Is he the only celebrity chef that's actually good at cooking?

Is he the only celebrity chef that's actually good at cooking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wiAcJYyLF8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But he isn't good at cooking.

youtube.com/watch?v=wiAcJYyLF8U
He very out of touch

plenty of them are good wtf are you on about?

Can you repeat the question

Not so fast.

Strangely when dealing with world class food, he's always pushing the simple non-pretentious shit, but then he says saffron is affordable?

He's got Michelin stars, that's gotta count for something
Then again so does Jiro and he charges 300 dorra for fish and rice

When judging restaurants he says that big burgers are no good, but when showing audiences how to make burgers he suggests making big burgers.

It's time to realise there is more than one Gordon Ramsay, and it's impossible to say how many duplicates exist.

Good lord

Because it is $11 is cheap the most I have ever spent of saffron was $30

Saffron is cheap as fuck at my local store. I put it in my rice all the time.

Yes? No? I don't know

depends on where you live and the quality of the saffron you're getting

He knows too much!

he is a good chef, although these days he doesn't cook much and is focused on the more business side of food while the chefs who work for him maintain his Michelin stars. but in terms of "celebrity chefs" many of the famous chefs simply don't have time to be celebrities as they are too busy maintaining their food's standards, Massimo Bottura is the only famous chef i can think of that still cooks while being a full time restaurateur and world class chef but hes nowhere as well known as Gordon Ramsay

it is affordable if using the correct amount in rice. It is only $10 or so and it will make a decent amount of rice with that much. Literally less than half the price of a decent handle of booze for over a months worth of saffron rice.

We can at least count UK Gordon, US Gordon, Gordon at home, Gordon on the streets, Gordon the coke fiend who hosts Kitchen Nightmares...

>the most I have ever spent of saffron was $30

A 30 dollar spice is not "affordable", it's retardedly expensive.

I mainly know him as the guy who shouts at people on TV. I have no idea if he actually knows how to cook or not.

His "budget" recipes are fucking hilarious. Just take your leftover mushroom risotto from the fridge, man. Just put some saffron on it.

All his "you can cook this in 20 minutes" claims are also morbidly funny, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe you can actually do it that fast if you have worked as a chef for 30 years and have a scientifically optimized kitchen layout. But his idea of what's cheap for normal people is so off it's fucking funny. Individual ingredients that cost more than an entire meal should.

Is lamb that cheap in the UK? In the US it's about the same price as steak.

you don't use the whole bottle at once, poortard.

Hard to say. Most celebrity chefs are at least twice as good as the best Veeky Forums has to offer, but then again, Veeky Forums is not impressed by Michelin star restaurants, while it adores fast food joints. So, it's kinda hard to get any, let alone a good point of reference.

it would lats for several year unless you are one of those americans who thing "spicing" means putting two big spoon in a single plate recipe like literally every Veeky Forums recipe threads ever do

Gennaro Contaldo

His "budget" recipes are usually just repurposed clips from his various UK shows with a new label attached. They weren't designed as such.
He's done a few segments helping "normal" people to cook that are more reasonable.

That mainly because they grew up with fast food joint and they're affordable. Unless you're a richfag that grew up with Michelin star restaurants, then everyone else doesn't really give a fuck about them.

Off the top of my head, Morimoto is legit. Definitely interesting and well-executed food with nice restaurants. I think he's slowing down these days though, he's going between so many restaurants to maintain them.

I don't know how Gordon does it, he's nearly the same age as my parents and he seems omnipresent on food shows and is always dancing around like a lunatic. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he does coke on the road.

Because self enjoyment has different goals than making food for a profit.

>he does coke on the road.
Someone post that webm

do you not understand the difference between business and pleasure?

PAN

>making a huge burger to sell in your restaurant is bad business
>making a huge burger to eat yourself is great pleasure
>giving your guests food that is highly pleasurable is bad business

Guess this explains why pretentious places do so well. They sell you shit that you don't want and doesn't taste good for 30x what is should cost because its good business practice.

