YHWH = the LORD

>YHWH = the LORD
Why do Christians deliberately mistranslate their own scripture? Why don't they just write YHWH or Yahweh?

how did they come up with this name?
>No way god exists
>Yah way

Because Yayweh was never read from the Torah, and the Hebrew word for “lord” is substituted instead, keeping with the “no use in vain” thing. The Bible just kept that going with God’s name, but in text as well as spoken words(since the Bible is more accessible to peasants).

Heh.

>YHWH
>YVast
>HActiveLiving
>WIntelligence
>HSystem
holy shit. How much else did he know?

Cause it used to be taboo to say God's real name.
Elyōn.

Jewish mysticism and autism.

>yfw the Roman Empire nver ended

Is there even a such thing as autistic Jews? Autism seems to be much more of a northern European thing. Many speculate we got it from the neanderthals.

Kek'd.

I live in monkeyland, and lots of nogs here have autism
So no

Sweden, Britain, Denmark, and Japan have the highest rates of autism in the world. All of these are either northern European or east Asian, both of which descend from neanderthals.

sure, but pure breed nogs have almost no neanderthal blood in them
so autism prolly doesn't come from neanderthals

some parts refer to god as Elohim

which is translated as God because elohim means god. But Yahweh doesn't mean lord.

Isn't YHWH also a placeholder since G-D's true name is unknowable and too earth shattering for any puny human to ever utter or hear?

El means God, Elohim actually means Gods. It's plural.

Yod - Father
Heh - Mother
Vav - Son
Heh - Daughter

Read Exodus, you plebs. The meaning of YHWH is literally told to you: "He Who Is" or "The One Who Is". Hence why "The LORD God" comes up so often: "The LORD God" => "YHWH God" => "He Who Is God".

It'd be best to actually translate YHWH as what I've had above, but tradition (even when the tradition is incorrect/misguided) keeps most translations from ever being interesting.

The name of God is actually "I AM" but most of the time God is playing the game of pretending not to be himself, so he creates all these other names for himself and pretends to be them, (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, Jesus, Mohamed, Nature, Richard Dawkins, Donald Trump, Your mum etc)

Most Christians have not realized this.

Those that have usually shut the fuck up or start a cult because when they get the experience they have no other way of describing it other than to say I AM Jesus Christ,...which used to get them burnt but nowadays gets them sent to the loony bin, especially if their cult doesn't take off

Simply reminding you the name of God is I AM isn't enough either, you have to have the experience. Then you too will have to decide what to do if you woke up and realise you are God

>reads a wiki article on advaita vedanta once

>realize you are God
>don't know what to do

Well done, user; very profound

took acid and died actually

what would you do if you were God

I'd play a game of hide and seek,

how different would the world look if that is what HE were doing?

>Most use of the term Elohim in the later Hebrew text imply a view that is at least monolatrist at the time of writing, and such usage (in the singular), as a proper title for the supreme deity, is generally not considered to be synonymous with the term elohim, "gods" (plural, simple noun). Hebrew grammar allows for this nominally plural form to mean "He is the Power (singular) over powers (plural)", or roughly, "God of gods". Rabbinic scholar Maimonides wrote that the various other usages are commonly understood to be homonyms.[2]

Is God so weak he cannot create ex nihilo? Why would he build out of himself? This is not Orthodox in any Judeo-Christian paradigm...

To say God is Being creates illegitimate dualism in its attempt to reconcile them into monism or non-duality. Under such a system, individual existence takes on an illusory existence, sometimes even the world itself takes on illusoriness. If there is only one being, then the highest peak of mysticism is annihilation of one’s own being in God as the Supreme Being. The ultimate aim of the universe would be regression back into divinity. An endless cycle. There is no good or evil. There is not self nor other.

Compare this with God’s revelation of his essence in Christ as Love. Love presupposes the Lover and the Beloved. I and Thou. God and man. Spirit and matter. Love affirms not only similarity, which makes love possible, but differences, wherein love finds its ultimate fulfillment (i.e., sex). Of course, Love (enlightenment) doesn’t teach you how to make money or anything. You still gotta chop wood and carry water. But it does teach a direction. It teaches you the reason behind chopping wood and carrying water. It gives you a meaning which is actually productive and life-affirming and reality-affirming.

You know that in hebrew you read יהוה as Yahve, and the idea of translitarion just shows lack of skill in that particular lang.

I've thought this exact joke before

Z U C K E R B E R G