Does Wisconsin actually make good cheese, or is it only good by American standards?

Does Wisconsin actually make good cheese, or is it only good by American standards?

Other urls found in this thread:

accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=133.184
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seriously?

The latter.

It’s good by American standards but that’s not saying much.
Best cheese I’ve had in the USA was from California but it still had that horrid pasteurized taste to it.
Stick with imports.

Not even the latter really, the state of Wisconsin just spent a LOT of money marketing themselves

It's not even good by American standards. It's... oh wait this guy already answered

It's literally the exact same recipe as cheeses in Europe. Anyone who says otherwise is memeing you.

You're going to have smug self-righteous Euroweenies ITT trying to pretend their recipes are unique or "more cultured" because Wisconsin is considered low-brow in compared to Paris or some shit.

>Paris, that well known cheese producing city
Retard.

>It's literally the exact same recipe as cheeses in Europe

That's true, it is!

Without the aging (generally), terroir (which I grant you is 98% a fucking marketing meme), but most importantly

IT'S ALL FUCKING PASTEURIZED

I can't tell if you're serious or not. That's how delusional Wisconsinites are about their ''''cheese''''

I'm not a "Wisconsinite". But isn't that pretty ironic? Your post shows how delusional Euroeweenies are about their "cheese"

>It's literally the exact same recipe as cheeses in Europe

Except all the parts where it's different. So apart from all the ways in which it's wrong, your post is entirely accurate.

>literally
>memeing
>weenie
Just how much cock have you sucked today, you colossal cretin?

Euroweenie is a phrase used by the Clinton Campaign in her leaked emails

You can buy unpasteurized cheeses in California, and it's very good. Maybe your state just doesn't allow it to be imported.

Let me clarify, because I don't think that was clear enough. California MAKES unpasteurized cheeses, but other states may not allow them.

And the WIDF has arrived.

I’m American. The kind from a state that makes cheese that doesn’t suck. Scary mold and odors though, Wisconsin need not apply

Can't comment deeply on European cheese but having lived many different parts of the US, Wisconsin had the most variety and best quality at supermarkets.

If by European cheese people mean stuff like brie, gorgonzola, thats in a class of its own. That's cheese you appreciate on its own, not for putting on pizza and sandwiches. There are producers of cheese like that in Wisconsin, California and companies making their own small experiments in other liberal states, but those are underground projects, or the state looks the other way when its sold at retail locations. I've had import Euro cheese and domestically produced blue cheeses, domestic can hold its own but it'll take some leg work to sort through the chaff on the shelf. I am supposing that my import tastings also mean I haven't had the best of what Europe has to offer. Either way, the cheese market in the US for stinky cheese is stunted by regulation.

accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=133.184

t. cheesefag

I just buy cheese I think is tasty. Like, lately my favorite blue cheese has been Maytag, it's very sharp and delicious. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it comes from Iowa. That being said European cheese is generally slightly better and more expensive, but honestly I don't find the gap to be as wide as some claim.

You're a Wisconsin cheesefaggot, pretending to know about other cheeses from other states and countries. Your post is naively transparent.

Most cheese made in the USA is trash. But when you find a small scale cheesemaker you can sometimes find really good stuff. Best I know in Wisconsin is Holland Family in Thorp. They make world class Gouda.

If you guys hate America so much, stop consuming our media, using our websites, or paying attention to us at all. You know, treat us the same way we treat the rest of the (irrelevant) world.

>All of these haters never had squeeky fresh cheese curds.

This.
I'm not even from that area but have visited several times and always enjoyed the food.
There are tons of small dairyfarms and local cheesemakers.

samefag WIDF
Maytag is surprisingly good considering it's from the midwest.
>That being said European cheese is generally slightly better and more expensive
You're out of your mind, good European cheese is dirt cheap compared to good US cheese. There's basically no point eating US cheese that retails for less than $30/lb, but there are some very decent Eurocheeses in the $20/lb range. The low price of quality Eurocheese is what keeps more Americans from even trying, the cheese had better be unbelivable if I'm going to spend that kind of money on it when I can get perfectly good imports for less.

You forgot to turn your trip off, dipshit.

There's world class cheese coming from the United States. It's just obviously not going to be a pallets worth in every grocery store. It's a much smaller market, but it's gaining steam. It's also not all pasteurized. I can grab raw milk cheese at the store right now.

>He doesn't live near the Amish and support their noble cheesemaking endeavors

The imported cheeses I've seen are usually more expensive, but I also admit I haven't really checked on the prices much lately and have just been going by what's familiar. Maybe I'll go to the grocery store with an actual good cheese selection this week and check it out.

No, I didn't. I stand by my feelings on retards from irrelevant countries. America is the greatest country on earth.

More expensive than what though. If you're comparing Tilamook bulk pasteurized cheddar for the deli case against 24 month parmigiano reggiano DOP then yeah, the latter is going to cost more. Compare apples to apples. A 12 month raw goat cheese from Spain vs a 12 month raw goat cheese from America. I guarantee you the Spanish one will be way cheaper.

>No, I didn't.

Oh, then you're just a cunt and your opinion is irrelevant.

Well if you’re that concerned about identity I wonder if anyone would be able to suggest a website where you’d fit in a bit better?

I've been using this website for half of my life. Fuck off.

>I've been using this website for half of my life
7 years then, edgelord?

12. Once a /b/tard, always a /b/tard

And yet you're still a retarded tripfag who thinks anyone cares

Thanks for the (You:^)

I wonder if your parents know how badly they fucked up

>(you)
The utter state of tourism on this board.

Been on this board longer than (You) have.

Not samefag. I'm def not the tripfag.

>Pretending to know about other cheeses

lol what? Why would anyone need to pretend, import cheeses are commonly available and travel is easy. I'm not going to drive to the nearest cheese shop and take a picture just for your sake, so have a sample from my bank statements.

you goddamn europeans have a lot of nerve.

>American ''''''''''cheese''''''''''

LOL,
>NEW YORK
LOL
>NOTHING ON STATEMENT THAT DENOTES CHEESEMONGERS

YOU'RE A HUUUUUUGE FUCKING FAGGOT PLAYING PRETEND. ALLCAPS FOR THE SOUND OF MY LAUGHTER AND DERISION.

trash

ugh tourist trash.

you have to go back.

Maytag is the stuff. Fun fact: it was named after the same family that founded the eponymous washing machine company. Some of them had a dairy farm and were the first ones to perfect and market blue cheese made by a new process invented at a university nearby.

Fuck the USA

Wisconsin is famous for making the most cheese, not the best. California also produces a lot. Any packaged American cheese is probably not going to be great, your best bet is the farmer's market or something else local. I pick up some delicious goat cheese every week from a 90 yr old man whose great great grandfather was also a cheesemaker.

Has he found a grandson to teach the trade?

>tripfaggot has a shit opinion
gosh