Which book took you the longest to read? Be honest, now

Which book took you the longest to read? Be honest, now.

This for me currently. 2 months and counting, only got 200 pages left but I underestimated how long it would take me. Previously I would've said Gravity's Rainbow which took me just about 2 months.

Dianetics, but only because you feel the need to keep going back and rereading it.

critique of pure reason took me 1 year and a half

It's satisfying how easy it was to troll you into thinking that book's good bait. How many times have you posted it unsuccessfully now?

Finnegans Wake took me multiple attempts over a period of about 5 years before I managed to get through it in one go.
Wasn't worth it

Please stop posting your Dianetics memes. Nobody believes L Ron Hubbard to have any literary or societal value here. Go back to LA.

Calm down, Shlomo. You'll give yourself a heart attack.

Gilson's book on medieval philosophy.

It's only about 300 pages but I remember this taking me a full month to read which I'm embarrassed about because I love McCarthy and his other works I could just burn through so easily but Blood Meridian really threw me off. Will have to re-read it sometime.

>my sides

It's in the archive posted 8 times with the only responses being you replying "This" to yourself and bump the thread. Nice.

>everyone on Veeky Forums is the same person

I picked up Moby Dick as one of my first novels at around 16 and dropped it about half way through because it was too difficult for me. I then went back and finished it at like 18.

Also, even though i absolutely loved it, Catch-22 took me fucking forever to finish. Like months of getting into it and then leaving it for a week or so.

>implying it wasn't

Nah. It's definitely some other guy posting at least.

> implying that scientology doesn't rely on a hivemind mentality

lmaoin @ ur hollywood failures

I get that. I bought Crime & Punishment at 15-16 thinking I'd be fine with it but its pacing felt off-putting and I just gave up on it. I burned through it pretty quickly at 23 though and loved every moment.

I do hate that feeling of putting a book down and not returning to read it for a week or longer though. It feels a little alienating when you do finally return to it, almost like you might've forgotten some subtler details or that you're no longer with the rhythm of the book.

>(((Hollywood)))

typin lyk this is rlly gd

Dan "you'll never take me alive" Schneider

One or many doesn't matter. It's still funny how hard they're trying to get a raise out of people with no luck at all.

>t.

KJV Bible took me 2 months. Les Mis in comparison took me 2 weeks at a pace of 100 pages a day, immeasurably easier

Book of the New Sun took me from June to September. tfw slow reading brainlet. How to get faster at reading?