Question for Americans

Question for Americans: I'm an Australian who has to move to Oakland, California in a month for work. Do you sell these contraptions at stores in America or do I need to bring mine along and get a down voltage convertor? Wikipedia article for reference: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_iron

Thanks for your help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Nnzw_i4YmKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you'll be murdered on the BART within a week.

We sell them.

>move to Oakland, California

Nah, don't. It's a crime-ridden shithole. You're going to be mugged and murdered. I'd rather be unemployed than accept a transfer to fucking OAKLAND. I would slap my boss in the face for even suggesting such a thing. Anyway, you can order any sort of consumer kitchen item off of Amazon, so it doesn't particularly matter, since it's all made in China anyway.

>Oakland
Good luck.

You know what the longest bridge in the world is?
The Bay Bridge; it connects Africa to Fairyland.

Oakland doesn't seem that bad...
I'll buy a George Foreman/Panini Press if I have to, assuming their still sold.

they're

I'm not going to hang in the ghetto bits, I'm probably living in Piedmont.

>Oakland doesn't seem that bad...

You're dreadfully, naively wrong.

Even if you're not living in the ghetto you're still going to have to enter it on a regular basis and the vast majority of Oakland closely resembles the opening scene of Demolition Man. It's almost South Africa-tier.

You even live there?

I mean, it's America. Not Somalia. Trump can just tell Brown to send the National Guard in if shit goes haywire.

why the fuck would you ever want to live in Oakland? The bay area is pozzed as fuck in general but that's the worst part of it.

A lot of you guys seem to hate Oakland because it's full of impoverished...african/latino americans. Fine. Where can I buy a toastie maker? Walmart?

>brown
>doing anything but finding more things to tax

Hey, he doesnt JUST tax shit, he's also trying to ban everyone's guns.

>implying brown would cooperate with a republican

it's full of broke artisinal hipsters, HIV positive spillover from Berkeley, but mostly Jamal.

Just buy one on amazon. Also have fun with 110v 20A appliances, they suck dick versus 220

>Also have fun with 110v 20A appliances, they suck dick

Yeah, I hear it's a pain in the ass to boil water with an electric kettle

We hate it because its one of the worst places in the U.S. riddled with crime the proudly ignorant and uneducated. We arent mad that they are poor we are mad because they blame their skin color as the reason that they are poor and instead of going to work they just want to take the money you worked for and have 10 kids without a father and take drugs and drink all day thus perpetuating the cycle.
Also you can buy anything in the world via the internet since 2005
Pic related its you

Delivery is usually free if your willing to wait a week if you buy one online in the US. But yes they sell them in walmart/target. I think theyre called sandwich makers there.

Fair enough. Thanks for your suggestions and I'll get at 110v toastie maker off Amazon when I get a yankie credit card. And Amazon Prime too if it's worth it.

Another question that is actually Veeky Forums related - How's the city water? Mineral soft or hard? Should I get a water filter for my kitchen sink?

Walmart/Target too. Thanks for the answer

Always filter it, in all U.S. cities water is FUCKED especially if you live in an older building. Its probably going to be cloudy and full of parasites, it might be better to just use bottled water instead I wouldn't risk drinking it. If you dont live in a city you should be able to drink the water with no problems.

>full of parasites

They don't chlorinate their water supplies?

total meme. most us city water is fine.

taste is going to depend on your neighborhood and building plumbing. a carbon filter is a good idea.

what are you talking about
most american water is perfectly safe from the tap

for that matter oakland is not the terrible ghetto everyone here whos never been are making it out to be

t. californian

We do. That user is just memeing or he literally lives in Flint.

Even flint water doesn't have parasites in it. The lead kills them all.

Yeah, we sell them.
I'd also recommend that you buy a gun and try to get a CCW permit though, even though it's unreasonably difficult in commiefornia. Or a taser. But you're in America now, why wouldn't you want a gun?

Final questions for Oakland/Cali bros: How's the cost of living for groceries, electricity, movie tickets etc?

Also, now that weed's legal, do certain public streets smell like stale weed like they apparently do in Portland, Seattle, etc?