What are costs relative to sizes of foods? Different cuck btw

While things like lamb and prawns are regionally affordable, saffron is not something anyone should ever nor will ever use on a budget. Complete delusion. Budgets vary, obviously but saffron is like organic honey or very nearly ANY supermarket seasoning.

For budget parsley/dill/several onion types and sometimes special hauls like thyme and basil are available for under a dollar fresh at my local grocery. On a budget you buy them and dry them. Budgeting people should -never- buy any packaged dry seasonings like that. I'm lucky to be near an Amish place that provides 5x the amount for 1/3 the price, so I can get away with it.

I'm sorry but the target for his content isnt college kids living off mommy's tit - the publicity of it is meant for full time couples with two kids on a budget to save money and get ahead, not spend it on fucking saffron.

Pic related I'm on a budget and buy two gallons of this once a year when its buy one get one free in the summer. Thats actual budgeted living.

He's a highly qualified chef who became a celebrity

His show Boiling Points was pure kitchen kino

>Gordon the coke fiend who hosts Kitchen Nightmares...

>it was dreadful
>hops behind you
>nothin personnel chef

>BEEP BEEP, greatest TV chef ever coming through, all others BTFO

That's like $30 worth of saffron wtf

You're probably buying fake saffron

That's quite a bullshitty statement. I watched his masterclass, he's a great chef.

>he lives in a third world shithole where his saffron isn't cheap
>"Y-you're probably buying f-fake!" is his only response because he cannot fathom the fact that he lives in a culinary deadzone

This random example not backed up by any evidence surely is compelling.

>When judging restaurants he says that big burgers are no good, but when showing audiences how to make burgers he suggests making big burgers.

>restaurants
>you
>it's exactly the same

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

Are you guys retarded? You think he gods home and orders fast food for dinner? Obviously you don't just learn how not to cook of you have to constantly reevaluate who's cooking for you or other people's cooking to maintain your status and stars.

Did you have a stroke mid-post?

I'm at work and I'm really tired man

The only thing he's good at is snorting coke and then making an anti-coke documentary as part of the police's conditions to let him off lightly for all the coke they found in his car.

saffron is one of those things that has the aura of rich but is actually rather affordable. a few twigs of saffron is like $10-12 which is reasonable for just how little of it you actually need to use. a poor person can absolutely afford to splurge on it once in a while.

the point of the posts is that he's probably fucking tired of cooking for hours every single day and I wouldn't be surprised if he does eat take out simply because he doesn't want to have to turn on that fucking stove one more fucking time. rich people take-out but still take-out.

you can't stockpile olive oil dipshit, the lack of proper filtration makes it go bad REALLY fast and taste like liquid Plasticine. if you like the taste of putty go ahead but at that point you might as well use vegetable oil.

>steps outside

OKAYSOWHATWENEEDTOSEETONIGHTINTHISRESTRUNTISTEEMWERK GOOD TEEMWERK OTHERWISETHEYREGOINGTOFALLAPARTANDTHERESTAURANTSGOINGTOSHUTDOWNOKAYLETSGETTOIT!

I live in Berlin you dumb fucking nigger. It's a well known fact that fake saffron is common in the food industry. It all has to be harvested by hand, if it's ridiculously cheap then there's a reason for it.

>Berlin
>not a shithole

>being this stupid

>being this dumb

t. newfag

saffron is than marijuana
milk and shampoo are more expensive than gasoline
it's all relative

>saffron is *cheaper than marijuana

Major for bringing in money, but I doubt there's big costs.
Half of a fat burger patty could be used as another burger patty and voila, an extra $12 meal added to your income.

Not true at all, you can store it just fine and it maintains its taste. What do you only buy the most pure and canned EVOO available at your hipster coffee bar for 40 dollars a can? I said budget dipfuck piss off.

but it doesnt get you high nigga sheeeeeeeeeeit

He's never made much sense. He criticizes other cooks and restaurants when he does the exact same thing himself or in one of his restaurants.

It doesn't have to make sense when it makes him money. All his shows are about the drama and action. The US Kitchen Nightmares is his original KN on speed and coke and the American audience eats that shit up.
He might be good at cooking but he's even better at business.

I thought bobby flay was good too? Or did the TV shows meme on me?