Rofl

the left cant meme, we can though LMFAO my sides

settle down

>there can be no poetry after the destruction of the midianites
>there can be no poetry after the third Punic war
>there can be no poetry after Genghis Khan
>there can be no poetry after tamerlane
>there can be no poetry after the Wei-Jie war

This. Jews always bitch about that holocaust or whatever it's called. Bunch of drama queens.

>I watched my father get eaten to death by a pack of wild dogs while men who only a few years ago I called my friends and neighbors laughed. They forced my mother into medical experiments which left her insane after the Russians liberated us. She spent the last 5 years of her life in an insane asylum. I still to this day do not have full use of my left arm and hand because an officer beat it when I stole a piece of bread from his office. It makes it hard to drive and hold down a job. I still wake up with night terrors.
>lolfucking drama queen

Maybe because it's happened within living memory it's more fucking relevant than conquests that happened millenia ago.

pics or it didn't happen

Didn't stop their poets though

>Fuck all the kikes and fuck all the jews
>They control all the media, even the news
>Only once they are dead can my people be free
>Achtung, kamerad, careful with the Zyklon B

did i just prove him wrong?

No, see and git gud

>Holocaust
Stop this meme

My opinion is that all contemporary (and post WW2) "poets" are essentially halaucaust denires or just very ignorant people. Moreover, rhymed verse might still exist but it is not poetry anymore. Poetry died in the fires of two world wars.

>it was real in my mind

Particularly the fires which were unleashed by the Allies over Dresden.

seems like it

What's his opinion on the Todesfuge? He must have written about it. Anyway, in a sense he was right, for a few decades all German literature was a reaction to the holocaust. There's a book called Über die Herrschaft der Griechen über die Deutschen or something, it's basically about how Germans were for a long time obsessed with Greek antiquity, which really limited their thinking. Well the same thing happened with WWII, but it's pretty much over now.

He was right in the sense that you can no longer write the mellifluous pastoral poetry or 'pure' poetry of the kind you saw in the 19th century and before it, but wrong in the sense that people like Auden, Hecht, Hill, etc, all adressed the 20th century pretty well using similar equipment.

The thing is the pure/pastoral poetry now all contains a tinge of darkness or strikes us as kind of quaint whether we like it or not. That wasn't the case beforehand. That's the sense it was meant in.

I don't think that's singularly down to the Holocaust though, the 20th Century was a mechanized orgy of bloodshed and terror the world over.

jej

You can still write 'pure' pastoral poetry, but its harder. WCW still did it.

You're right but Adorno says it this way to make it an epigram, firstly, but secondly because the holocost is the event that brings the bloodbath into the public consciousness.

And WCW is very different. (Even peculiar.) There's a reason he has to be different in the way he is, and that's what Adorno is getting at.

That's fair, I just meant that is isn't necessarily dark (and maybe also that a lot of romantic pastoral stuff was dark in the first place)

good post

DACHAU BLUES, DACHAU BLUES

No he's retarded. I doubt people will even remember the Holocaust 600,000 years from now.

He is quite often quoted wrongly. He said: "It is barbaric to write poetry after Auschwitz."

Which means you can, in fact, still write poetry, but no longer based on the ideals of the Enlightenment or any other belief in the pure/transcendental goodness or benevolence of humanity.

those poor jews

They were the first and only people to die :(

kys

Never again.

try 20 years, non-jewish millennials have stopped caring about it already.

Its not about their religion.

This. Why does /pol/ retards always quote out of context

>muh /pol/ boogeyman

"It is barbaric to write poetry after Auschwitz." is even more infuriating from a /pol/acks point of view considering it shows the extreme levels of audacity and self importance of jews.
Everyone looking at Jewish history with a critical eye aren't from /pol/

that's because polfags can only look at things through their jew-colored lenses. regular people consider jews actual human beings, just like them, so to regular people the holocaust was a massacre of human beings, not jews.
pol is too obsessed with jews

It's /pol/ because /pol/ doesn't read, and anyone who reads knows that Adorno didn't mean whatever retarded shit these people are spouting

>so to regular people the holocaust was a massacre of human beings, not jews.
I think to most people it's only about Jews since that's how it's normally presented in popular media.

>regular people consider jews actual human beings, just like them

Celan killed himself because he agreed tho.

>so to regular people the holocaust was a massacre of human beings, not jews.
No, the holocaust is always about Jews. That's why it is called the Holocaust and differentiate from WWII. It is intrinsically woven within modern Judaism and Zionist politics.

I grew up in a very Jewish area and learned all about the Holocaust year-after-year. A Holocaust monument was recently built in our capital city, and you'd be a fool to think it is about anything other than the Jewish victims: holocaustmonument.ca/

Topkek
>Tfw the lolocaust

>regular people consider jews actual human beings
>Be me
>Be not some sheltered bourgie kid who spends too much time on the internet
Weird how most minorites I know , especially Arab Muslims I know, actually hate Jews?

STILL CRYIN' BOUT THE BURNING BACK IN WORLD WAR TWOOO

And pretty much most Europeans prior to the 20th century

see
>kicked out of European countries hundreds of times throughout the centuries

But no, you see, ONLY muh /pol/ boogeyman is capable of such views.

>while men who only a few years ago I called my friends and neighbors laughed.
#trolled

still crying bout the burnings back in world war two

one mad man, six million lose