Psychoanalysis Thread

So, I've just picked up the Penguin Freud Reader and Wolf Man (Great Ideas) - and found that the latter was already compiled in the former! Anyway, I wanted to discuss psychoanalysis after first reading "An Outline of Psychoanalysis". It seems intriguing. What is Veeky Forums's position on Freud, and, for that matter, his conclusion that a man who has nightmares about white wolves in a walnut tree is suppressing a memory of him walking in on his parents fucking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O7dtM3XFvy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Freud? More like Fraud!

Hah! I did it again!

Keep it scholarly.

What works are in the Penguin Freud Reader?

(((Fraud)))

Dear OP, before we continue, could you please describe, in detail, how your relationship with your mother is?

>An Outline of Psychoanalysis
>The Splitting of the Ego in Defence Processes
>Letter to Roman Rolland (A Disturbance of Memory on the Acropolis
>Constructions in Analysis
>Fetishism
>Negation
>Note on the 'Magic Notepad'
>'Psychoanalysis' and 'Libido Theory'
>Beyond the Pleasure Principle
>From the History of an Infantile Neurosis [The 'Wolf Man']
>Mourning and Melancholia
>Lapses
>Observations on Love in Transference
>On the Psychology of the Grammar-school Boy
>On the Introduction of Narcissism
>Remembering, Repeating, and Working Through
>Contributions to the Psychology of Erotic Life

Pretty good, nearly 600 pages for $20 on BookDepository.

Strained. I barely see her because our lifestyles are so different. She is a bourgeois employer while I am a syndicalist student. I think there were times when I did... watch her undress. I think there was something Oedipal going on.

I want her to stomp on my pathetic bollocks in those heels, putting her full weight on my balls till they rupture and then let her spit on my face, call me a worthless excuse of a man and laugh at me.

Lucky for you that the photo was taken on her 18th. Completely legal. Godspeed!

Just what I thought, penis envy. A severe case too.

patrician
is ballbusting the most Veeky Forums fetsh?

Daily reminder that the Oedipus complex doesn't exist

Bullshit, my mom is hot af.

Penis envy is for girls.

>Penis envy is for girls.
EXACTLY

Holy...

but your subconscious has yet to truly realize that the mother lacks a phallus.

I envy the phantom phallus? Oh dear. I may as well be castrated.

why girls are so sexie today? look at her tits and her ass dude. she is so pretty yep. she have a greateful body. she is a miracle. she is soo fucking sexie. why dem wanna only be sexual object of mans? what fred did wrote about it? what about charlie wanstein geit?

Read Dianetics: the modern science of mental health by L Ron Hubbard

someone pls post jezebels

You want to see jezebels? Or, you want that god forsaken pasta?

OH MY BLAKK QWEEN I LUV U SO MUCH

want moar?

>BRRRRRAPAPAP

WHERE IS AMADIAH? MY DARK ARABICK EGIPT PRINCESS :3

I HATE XXXTENSION

Jesus, I get there's a whole thing on instagram with #melanin but you don't have to pretend every photo of a conventionally attractive black person is like that

what's with that fucking outfit? Did she become the next dread pirate roberts or something?

As you wish

Games people play by Berne is more fun to read. It gives actual scenarios that you have definitely seen in your life. This allows you to gain a deeper understanding of how the subconscious affects your actions while reading Freud is just a bunch of theory

What's the purpose of electrocuting people?

That's my sister's picture, removed it immediately.

Does anyone else find it kind of strange that when you look at a girl she is really the same as a man just with a slightly different shaped body? And when you realize this you're sort of turned off from them the same way you're unattracted to men? Like how different is a woman's leg or arm from a man's really. It has maybe one or two curves which give it a different shape but JUST slightly, and other body parts might have even less of a difference, like an arm or a shoulder blade. You're really just attracted to a "feminine-looking" human form, but what is that, really? It's a thing that could have become a man but it sort of grew opposite to a man and became a womanish thing. Does anyone get what I'm saying here?

Does anyone else find it kind of strange that when you look at a girl she is really the same as a dog just with a slightly different shaped body? And when you realize this you're sort of turned off from them the same way you're unattracted to dogs? Like how different is a woman's coat of fur from a dog's really. It has maybe one or two curves which give it a different shape but JUST slightly, and other body parts might have even less of a difference, like an arm or a shoulder blade. You're really just attracted to a "human-looking" mammal form, but what is that, really? It's a thing that could have become a dog but it sort of grew opposite to a dog and became a womanish thing. Does anyone get what I'm saying here?

Does anyone else find it kind of strange that when you look at a girl she is really the same as a dog just with a slightly different shaped body? And when you realize this you're sort of turned off from them the same way you're unattracted to dogs? Like how different is a woman's coat of fur from a dog's really. It has maybe one or two curves which give it a different shape but JUST slightly, and other body parts might have even less of a difference, like an arm or a shoulder blade. You're really just attracted to a "human-looking" mammal form, but what is that, really? It's a thing that could have become a dog but it sort of grew opposite to a dog and became a womanish thing. Does anyone get what I'm saying here?

