You going to get a copy? I might, my life has been pretty shitty and it can't be worse than any other self-help

You going to get a copy? I might, my life has been pretty shitty and it can't be worse than any other self-help

Other urls found in this thread:

livelearnevolve.com/12-simple-yet-powerful-rules-for-life-from-jordan-peterson/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>an antidote to chaos
so pretentious

Rule #1 - clean your room

Save your money. He did a 2 and a half hour talk about the content of the book, it's on youtube somewhere look it up

Bucko

It's 15 dollars.

>it's only X dollars user so affordable just buy it
If there is a bigger red flag for shilling I don't know what it is
It doesn't matter if it costs 50 cents, if you don't need to buy it you don't need to buy it.

My dad works for Nintendo, here are the 12 things

1: clean your room
2: save your father from the underworld
3: tell the truth
4: look to how people in the past lived
5: reject postmodernism
6: value family
7: fight the dragon with a clock in its stomach
8: sign up for my future authoring program now abalone for the low price of $29.99 USD
9: read classic literature
10: vape
11: watch more Disney cartoons (frozen not included)
12: read my other book, maps of meaning

>if you dont need to buy it you don't need to buy it
Wow such a revelation my friend, anything else you want to reveal to me?

Peterson is overrated.

A pop culture meme, whose 15 minutes of fame is running out. Save your $$$. Here it is in a nut shell.

livelearnevolve.com/12-simple-yet-powerful-rules-for-life-from-jordan-peterson/

>2: save your father from the underworld
>7: fight the dragon with a clock in its stomach
interesting, pls post a list of 12 to provide an entire map

S A L T Y

It might be better than some other self help.

Doesn't change the fact that he seems to be wrong about everything.

I'm thinking about writing a semi self help blog. Or more testing my theories irl and posting what works and how + philosophizing from a perspective I haven't seen. I bought a domain and errthang.

What do you want to hear about?

My Nigga

You can get a lot worse than that tb h

Still a path toward mediocrity

Unless you didn't have parents you shouldn't bother. It's a bunch of basic principles obvious to anyone post-puberty.

I didn't really have parents. My mother has been more childish than me since I was about fourteen, acting like a hormonal teenage girl and failing in instill ANY principles in me. My father was absent.

The book is probably made for lost people like me, and there's no issue with that. Not that I'm going to buy it.

Lmao I love how it shows these for the banal normie platitudes they are

Jordan go to bed

the guru wrote a self help book, how shocking

the clinical psychologist wrote a scientifically valid self help book*

>don't do something you hate
followed by
>don't avoid something that frightens you

that's a good platitude though

Try "Psychology of Self-Esteem", Nathaniel Brandon. Way better than this garbage

the silly young fucko who was boning that horrible old jewess?
GTFO

Yes, I have Maps of Meaning on the table in front of me and am about to dive in. I have 12 Rules on pre-order for our college library too.

what's his rating?

tons and tons of people have been raised by single mothers or weak fathers. there's a huge amount of people that desperately need this stuff. just look at shit like /r9k/ or /r/incels. it's fucking pathetic.

explain?

Don't insult my internet dad!!!!!!!!! Buy the BOOK!!!

>I'm totally not asshurt guys.

Peterson is Todd Howard of /pol/. Prove me wrong

>don't live a miserable existence if you have the choice to not be miserable, ie, in your occupation
>confronting fears makes them more manageable in the medium to long term and should be voluntarily undertaken
Not hard.

no. j00gle is your friend.

If you don't even know the author, why trust the book unreservedly?

Slit your wrists, cunt bitch.

You hate Peterson because he wants to help /r9k/ types rather than spitting on them.

>You hate Peterson because he wants to scam /r9k/ types rather than spitting on them.
FTFY. But really it is because you faggots keep trying to shill him in Veeky Forums

this post is PURE IDEOLOGY

I actually will be getting a copy.

because who the author is is irrelevant to the arguments of the book you dumbass

tell me the book sucks or eat shit

why*

Why you Redditfags hate Peterson so much?

bet it doesn't sukkk half as good as a half dead jewess

>"Cato reckoned nothing a good bargain which was superfluous; but whatever it was, though sold for a farthing, he would think it a great price, if you had no need of it."

Wow, triggered buttmad much, celibate friendo?

user, Peterson is basically the human form of Reddit.

My advice: get it

that's just silly.

buying it, don't get mad redditor-chan

>buying self-help books from a youtube celebrity
>calling those laughing at you for it 'reddit'
>this is Veeky Forums in current year
>this is Veeky Forums in 2017

Probably, yeah, Peterson gives excellent advice and its always good to put some more tools in your back pocket.

I don't think people even begin realize how much the /r9k/ types need this. Peterson shows them how to channel the resentment they have built up to integrate the shadow and individuate. Without this, the only alternative message they get is one of sheer rejection which is only affirming their feelings of being completely misunderstood and hurt by the outside world. All this is going to do is make things worse for everyone.

>Thing X I don't like is basically reddit incarnate
I love this meme because at this point you can say that about anything that's reasonably popular on the internet and be right in some way.

Wheres the scam, is it the hundreds of hours of free content he put out?

>clean your room
>do your chores
>work on your goals
>don't lie
Yeah, all those people that browse internet 25h a day have definitely never heard or seen this revelatory stuff before.

why the hell is it called "self-help" when you're literally reading something someone else wrote in order to help yourself

seems like the opposite of self help to me

you're retarded, but maybe by implementing those twelve rules into your life you'd be slightly less so

cleaning your room is actually a really good advice, not even kidding

Is your room clean user? Happy with your life?

Not at the moment. Yes.

Not the same user. But no, and no.

>Is your room clean user? Happy with your life?
But why do you need an external entity to reinforce these basic fundamentals? You already know this stuff, he's just being a figure that will just help regulating you, a state you can achieve yourself.
I don't think self help bullshitters and motivational speakers should be given a fucking dime for stating the obvious and I'm saying this as someone who has been through a good amount of period of depression. I'd you rather spend your money on something else and if it has to be his work, maybe try Maps of Memeing. Maybe Psuederson says something insightful in it, though I doubt it.

>10: vape
should be #1

It’s a dime a dozen self help book, the only difference is that it’s coming from a pseudo-celebrity that they actually like, which I guess is it’s own type of assistance.

he is only one third of the reddit triumvirate. I can't mention the other two by name here, all I can say is pickle.

:'(

Peterson isn't writing for the creative person.
Anyone creative living the life he suggests would kill their creativity and drive them insane.
It's good for basics to get their shit together, but that's about it.

I don't wanna kill the dragon, I wanna ally with it. I want chaos. I want lust.

>an antidote to chaos

Do not presume to command me...

What i am? A spooked basic bitch?

yeah, how's the pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps working out for you, user?
have you manned up all by yourself yet?
congrats if you have, not everyone is capable of doing so without some help. don't be such a cynic.

You wanna go the full Maldoror and fuck the shark, m8. Don't settle for less.

>not everyone is capable of doing so without some help
That's the point. These books aren't help.

ok, shill the chemical Juwe then why don't you.

>You already know this stuff
Knowing is not understanding.

being a cynic is a goal everyone should strive for

Then get some therapy, I have nothing against clinical help. These books are half measures.

Have you tried stopped being a brainlet?

>have you manned up all by yourself yet?

I found role models that aren't Jungians.

Like any self help book, this will be a diluted version of stoicism. There will be nothing in it that is not already present in Meditations.

that must be nice.

What?