How to... write?

How to... write?

My goal right now is to start writing fiction, but how the fuck? I have plenty of ideas (not implying that they're any good, just making it clear that this doesn't seem to be the problem right now) but when it comes to writing something down, I just freeze

I don't know how to start or how to finish, or how long something should be or what should i focus on, or what parts of whatever i should write about, or even what parts of whatever are important to me. I stare at a blank page, my mind busy trying to figure out nearly anything that passes through it and i end up writing nothing

asduioqwyd89qwfy9fycjk

Write an idea down. Then write down how it happens. Add more descriptive sentences. Turn it into a narrative. Just write.

>asduioqwyd89qwfy9fycjk
H-have you never posted outside of r9k or something?

>want to start writing
>spend hours browsing baby name websites instead to find names for the characters

scrivener's got you senpai

Holy
Thank you user

Read literary theory and articles, find what kind of style/genre you can innovate in. My fiction was terrible before I got into proper literary study. Still is, but not so much.

I suggest a literary theory reader of any sort, I have one edited by Patricia Waugh and Phillip Rice. P good. Look out for something like it in second hand book shops.

never posted on r9k

Just put the the story to paper first, no matter how bad. Rewrite it. Edit. Realize it's shit. Start all over.
That's how you get writing done.

If you're writing short stories I wouldn't polish a single story too much seeing that you've just started out. You'll be bored to death and the story could be beyond saving to begin with.

How do you get over the fear of being shit forever and ever?

Why would you want to get over it? I want to prove myself wrong, that's my motivation to improve my writing.

Imagine a whole event in your mind, something like 3 pages worth of stuff.
If you can't do this, go home.

Here GRRM is actually good advise.
Like all men in family have similar sounding names (or at least in that land people have similar names), first son might have same name as father or at least grand-father.

Unless you write in modern era, then just give them real names.

Where can I find articles and writing on literary theory?

Read books to learn how other writers write and then write short stories. If you like writing a certain short story, continue writing it till it's a full novel. This may not be the best way for you, though.

Why doesn't it show up in the windows version

I have the windows version and it's there. But then again it's a real copy.

There are online name-generators dudebro

Start with theory books or article collections from your uni's library.

Don't write, procrastinate by reading the greeks. Just started the paedia, it wasn't even written by a greek, there's no better time waster than meta-analysis.

Of course since most people seem to enjoy the debauched classical culture found in Wonder Woman or Thor, why do I even give a shit.