>kosher style pickles
>fresh red onion

simple yet so fucking delicious and juicy, nothing else compares in my opinion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iM_KMYulI_s
aht.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

patty is such a fucking stupid word lmao

Don't mix. Pack and season how you like. The works preferred because tri-veg enhances all things.

So do you just throw fucking raw ground beef in a pan or fucking what. You are just referring to toppings you lazy fuck. Why shit up the board with this.

I mix up ground chuck 80/20 with a dab of worcestershire sauce and onion salt, loosely ball them up and fucking smash them with a spatula in a cast iron pan. then I add salt and ground peppercorn to the raw side before I flip them. I wait 45 seconds, add cheese to each PATTY, wait for it to melt then they're ready to be served. I also toast the bun. lettuce is good but I can go without it

Ok thats better thank you. I use Italian breadcrumbs and red pepper flakes. Ill give worchester a shot its just that it can overpower if you add just a bit too much.

the sauce can be overpowering that's why I only do 3-5 squirts out of the bottle for one serving. I feel it's more even that way. red pepper flake sounds good, never thought of that in a burger before. I love it in Italian food though

Imagine being this autistc about a fucking burger.

should i go shit up the board with a thread about toppings then?

oklahoma style on a buttered and toasted potato bun with american cheese and dill pickle slices.

>/pol/

>mustard ketchup mayo

Why don't you just mix up a big vat of fail sauce and put that on your burger instead

If you're going to mix the sauces I mean

Well that's what it's called

I guess I got mixing condiments from a local chicken place, I like it. plus I add the paprika and I think it's better mixed with something instead of adding it dry to the burger, so I mix it all together. maybe I could just add it to the mayonnaise or mustard?

>lean ground beef
>some bacon fat from those "ends and pieces" packs that i keep in the freezer
>run fat through food processor
>mix into beef
>cast iron smoking hot
>smash those boigas
>chedder cheese
>optional grilled 'nions

>breadcrumbs
Why
It's a burger not a meatloaf why would you want filler

kenji cuck

made it last night
>mandolin cucumber
>boil water, rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt
>pour into jar with cucumbers, garlic clove and 2 chillis
>sit overnight

>250 grams of beef, shaped, salt and pepper on each side
>toasted bun in oven, butter top, goats cheese bottom

>bun
>cheese
>plum sauce
>patty
>wholegrain mustard
>bacon
>pickles
>diced bell pepper wrapped in iceburg lettuce parcel
>aoili
>top bun

depends.
I always start off by lightly buttering a pan
fry bacon with garlic and onion powder, and a lot of pepper, keep rendered fat in pan.
garlic powder, onion powder, peppper and a little salt on two patties. both sides
cook them in the bacon drippings till medium rare
if i just want something greasy and good i usually put a slice of cheddar on one patty, swiss on the other, and gouda on bottom. with a garlic aoli and maybe some onions and bacon on bottom.
if i want a more traditional burger i use lettuce, tomato, raw onions, and ketchup and mayo and gouda and cheddar, and finally bacon on top of the patty.
i toast the buns and lightly butter them regardless.
When i make burgers they are super unhealthy so i do it rarely.

theres a few places that do sliders like that in SE michigan, but they add ketchup and mustard too. some places do a bag of 4 for $3. one of the best post-drinking foods.

>90% beef
>marinade in worchestershire and salt for 2-6 hours
>put in sous vide
>crush black pepper over the top and bottom
>sear both sides
>sauce of mayonnaise, dijon, more worchestershire, sriracha, MSG, garlic and onion powder, a bit of honey and chili oil

>80/20
>onion, diced finely as possible
>cubanelle or anaheim pepper, again diced finely
>paprika, salt, pepper

I know it borders on meatloaf because of the additions but fuck it I like different flavors than just meat

>american """"""""""cheese""""""""""

You're not wrong. actually got me salivating here, user.

this: your american cheese is fine, but "Cheddar is Beddar", and you're missing the grilled onions. otherwise, 10/10. as it stands...9.2/10.

>>kosher style pickles
Stop eating (((their))) food
Boycott Israel

Yeah, this:
How do you incorporate the breadcrumbs?

