Is there death in the book you're writing?

Is there death in the book you're writing?

A lot of it.

No I'm not 14 anymore.

Couple named characters in chapters 3 & 6 because there was no reasonable way for them to survive. Two named characters (one POV) in the middle, to introduce/replace her with another POV character and to enact "everyone can die". Another named character in chapter 14, similar situation as at start. Also hint that one more died in last chapter.

Given how pretty much everyone is in a life threatening situation from start to end, it seems rather low. Generally I go my way out to make sure characters survive as long it's remotely plausible because death is just so lazy.

My major supporting character dies in order to prove a point about my main character's lifestyle.

Mine too. What's your main character's name?

So it's like the Sims where the author ihas literally the power of life and death over the characters.

How does that work?

Not much. One minor character dies of old age, that's about it

My main cast of 4 character gets connected to a collective subcontions and then each of them has a chapter dedicated to how they percieved the event (the mind interprest it sort of like a dream).
One of them basically has a disociative delusion in a petty gritty sci-fi setting, ist able to figure out whats going on in time to retain any sense of self abd wathever remains is swallowed up by the colective uncontious.
At least 2 of the remaining ones will die as well, I dont know if my paragon will make it.

I'm not sure, I call him Steve right now but I'll give him a better name when I'm done with the book.

My main character is an autistic drug addict who can't deal with his problems. My supporting character is a psychologist who tries to teach him that he can't escape his problems by running to drugs or even escaping in someone else. When the psychologist dies, my main character goes back on heroin, which reaffirms that the whole time my main character learned nothing.

I always have a big revelation at the end that inevitably kill my protag, but no one ever finds out hes really dead cause he goes on with his life.

Crime and Punishment, so yes.

A bird that died a very unsatisfactory death once dreamed to have become Death himself.
It kinda didnt work at all and it was very sad, but in the end it was just a stupid bird. And not even an Albatross.

>Brutal fucking murder.

Yes, it's about a plague. Lots and lots

>he's reading crime and punishment but can't read the OP

I was killing a lot of my haracters, but then I realized that it often does not close character arcs properly or satisfyingly.
So now I am trying to remove them from the plot in ways which would speak more for their personal decisions than for inevitable end of life which is the fate of every human being regardless of their actions. A man retreating into the hermitry would make a fine example of this.

With every life there is an implied death...;^)

Several characters that were assumed to have died aren't actually dead, and most of the killing takes place before the book starts; but the way I use those PoV sections as interludes between chapters, it seems to be happening during the story's main action.
I only plan to kill off one supporting character, though at the end of the book the main point of view character is consumed by his Id. So that plays out sort of like dying.

I just need to crack down and get myself writing more than a thousand words a day.

>kek

War plays a big part, so yes.

What.

no but there is rape

Protagonist kills herself after hallucinating that her gone-missing abusive boyfriend commits suicide. The reality of it: he didn't actually kill himself, but only faked it out of belief that it would be better for her and that he was beyond redemption, and everything turns out to simply an extended metaphor for how it is in human nature to refuse to accept our own freedom.

Yes, death is a natural function of life.

Pierre Menard is that you?

The guy you're led to believe is the main character dies halfway through.

Don't publish before mine please.

the main character's girlfriend has been dead since the beginning he's just been imagining her

I thought about killing one of the characters in a car accident as a sort of allusion to Hyacinth, but then I thought that I was being entirely too derivative of This Side of Paradise and that it would probably read like a cheap tear-jerker, so I let him live.

They all die except for the survivors and the survivors metaphorically die because they have to texhnolyze their bodies

About 14 people die in a span of eight months. By the protagonist's hands. So, yes.

Worst synopsis ever.

Lazy writing, desu

one. two if you count god

no. im writing an essay about my saturday mornings

Yeah, a kid

Stop writing my biography, user, you're scaring me.