, but at a locally-owned establishment. If the place is corporate they'll give you all kinds of unnecessary bullshit to take care of during downtime.

this has been working for me. work at a liquor store, if i get a shift like 9am on a wednesday, i can read with few interruptions until things start picking up around noon.

i've also found this to be the case, however. if reading is the most important thing in your life, to the point that it dictates your choice of job, either get paid to read for a living by becoming an academic or a researcher for a company; or get a job that pays well enough that you can afford to work short hours. although i read a lot on and off the clock at my liquor store job, it's pretty much the only positive thing in my shitty life right now.

>helping ADD
discipline is sadly the only answer.

I sip energy drinks and listen to the Skyrim soundtrack. I also am hugely insecure of people thinking I’m a prole, so it’s running away from that.

I think locally owned places are your best bet. For a while I worked at a finance place for home-loans and I would probably work an accumulated max of one hour per day. Seven hours of nothing.

It was a part-time job with minimum wage but hey.

prugrammer

or dee jay

>DJ
>Job

why not

or serial killah

I do about 70 pages a day at my job in a cute little hotel gift shop.

I also get free coffee, pastries, candy and sometimes food. Plus discounted hotel rooms and $3 meals. It's pretty comfy

i work a meme tier office job and get paid 15/hr (i don't live in a city so this is a comfortable salary for me) to mostly listen to music and read

Night Porter.

Surprised no one else has mentioned it yet.

Armed robber

PhD

Marry someone who has a job and be a housewife/house husband.

I'm a night supervisor at a college library, all I do is read or play vidya or watch Netflix. I have a vast collection of texts sacred and profane at my disposal whenever I'm on the clock, too.

If you work as a carer for 12 hour shifts then theres bound to be some brief moments when you're alone and can read, in between cleaning up tards that are incontinent