Just got a cast iron meme pan...

Just got a cast iron meme pan, what kind of seasonings do I put on it to stop things from sticking and from it getting rusty?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/i-seasoned-my-cast-iron-pan-with-flaxseed-oil-and-heres-what-happened-224612
youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a thread was pruned so you can be a dumbass

You use oil, user. Don't tell me you're retarded, now.

They are usually preseasoned already so just start frying stuff in it unless you are one of those complete autists who insists that their own burnt oil is better.
Use more oil than a nonstick and you should be fine.

You can find the best instructions for things like these on google.

the kind you get by checking the catalogue first

do this thekitchn.com/i-seasoned-my-cast-iron-pan-with-flaxseed-oil-and-heres-what-happened-224612

>usually preseasoned
How would you know? That is very ignorant.

Hey I was the op

just got done making a ribeye in mine

avocado oil

slop-of-shit

>fat not browned
yeah no

Seasoning is gay memery. Simply scrub it clean with soap and a a non-meme scrubber then wipe it all over with salt water a couple of times a week, letting it drip dry. wa la

Well... as long as you're happy, I guess.

Veeky Forums I have failed you

pan wasn't hot enough, bruh. google "maillard reaction"

>letting it drip dry
It literally takes 30 extra second to dry it out with a kitchen towel

Not who you're replying to, but...

Mine came with some instructions that said it was pre-seasoned and instructions for care/handling. There aren't as many manufacturers for them like there are for other pots/pans.

And even less time to do it properly

I use cavenders for seasoning my cast iron.

Check out "reverse sear"
youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

I've seen cheap camping cast iron pans for sale at walmart that comes with nothing other than the label that hosts the barcode.

Wipe it down with Crisco and call it a day.

put a thin layer of oil on it then stick it upside in the preheated oven for like an hour and your good

also it gets rusty from air drying, just wipe off or burn off water after washing

you forgot to heat the pan