Checked my bank summary for the year so far

>checked my bank summary for the year so far
>tfw I've spent £745 on kindle books since January 1st
>tfw I've only read two books this year

I've spent about 5k on books this year so far, used and new.

I've spent 10k and been planning to purchase my local library.

where do you keep them all. :|

>actually paying money for ebooks
>not reading
fixed you picrelated for you

bookshelf

>Check bank account
>See I'm five hundred dollars withdrawn, soon to incur major fees
>Multiple purchases for Book Depository
>Most of the books (there's about sixteen) are philosophical texts, the greatest: Tractatus-Logico Philosophicus, Plato's Republic, Being and Time, Ego and His Own, Sublime Object of Ideology, Rousseau's Discourses, Meditations by Descartes, Essays by Montaigne, et cetera
>Mfw I haven't even started with the Greeks.
>Mfw I don't know whose been doing this, am I an Automaton?
>Mfw I think someone is trying to plant a seed that will grow my brainlet mind

user pls buy me a £4.99 ebook for me
i promise i'll read it

>implying that buying something has any direct link with its actual eventual use

lel

so a confessions thread where we admit private libraries are about hoarding, not use
ebook pirates = worst offenders

>Ive saved 10+ dollars pirating old unabridged classics on tape

yeah, i stopped letting myself buy books earlier this year and have saved thousands without really changing much

>not having disposable income

Dude, stop. Don’t buy any more books until you’ve read what you got. I’m sure you have plenty of things worth reading, you don’t need more. I used to be like this to, then I made a hard rule that I wasn’t going to allow myself to buy any books (besides for school) until I read every book I owned. That was two years ago, I still haven’t bought a book, but I’m about 80% through reading everything in my library.

Make an amazon wishlist and add all the books you want to buy to it, that way when you’re finished you will not have forgotten them.

DUDE WTF ARE YOU DOING EVEN THE SMALLEST LIBRARIES AROUND HAVE EBOOK COLLECTIONS AVAILABLE DID ARTHUR TEACH YOU NOTHING HAVING FUN ISNT HARD WHEN YOUVE GOT A LIBRARY CARD MY DUDE

>paying for e-books

Whether or not you've actually read them, you're doing good work by supporting writers and publishers. You've now got your own pocket library of books you want to read, so what's not to love?

>spent £745 on kindle books
>on kindle books
F

if you're reading books digitally why wouldn't you just torrent/google them? i can understand spending money on physical books but doing what you've done (and then not reading them) is an extra level of insanity

>tfw fell for the e reader meme
>all books are free
>i am now reading books i might never otherwise read due to not being sure if i'd like it or if they are worth it
>and they're all free

Feels good.

b-ok.org

this

its literally in the sticky, do you not read?

oh wait