Agreed lmao lmao rofl

jesus christ, dill pickles then, you faggot
(((faggot)))

You mix them in with the meat in a bowl then form the patties from it. You also need egg in there as a bonding agent. If this sounds like making meatloaf that's because it's literally the same, I think it's a thing in the UK to make burgers like this because their ground beef is made out of horses or some shit

In my opinion the secret to a great burger is not to overdo it on the meat. There's a ratio between meant, bun, and toppings. In the US we tend to think of meat as the star of the show, but an excellent burger is more than the sum of it's parts. There's a righteous harmony between the three.

Horse is a lean meat, you're right. Little bit of tenderizer and even a touch of MSG makes it just right, I'd say.

Cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickle on a slightly stale poppy seed bun. No onions. Onions suck as do all people who like them.

>sous vide
can i use glass jars? i dont want to cook with plastic

sounds good to me, mine is pretty similar

Smashed patty
Brie cheese, regular American if not available
Sauteed onions and mushrooms
Mayo or maybe garlic aioli if possible

i prefer memeburgers

ballpark pre cooked patties, on a plain store brand bun. that's it. 'toppings' are for decadent fools.

1/2lber usually
Cheddar cheese
Lettuce
tomato
onion
pickles
mayo
ketchup

When I was cutting I got shredded like a god damned work of art eating a burger I'd make on the grill every night. This was my favorite:
1/2 of 80/20 or Bison
A slice of White American Cheese
A roasted Jalapeno
A little mixture of mayo and the black bottle El Yucateco habanero salsa

I made mine with pork mince because it was all I had but I filled the inside with cheddar.

>one burger
>actual cheddar
>pickles
>jalapenos
>lettuce
>ketchup
>red onion
>lightly toasted buns

that sounds pretty dope, yucateco black is damn good as a sauce mix-in
also always 80/20 for burgers

>Patty
>smash style

I understand that American English is a shit language that describes shit food with shit words, but now you ruin your burgers by squeezing the meat too?

The US was a mistake, I blame the brits

For me, it's a Big Mac from McDonald's with fresh crispy fries and an ice cold Coca-Cola.

I just throw some ground beef in a pan, maybe put some salt on it. I like how it tastes. Yes, I know I can make it taste much better, but I'm worried if I open myself up to that new world of flavor I'm not going to be able to go back which will be a pain in the ass if I'm forced to.

crushing the meat on one side in a cast iron pan that's nice and hot creates a brown crust from the fat releasing on the underside, but it doesn't escape from the burger. adds some texture and nice flavor and it still retains the juiciness any respectful burger should have.

>quarter pound patty of 80% lean 20% fat
>gently shaped
>salt & fresh ground pepper on both sides
>cooked in small buttered pan
>medium heat for four and a half minutes on each side
>served on fresh toasted bakery buns
>with cooked red onions, tomato, green lettuce, and melted american cheese

The key to a good burger is keeping it juicy inside, smashed patties dry out quickly and are only good if you're larping as some faggoty New York hipster chef.

I do not eat beefburgers.

youtube.com/watch?v=iM_KMYulI_s

you've lost the fucking plot, gordon

Shroom & swiss, lamb instead of beef, dash of seasoning salt.

>gordon does the applebees upside down burger order

m8s was applebees a 3 star establishment all this time?

>thick potato bun
>thin layer dukes mayo
>1/3lb ground chuck patty cooked medium
>over easy duck egg
>grilled onions
>bechamel cheese
>2 slices crispy bacon
>top potato bun

the "veggies on the bottom" thing is more of a preference. some people like their veggies crisp, some like the flavor mixed with the juice from the burger.

>lettuce
>onion
>pickle
>thousand island style spread that numerous places use
>american cheese
>bacon
>tomato (optional)

im a sucker for that "spread" or "signature sauce" that a lot of places uses.

The issue with this is that you aren't really making a burger. You are making an individual meatloaf sandwich. Mixing salt, egg, and breadcrumb into the meat seriously messes with the texture. Kenji did a test of it here: aht.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html
Don't get me wrong, I love a good meatloaf sandwich, especially with day-old meatloaf, dijon mustard, and caramalized onions. I just isn't a burger.

i kind of want to make meatloaf now.