Does Veeky Forums have any rare or antiquarian books?

have you had the privilege to see/handle any?

uhhh oldest books I have are from the late 1800s, got em while I was volunteering at my town's library in HS
not really that old but I also have a Ripley's Believe it or Not book from sometime like the 1950s/60s (just remember it was before JFK), when they were fucking huge and had all the ink drawings

I got the wit an humor of America

I have the 1941 issue of Weird Tales where they posthumously published the last Lovecraft Story before Derleth started copyrighting everything via Arkham House.

Yeah and I'd post them but Veeky Forums apparently can't handle the picture quality of my phone

For my Medieval Literature Class we got to handle some old ass books.
Pic Related it's a page from a Book of Hours, a medieval prayer book, depicting something from Revelation I think.

very cool. i got to handle a medieval prayer book at one point as well. it belonged to some nobility and had gold leaf incorporated in the paintings that accompanied the text. it was very cool

i have the privilege

yes my diary desu

Ooooh that's nice. Mine is an abridged single volume paperback that I found at Half Price Books for $6, quite the difference there.

At my cabin I have a Goethe from the 19th century in German. Pretty poor condition, but still neat

Also, my godfather's grandma was friends with Hemingway, so he has some signed first editions I got to handle

mine has variorum notes by a bunch of really butthurt religious dolts so actually looking for a new set

not too old or rare but

I was at a conference this summer at Yale's rare books library and had the privilege of actually flipping through the Voynich Manuscript. I've handled some other interesting things - I'm working on a manuscript of 18th-century Italian vocal music right now - but nothing really compares to that.

oh shoot also my university owns original drafts of Steinbeck's Cannery Row and Ginsberg's Howl, and I got to take a look at those the other day!

A 1796 old Russian volume of religious commentary/morality tales.

this must be one of the very early Pure-Russian volumes since older books would likely have been written in the earlier Slavic languages.
Which are really unreadable now'er days without a hefty dictionary .

I've got an old copy of The Odyssey back home. I'm living elsewhere right now though so I can't show it.

That book gets me all hot and bothered-In the good way.

First edition of the first translation of the One Hundred and One Nights directly from the original Arab into Spanish. Printed in Mexico in 1954, because even though Aguilar was a publishing house from Spain, it was impossible to print it there due to censorship. Translation by Rafael Cansino Assens. Borges said that this translation was the best and most faithful in Spanish.

The covers are actual leather too. Very beautiful books, but quite fragile due to their age.

A gutenberg bible
Page proofs of Ulysses

Post pics

1913 Bombay edition on Kipling signed. And 1925 volume of Joseph Conrad. I have a few others as well, franklin library, Easton press. And signed books.

3€ used on amazon
so fucking good

Funny. I was pretty much thrown a set of half a dozen early editions of Metastasio's works (they were unbound) in a bookshop (for free) but it was lacking a couple of volumes. Mid-late 1700s.

Funny thing was I had just come across the gent a few weeks earlier in the form of quote at the top of each chapter of an Italian book on Tarot. (I'm not Italian and don't live there either.) Odd.

Hah, I got like 15 Aguilar editions back at home. The most difficult/expensive one was Baudelaire.
They are top notch.

I have a signed 1st edition copy of Infinite Jest my mom got me for my birthday.