The Winds of winter

What are you predictions for TWOW? Will Stannis take Winterfell? Will Euron destroy the Redwyne and Hightower fleet? Who will live and who will die?

The sad thing is, I can't even remember the intricacies of the plot well enough at this point to remember or even care about them. You would basically need to reread the entire series, or at least the most recent two books, to have a decent grasp on what's going on and how it's different from the show, and I'm simply not interested in slogging through them again.

Good for you, now run along.

>the winds of winter
>first sentence
>BRAAAAAAP

We found out how sunset found her, I wonder how the sunrise will.

What will Veeky Forums do when GRRM release TWOW??

Honorary squatposting for the entire day.

It's a long time ago since I've read DwD, but I think Stannis has a strategic plan with this lake he's staying at right now. The Boltons have way more soldiers than he has, Stannis knows this and he is still pretty calm when he talks about the coming battle. The only explanation for me is, that he knows how to kill a lot of the Bolton soldiers in a short period of time, like he did with the wildlings. And because he didn't lay out his plan (at least not in the sample chapters) means, that it is more likely that he will succeed - unlike Robb with the plan to attack Casterlyrock. He explained the reader very clearly what he is planning to do and than all went to shit. Thats GRRs style.
So I think Stannis will be fine, I don't know about Manderly though... Maybe he will abandon the Freys before or during the battle? I wouldn't be surprised if Wyman Manderly dies, but I would like to see if there really is a northern conspiracy and if he is involved.

But I could be totally wrong. As I said, it's been a long time since I've read the books

Meme it

Jon is revealed to be alive using the necklace that Mel wears while he goes into hiding and someone else either Rattleshirt or Mance disguise themselves as Jon and take the knife for him. Mel goes to perform her ritual which either cures greyscale or does something else and Jon hands her Arya as a life debt for saving him from getting knifed.

I don't even remember, will have to reread the series. When will the next book be released?

Oh yeah and my predictions for Bran and the Children. The Others that gain sacrifices from Craster are actually security systems The Children are using, mostly as a way for them to stop humans venturing further than The Haunted Forest. The babies that The Others take away are giving to The Children to use as nutrients and sustenance to help strengthen the weirwood network, the broth that Bran eats with the chunk of meat was one of these babies. The Children want to use Bran to break the wall since Bran can see into the past and The Children forgot what magic they used and want to give humanity a final fuck you for driving them to extinction.

It will probably be terrible, GRRM seems utterly uninterested in the franchise and only talks about Wild Cards and football now

Is the implication that the ice is thin and Stannis will lure the enemy onto it and drown them all? It's been a while since I read it.
We know it was really Jon because it happened during his POV chapter and we see his internal reaction to it. If it had been another character witnessing or reporting it, this theory might hold water.

Danny will experience more diarrhea

But then why introduce a fucking gem that can change your appearance and not use it to avoid stuff like this while Mel even mentioned halfway through ADWD when talking to Jon about daggers in the dark? I think it was more than likely Mance if it was someone giving how well of an actor he is, remember how not even Jon recognized him when he came to Winterfell with the band.

>why introduce a fucking gem that can change your appearance and not use it to avoid stuff like this
That's exactly what it's used for. Mance Rayder uses it to avoid execution by switching places with Rattleshirt. And it's not Jon who doesn't recognize him but Theon, who has no reason to know Mance. And Jon is betrayed because he gets the letter that mentions Mance being captured at Winterfell, so they're obviously not in the same place. Though I doubt the letter is completely accurate.

Yeah that's what I meant. I've also heard a theory, that he has ordered his soldiers to bore holes in the ice and hope that the Freys don't see them with the help of torches during a night attack. But that's just a theory and I'm probably pretty bad at explaining it

Fuck off redditor. Get taste

Kys Veeky Forums and stop being edgy for the 100th times! Stop being angry, hateful and pathetic and try to start enjoy life.

To add more to my COTF/Others theory I think Old Nan was actually some sort of agent for them hence why she filled Bran's head with all that shit so he'd go north and find them. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense regarding The Long Night and War with the Children. I think The Wights are pretty much The Children's army giving the connection that they are safe from them in the hollow since they can't enter and Cold Hands is a more perfect version of what they are after. They aren't zombies but people who have lost their souls or had their consciousness placed into the network to make it stronger, there's a connection between Berric, Lady Stoneheart and Coldhands regarding this but I'm really having trouble trying to deduce why and what makes them special.

As for Tyrion's antics, he rules Mereen while Daenerys is away doing mystical bullshit probably finding the red door or going back to the warlocks. Dornish master plot is real and Dornes decide to spare Tyrion giving his hatred for his family and offer him Brightroar as a sign of alliance between them. Oberyn was the one who really murdered Joffrey and was on a suicide misssion to weaken the Lannister's, Tyrion arriving in Essos was an unexpected variable in their plan. Quentyn Martell was pretty much House Martell's version of Theon and completely expendable in the grand scheme of things, no one expected him to tame a dragon like he wanted too but it was a good way for them to trim an unnecessary branch.