400-page rage against freem market economics

>400-page rage against freem market economics

Do you find it strange that one of the Great American Novels™ is so unamerican?

No because America is about free ideas. You wouldn't understand euro

William Buckley is dead.

Because you haven't found a way to advertise in people's minds.

Brought to you by McDonalds

Better watch it, that sounds like hate speech to me and I'm am ready to report you to your respective state

Better do it before you're forced to watch a Dallas rerun ad for each word sent via email to a foreign address. If you're lucky enough you get off with 0.25/breath you take while typing.

Posted from: Starbucks. Always warm!

The state and unions played a large role in making Capitalism work for everyone in the US.

I did actually. Great novel though.

Corporations aren't people in europoor.

>Do you find it strange that one of the Great American Novels™ is so unamerican?
I've wondered the same thing about The Great Gatsby, which is really just a story about how the American Dream is a lie

its called american dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.

woah, i am so deep.

You are now aware that critiquing 'Merica is one of the most American things you can do.

So deep, Satan.

>about how the American Dream is a lie
people always say that but the narrator literally wants to suck a self-made man's dick

Mmm... It's almost as if critiquing one's society is a common thing to do among literati of all ages! Very interesting! Mh, what do you say? Those critiques often become very popular and then part of the national identity? That can't be, national identities are immutable!

Those Okies were so fucking retarded, I was firmly rooting for The Man by the end.

Maybe that was what Steinbeck intended: a subversive endorsement of the American Way.

So what did happened Tom and Connie? Did Connie really run off?

America accepts all types.

Took me a while to remember who Connie was. Yeah he just split. Probably a wise decision from a self-preservation perspective.

Tom probably ended up the electric chair.

The american labour movement was the greatest moment of US history.

Yes. Steinbeck is only good when he gets off his soap box... so East of Eden. And not much else.

Not at all. It's extremely American. Here in America we always scrutinize the status quo to stay woke.

>Anything which isn't white bread capitalist economics is inherently unamerican
I want Ronald Reagan to go and stay go

How illiterate are you? You realize that it took the New Deal and a World War to save American capitalism from itself?