This might not be a question for you to answer; but are H1-B Worker Visa holders like myself even allowed to get pistols/concealed carried? I'd like to fire an automatic weapon for the experience, but I have a feeling I'll have to cross the border to Nevada and go to one of those tourist ranges.

Don't listen to these sheltered fucks. Even if they are from California there's a good chance they don't live in Oakland. I'm a 135lbs skinny white boy and literally never had a single problem.
It's expensive, because lolCalifornia. It smells more like homeless people than weed. You'll run into more people asking for money than you will smoking pot.

They may have those in America but you won't have proper baked beans for filling.

But that's more Socal, right? And I'd imagine Oakland has less tourists so a different type of homeless begging population?

I thought they loved baked beans...?

Yeah, it's just a bunch of crack addicts. Truly man, you'll be fine. Just don't go looking for a fight, keep your head up (don't space out while walking around etc.) and you'll be fine. It's probably going to be a culture shock, but like any other place they're people.

American baked beans are sickly sweet and the less said about putting bits of meat in (that aren't small sausages) the better.

Thanks, man.
Bloody hell. They don't have HFCS in them, do they?

who cares how they sweeten them? I say this as a born and bred american, our baked beans are sugary SHIT.

>why wouldn't you want a gun

Do I even need one?

>Final questions for Oakland/Cali bros: How's the cost of living for groceries, electricity, movie tickets etc?
The Bay Area is one of the most expensive places to live in the entire country

we got em and as for the rest of you the fuckers an aussie he will be fine

>unreasonably difficult in commiefornia

I live in Cali and loads of people own guns and conceal carry. Stop making shit up.

whats funny about you white guys is that if you ever just went outside for once and acted like a normal human being you can coincide. the major murders and crimes are all gang related bullshit stop being pussies. face reality you fucks, no wonder your race is dying and is an international joke now a days

Butt-blasted black boi detected. Enjoy being enslaved and picking cotton again when the Chinese take over.

lol im a spic who looks arab I have my own people denying my race until I speak spanish and they cant. your obsession with that black race fuels this shit you dumb fuck but go on and keep playing into ((())) you guys will win this time right?

They sent you to oakland? Holy fuck they hate you.

Don't listen to this retard. I literally lived 2 minutes from compton and was never mugged. I've never even seen a gun.

Piedmont is a very nice part of Oakland. I've never heard a pie iron, but you can order anything off of Amazon. If a pie iron is the same as a panini press or George foreman, yeah you'll be able to get them at any store.
Cost of living is extremely high. Streets dont streets will smell like weed but you'll often pass someone sucking on a joint.
Water is fine. It's soft.

Make your own, it takes like 10 minutes.

Why are you investing so much energy trying to convince people that Oakland is not a shithole lmao? Years ago the city needed cash and struck a deal with the state to create housing projects for felons getting out of jail. Of course that created a ghetto that spread all across the city, and which of course is majority black.

And who are you to be talking about white people being a joke, when you're still ruled by Peninsulars you stupid wetback?

One could ask the same of you. Oakland is a lovely city.

I lived in Alameda and Berkeley for 10 years. The only decent area is Piedmont.

Adams point is quite nice too, as is downtown.

Will OP get shot dead?

Hopefully not, that non white cop got away with shooting that one aussie girl last year so hopefully op has more sense.

Lol, why do you assume that everyone who hates Oakland is white? One of the most prominent murders in recent times was a Korean guy who was mugged and murdered in downtown. I can assure you that it is broadly-hated by people of all races.

I've also always wanted to live in Cleaveland Heights. They recently restored the Cleaveland Cascade.
Shootouts are just part of living in the wild west in America.

the hills are pretty nice too

Pretty sure the only thing Oakland has going for it is that it isn't Detroit.

I've seen those called 'grill cheese makers" my sister got one that looks almost identical to your pick for Christmas a few years ago. You can probably still get them.

Have fun trying to melt cheese with 110 volts.