No the most Veeky Forums fetish is autistic asexual appreciation of feminine form

Can you atleast be funny if you're going to ruin a thread

Are you a dog? (White girls fuck dogs)

This thread was ruined even before it left OP fingertips

Rude.

WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO WITH THESE JEZEBELS? My one single wish is to be left to my own asexual devices, free from the thorned grip of perverse tempation, unclouded or swayed in my noble search for intellectual playthings of the mind, yet by your hand I am endlessly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will these hands ever feel a woman's swaying weight in their open palms? Will I ever know a plump, ruby pair of lips perched betwixt my shoulder and my ear, whispering "I want you, I want you now" in that chocolatey croon I know so well from dreamtime? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole, indicating the completed unity of our unhinged sexual impulses?

Life is a constant hell. Day in and out the tired red eyes glaze in some attempt to shield me from these images. I am floating in the blistering heat of my id's vacuum, castrated and blinded by my wretched libido. No wonder I resent women so.

It's hard to appreciate the female form in that way if the woman is a nonvirgin, I think.

And…………the hero's journey is complete.

Are you a dog? (White girls fuck dogs)

The amount of retards who think that "but I don't wanna fuck my mom!" or "but I don't wish I had a penis!" is a valid refutation to ANYTHING Freud EVER wrote makes me sick

How about you actually read him before believing you're in any sort of place to critique him

I love this post. I'm also interested in what Fred wrote and I intend on fapping to this image later, thanks OP.

This is absolutely true and you added even more credence to my PURELY AESTHETIC appreciation of young girls

You'll probably need her butt.
>Inb4 Joycean fart letters

Thanks mate, and you're not too late but the original pic honestly did it more for me. Thanks anyway.

> The virgin Psychoanalyst
> The chad Schizoanalyst

youtube.com/watch?v=O7dtM3XFvy4

Freud was a fraud.

t. Dan Schneider

>not her getting angry that you couldn't handle her weight so she starts stomping on your cock
step it up user

your "sister" is a slag

you sound low test desu

One of my numberless erotic fantasies is to date some girl who is into psychoanalysis and then fuck it out--healthily, therapeutically--resolving multiple complexes in the process.

It's my view that future centuries will see Freud like we see Plato, someone whose ideas influenced our thought and worldview so profoundly that we don't even perceive their full effect yet.

It remains true that his words and thoughts have a cutting profundity that one simply does not find elsewhere. They really shine with the unmistakable light of genius. Out of the whole turn of the century central European crowd (already overstuffed with worldbeaters), I think Kafka alone had the same depth of insight into the human soul.

Women are a symptom of man, my dude.

You niggers made me watch the film again. Is the book any good?

My dad loves the book, but he lent it to a family friend before I could get to it. I, myself, love the movie. Go for the book, user.

the book doesn't have the Fred Savage framing device, in the movie the grandpa is reading the book itself to the kid. But the tone of the book is exactly what you'd expect from the movie, it's a funny and charming book in my humble opinion

Oh wow, Tammy from "Bob's Burgers" came to life.

Does the reader have essays and such from contemporary writers helping to explain things clearly to the reader? I'm trying to read Carl Jung and would appreciate something that can explain it clearly as I have never studied Psychology at Uni or College.

It has an introduction. That's about it. I think the only real way to get Freud is to read him and the Freudians.

Wesley Willis in unironically the worst musician in all of history

Shiiiiiieeeet ain't nobody givin a brother no sauce?

the longer texts in the freud reader are heinously excerpted

>his conclusion that a man who has nightmares about white wolves in a walnut tree is suppressing a memory of him walking in on his parents fucking?
Why would you believe such obvious bullshit.

The Wolf Man section is the same as my book version, I checked, but they're both Penguin.

Freud's theories, while profoundly influential, have little to no empirical support and have been all but wiped away in modern psychology by cognitive and behavioral therapies like REBT or ABA. Psychoanalysis is nearly extinct and research doesn't support its efficacy. No serious psychologist uses his stages of development, theory of mind, dream analysis, etc... Anymore

Freudian literary criticism is god tier, however. And his ideas are superbly interesting.

Insta: oliwiajade_z

the cognitive Juwe

God damn, Cary Elwes was hot in his day.

If you are going to read Freud you need to consistently remind yourself of the fact he was a Jewish supremacist and he disliked gentiles and gentile culture.

Jung is better and has far more depth.

I prefer the Gay reader myself. Wolf man is interesting but little hans is more informative for someone just getting into it. No pun intended.

is jung really psychoanalysis though? i don't really know the difference between that and analytic psychology

yes, but it has a different goal and processes

If that's a fetish then I'm guilty as charged.

Analytic psychology- behaviorists and cognitive psychologists

Other psychology- frued et al. Human centered psychology, existenial psychology etc...