Have you ever attended a book burning?

Have you ever attended a book burning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ptg2Vma-LIk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. One night my family seized upon my bedroom; my mother, sister and brother set my diary alight, as my father and his brother, my uncle, restrained me.

In 2012 my home town closed the local library and decided the best thing to do was to publically burn the books; something like 250,000 were burned in the square. Thankfully I moved in 2008 to university so I didn't actually witness it.
Also around then they segregated public swimming pools and the like for Muslims and closed museums, and this was in the UK.
Given the obvious lack of culture in the town I doubt many good books were lost but still bizzare.

No because I would probably lose my shit.
I unironically tear up just hearing about books/art being destroyed and couldn't even watch those videos of ISIS niggers destroying ancient art/history. It made me feel physical pain.

Been thinking about starting one here for a while. Pick your least favourite, post a pic of the cover and throw it into the fire

too loud a solitute

Why? Genuine question. I admire you for having that strong of a connection to historical things.

Botticelli threw his own paintings into the bonfire.

Book burnings are one of the most Veeky Forums things that you can do. I'll never respect a reader who doesn't have a positive view of book burnings.

>I unironically tear up just hearing about books/art being destroyed
spotted the numale

Dunno, I guess just the thought of history/knowledge just being erased makes me feel really fucking awful. I also feel sick when thinking about all the knowledge we've lost about groups of people that no longer exist, or ones that have had all their history erased and we don't even know we know nothing about them. Feels bad.

fuck off cunt, I tear up over shit that makes me emotional because I'm a human, doesn't mean I'm not ashamed of being a pussy bitch when I'm alone. fuck you

pass the soy bro you've had enough

*holds you*

if you don't stop being mean I'm gonna tell my mom to call your mom and tell her you're a bad person

>It made me feel physical pain.
prepare your anus

What the fuck

I used to work in border control. I've incinerated a few thousand books that were confiscated from travellers for being blacklisted from entry.

Lel, what fucking Border was that? North Korea?

American. Free speech doesn't apply to imports.

My diary desu

youtube.com/watch?v=ptg2Vma-LIk

no but I've burned books before

What a retarded cunt

This would be good literature, reminds me of the chapter where they burn Don Quixote's books

I burned a copy of Enders Game when I was drunk. I don't regret it.

Wow, I didn't know the UK was so backwards.

I'd be willy to attend if they were burning only works of continental philosophy, sociology, and cultural studies. Can't think of anything else that deserves it.