Daily reminder if your literary theory is not grounded in an objective, immutable...

Daily reminder if your literary theory is not grounded in an objective, immutable, transcendent truth you have no basis by which to critique anything, to discern talent from incompetence, right from wrong, beauty from ugliness, etc. and you're probably not even self-aware yet.

you can't just believe in things because they're convenient and because you happen to like the idea of them

why not?

>can't just believe what you like
ya that's why you need to find the actual, objective, unchanging truth, like OP said. Then you conform to it.

i agree OP. allahu akbar!

This fucker has a fucking shrine in his room. Kill yourself, go meet your imaginary friends.

he can't, if he kills himself he'll face his imaginary bullies

My literary theory is grounded in me

you sound like you got bullied at church

>le hat man
Ha! This one always gets me, I LOL'd.

I really like those little pictures.

You sound like you're planning next sunday's shooting.

>little pictures
thanks, they're called icons, and they're not "art" contrary to popular misconception. They are windows into the divine realm, they help one remember God.

the recent shooter was atheist, who had mark twain fedora quotes on his twitter.
his wife and kids were christian tho, maybe she tried to convert him but that clearly didn't work

t. your ass

if anything the edgy atheist who is mad at icons will be the next shooter

Mad at icons? I just think that it's retarded to have 20 of them on your desk.

are you implying that you arent mad? because you are

This Catholicism trend is so weird.

Of course I am, I hear god's voice every morning.

Objectivity is to be strive for and can never be confirmed by human understanding to the degree that theory can be grounded on some base assumptions. The base is to be always questioned in order that we come closer to truth - just as doubt is the only manner to reveal the truth of God.

Pragmatism, Learned Judgement, Scepticism.

t. numale who jerks off 6 times daily but thinks he'll become Chad some day