Canned food drive! What do you throw in?

Canned food drive! What do you throw in?

The answer is my peenus weenus :) why, my peenus weenus of course! :)

Cans, obviously, dumbass.

creamed corn

You can have my garbanzo beans.

Whatever is in the pantry that I have plenty of or am not going to use anybtime soon.

I got a can of lychees I’ll never eat

Nothing. The scheme makes no sense. I paid retail prices for my cans because my household demand is not high enough to justify bulk purchase. For your purposes, you would get more cans and feed more people if you took the retail value of those cans as monetary donations and used that money to purchase cans wholesale.

Thank me later.

They're skinless bad grapes.

Whatever is on clearance at the pallet store that will go bad in a month.

i have a few cans of brined jackfruit i can spare, but i rarely ever buy anything canned other than condensed soups

Beets, is good for Russian peasant is good for poor American.

canned water

Beach Cliff deenz

>creamed eel
>corn nog

Food pantries actually prefer cash donations for this and other reasons, such as that people take food drives as an excuse to clean out their pantries of unwanted items (earth to morons, nobody wants your 5 year old green beans either) and they buy things like fresh produce too

Then they should do away with can drives. I always try to give cans of food that people actually would eat or use to make something, but you don't know what kinds of tastes people have, so there's no way to tell how much waste there is. Years ago, when I was fresh out of college and still stuck as an intern, I had to go to the local food bank for a box every couple weeks, and the assortment of foods was atrocious. Some of it worse than poverty tier. Some of it was even worse than I've seen dumpster divers eat. I've never been so happy to move up in my career as I was, just to be able to leave that shit behind me.

Dehydrated water

Beets. With no label.

Checked

how much time does food stay in a pantry or on the shelf of anyone using its services?
if it's still good then the faggots who can't work shouldn't be salty about it

Based

Chili, it has meat and beans in it and if you don't have enough water to handle the sodium you should just die anyway.

garbanzo beans, creamed corn, and water chestnuts
they expired a while ago but canned they're fine
good luck poor motherfuckers

what kind of shit going to a food bank is checking out the sodium content

This, its well-intentioned, economically inefficient as hell nonsense

Only upside is people are more likely to drop off some cans than take money out of their wallet.

Based as fuck.

Money. Poor people don't need more high in sodium food, and a single dollar goes a long fucking way since Food Banks can buy right from the wholeseller in massive bulk.

Whatever I can find that is most gross in canned form. Like green beans.