What is the difference between analytic and continental philosophy?

What is the difference between analytic and continental philosophy?

The only real distinction, I thought, was the advent of logic that became increasingly positivist until analytic philosophy started breeding with the natural sciences.

Conti has mainly stayed with the humanities, since, well, it is the humanities.

analytic philosophy is autistic nitpicking over what grounds we have for meaning

continental philosophy gives guidelines for living a human life, it's therapeutic as Wittgenstein put it

the majority of "continental" philosophy post WWII seems to be psychoanalysis bullshit
the real difference is that a bunch of people said "everything I don't like is continental and everything I like is analytical"

Sadler is such a sweetheart

>the majority of "continental" philosophy post WWII seems to be psychoanalysis bullshit
What is literally the entire field of sociology? There is nothing about psychoanalysis in there. Zizu is the only conti I know who actually has a degree in psychoanalysis... If anyone else talks about it, it's to make a point or to examine it - which is, you know, the point of philosophy.

>sociology is philosophy
uh

Sociology is influenced by every Conti philosopher: Marx, Foucault, etc., etc.

To be fair, sociology is absolutely shot through with the influence of Frenchmen and Germans who either did their these du doctorat in Philosophy or otherwise are conventionally considered philosophers, or within the tradition of "social thought."

The split began with the "linguistic turn" in philosophy, where language, as the foundation of all philosophy, came under attack.

Analytic philosophy tries to defend language and to create an environment where it is still applicable in the search for truth.

Continental philosophy mostly accepts the deficiencies of language and instead analyzes the properties of a post-truth-through-language World.

Who are the philosophers that tried to defend the language?

Frankly there isn't a whole lot of use to be gotten out of basically any philosophy from the last 200+ years. There have been some strong prosaists who have garnered varying degrees of support but I tend to see these occurrences as reactionary, especially with regards to almost everything out of continental philosophy. If you are a big brain user read the classics, the rest is mostly a rehash or rephrasing of what you can find in Plato and to a lesser extent Aristotle/Plotinus etc

Small brain anons will disagree

Laster ned wish nå, er på budsjett

They're nonsensical categories devised by the Analytics (Anglo-Saxons) who didn't understand what the Germans were talking about because they were poor readers of the Greeks, so they figured it was all crap and philosophy ought to start with the Enlightenment. The rest is history.

нихyя нeт paзнитcы бpoтaн

You're so full of yourself

Continentals are the "I fucking love science!" fags of philosophy. They love the idea of philosophy as long as it's big ideas that blow your mind, but quickly lose interest in any attempt to just build a good, solid theory that isn't trying to turn the world on its head or reinvent the wheel.

Continental: Kikes
Analytical: Pseuds

>I fucking love science
>continentals
Why do retarded 13 year olds like you insist on engaging on something they don't understand one bit?

Analytical philosophy: most of the films are a representation of reality

Continental philosophy: films deplace our way or Being by creating a phantasmagoria of desires and intents.

Analytical: dry snoozefest with zero implications for the real World

Continental: unscientific entertainment with zero connection to the real World

this is how i'd put it. Although I do think that analytic philosophy has some merit. Continental philosophy is more interesting though.