>Oakland
youtu.be/Nnzw_i4YmKk

It is called a "sandwich maker", not to be confused with the "sandwich toaster" which only toasts the bread instead of smashing it, pinching it, and searing it like the "sandwich maker" does. I own a Davidcraft sandwich maker that I plague Veeky Forums with from time to time. You may need to order one online, if the local *mart or dollar store doesn't have one. I got mine from a thrift shop. "Pie iron" often times refers to a "hobo pie iron" which is a cast iron clamshell device you use over an open fire. Which are awesome for camping.

I use mine almost exclusively for leftovers, but sometimes I actually do stuff like pancakes, muffins, and regular sandwiches in it.

HAH! Can't believe I haven't heard that one before. Of course, the joke is made weird since there is an actual Fairyland near Lake Merritt.

bull-fucking-shit. you basically have to be a cop or a PI to get one in Oakland.

here's a checklist in order to prove "good cause" for issuance:

Its an old american tradition from all the way back in colonial times. It was a was to use all the excess molasses from making rum. As thats what our economy ran on at the time.

Cost of living is damn high for the USA but it's probably pretty cheap compared to Australian prices. Produce is very high quality and cheap when in-season (Farmer's markets all over the place).

Housing is criminally expensive in SF so a lot of the rich tech geeks live in East Bay and have been cleaning up certain neighborhoods. Parts of Oakland (and Berkeley) are really nice- beautiful historic homes, well-kept parks, little hippie cheese shops on the corner, etc. Parts of Oakland are industrial, and parts of Oakland are incredibly unsafe. I never once considered purchasing a gun until I moved there.

Shittiest part is, even the nice areas aren't "safe" because they'll be half a mile away from a Somalia-tier ghetto. Homeless drug addicts roam the streets at night and you will absolutely get your car/house broken into if you don't take reasonable precautions. Best of luck to you though, just don't look act a target and you won't run into trouble.

>oh it's okay it's just niggers murdering each other all over, nothing to be worried about!
literally cognitive dissonance

Everybody else has them. That's literally reason enough.
>durr guns are bad so we'll ban them
The criminals just keep theirs instead of turning them in. If they want them, they can get them. You know, illegally.

Forget a voltage converter. get your ass a gun if you're going to oakland

just food for thought on Oakland, pic is "Anti-gentrification". Basically someone tried investing into the city and tried to make it less shitty, thus raising the local cost of living and enraging the... diverse locals.
oh, and their sports fans have a reputation for assaulting people.

>ITT flyover Cletuses hating on Bay area because heavy black and Latino population based on their internet "research"

I'd suggest you people try traveling a little farther than the Walmarts 20 miles from your lil towns

Guy born and raised 45 minutes south of Oakland. I aint going to that fuckin place at all, I'd rather deal with the junkies on Pacific Avenue in Santa Cruz than go to Okaland

They should just go halfway and jump

Hey OP To answer your question, I'm sure you can order it online, and while I've never looked for one, you could probably find it in stores maybe in china town, thrift shops (used ones) or possibly k-mart target etc. Online might be easier if you have a specific one in mind.

I've visited Oakland several times and practical lived there for a month. I had a great time (I'm white btw). Its true the city has lots of blacks and a SJW culture but thats never been a problem for me. I actually have a feeling you will enjoy it there if you have a good attitude. Lots of cool stuff to do. So moral of the story is fags on Veeky Forums are mostly autistic and give wrong and irrelevant advice.

Cheers m8!

yes but you're still in buttfuck Oakland

yes

No you don't need a gun, these fags are memeing.

This.

I guarantee you 8/10 of the shitposters have never been. Yes it can be dangerous, and you must be smart and keep your head up, but dude you'll honestly be fine and have a good time if you look for one.

Yes, and raped

In theory, all municipal water in the united states is drinkable. In reality, this all depends on the age and quality of your plumbing, and how much chlorine/chloramine your questionably competent county pumps into your shit.

We have those, head to a target and pick one up.
>Oakland
watch your back, our darkies make your abbos look like little gas-huffing angels.

>their sports fans have a reputation for assaulting people.
Well, Oakland's team is literally called the RAIDERS they're honestly named after crime.