Kek

he wouldve been more polite about it.

the rabbit was fat.

is this a facebook commie meme defaced by a disgruntled phil undergrad?

Isn't it nice to have such distinguished taste in memes? Just think of the hordes of normal people going to discotheques and drinking alcoholic beverages, having underage sex. They probably wouldn't even understand this one.

when the internet wasn’t truly accessible to everyone

Looks like it. Philbook is full of this hyper aggressive gloating. Non-existent existential memes are shit, go like Anglosphere Speedy ZOOM ZOOM Accelerationist in the

When he wake up he has a surprise lol

fucking hate facebook

You're so unique :3 No one says that on Veeky Forums at all, because it's not like they're fucking losers :D

I like it as a barometer for the death of memes. Once something shows up on my feed I know, definitively, never to post it again.

I'm in a class where some people have said some snide things about Plato and how he said in The Republic that the "right" stories should be told. Basically, some people villainize for censorship. I don't think that's fair, but I'm not sure if it's fine criticism. Seems like things would have been at such a smaller scale back then, even in Plato's mind.

If Donald Trump wants my support he can start by ordering the execution of every freshmen in a philosophy 101 class who shares memes on facebook.

He does go full autism with the censorship though.

this entire post

I haven't read The Republic yet, but it just sounded kind of naive. Maybe it's worth it to criticize, but if only they've read The Republic which I doubt they have.

This thread may work. I've read the 5 classic dialogues (Euthyphro, Crito, Mino, Apology and Phaedo) and Gorgias, but what should I move onto next? I'd really like to tour the Greek philosophers. I even went back and read a little out of a pre-Socratics book, but the format on Kindle was kind of annoying so I don't think I'll read that for now.

You're so unique :3 No one says that on Veeky Forums at all, because it's not like they're fucking losers :D
belittling Veeky Forums losers :P

then maybe read it before giving your hot opinions about it

Well he does argue for 'censorship' in the Republic. Very short summary: kids shouldn't be exposed to Homer and Hesiod because they don't show the gods and heroes as exclusively good and moral (you know what I mean if you are familiar with the Iliad and/ord Odyssey). Plato thinks exposing people to 'bad art' doesn't raise good citizens.

If you've read those 6 dialogues (it's Meno by the way, not Mino) you are more than ready to read the Republic next.

It's a bit naive of you by the way to criticize those people for talking about Plato when you haven't read the source material yourself.

I didn't give an opinion on it though...

Thanks for the advice. I may just move onto The Republic in full then.

I know that thinking to criticize others over my skepticism towards the soundness and foundations of their own criticisms, based on the idea they haven't read a text like myself, and have not enough experience to say things either way, is sort of reckless. I wouldn't die to state it, so it wasn't really a big idea in my head anyway.